PDA

View Full Version : This series isn't the last!

_Seth
09-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Some guy who looks at BB relationships on BBLB who's worked for BB since BB1 said BB11 isn't the last BB when George asked if this BB was the last BB.

Josy
09-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Lol, Good news.

I think that's the most times I have ever seen BB appear in 1 sentence :hugesmile:

Jords
09-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Lol, Good news.

I think that's the most times I have ever seen BB appear in 1 sentence :hugesmile:

:laugh:

It shouldnt come back straight away though, give it at least a year.

_Seth
09-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Yeah I started taking the piss since I couldn't not write BB so much.

It's ****ing stupid how everyone hypes up this being the last series and then some randomer who's worked on the show since the beginning says it's not.

Kazanne
09-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Some guy who looks at BB relationships on BBLB who's worked for BB since BB1 said BB11 isn't the last BB when George asked if this BB was the last BB.

He 'predicted' it wasn't the last nothing is certain,and i wouldn't pay too much creedence to him as he also said Mario would be evicted this week!!!

ILoveTRW
09-08-2010, 10:16 PM
This is the same guy who predicted that Mario is going this week.
then an hour later mario is safe.

Beastie
09-08-2010, 10:18 PM
This is the same guy who predicted that Mario is going this week.
then an hour later mario is safe.

I think Mario would have still gone this week if he didn't win s+r.

Patrick
09-08-2010, 10:19 PM
LMFAO said the guy that predicted Mario would go this week?

Patrick
09-08-2010, 10:21 PM
I think Mario would have still gone this week if he didn't win s+r.

Yeah we all knew that so the guy obviously took a random guess and failed epicly on national TV.

I love how BBLB get these failed physics and stuff in off the street or their production team and try to make us believe complete bull because they throw cabbage on top of a housemates picture or something.

joeysteele
09-08-2010, 10:22 PM
I think it still is too good an idea to be ended for good, I doubt it will be done next year but It could be back the year after.

If Channel 5 do take it on, then it may be back sooner than we think,but one thing I hope for and that is that this is the last BB with this production team because they have presided over the most biased, weakest BB series ever and by their messing about with the format too much have destroyed this series totally,so I hope any of the production team involved this series are never allowed to work on a BB series again.Any of them.

seanraff07
09-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Really hope this isn't the last one, and if it is there going to have to do something similar instead!

Shasown
09-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Yeah I started taking the piss since I couldn't not write BB so much.

It's ****ing stupid how everyone hypes up this being the last series and then some randomer who's worked on the show since the beginning says it's not.

Is the person that you are talking about Michael Knight, the astrologer?

Would hardly call being an occassional guest as working on BB.

poejoe
09-08-2010, 11:44 PM
hope it comes back like it used to be. the alcahol issue is **** their all adults andk should be allowed to buy and drink what they want. i mean you do not go a pub and they only sell u 2 units do they so let them get on with it and get back to the good old days when the shopping budget went on alcahol and they were all on a bender till it went . that was good tv

watchinittoomuch
10-08-2010, 01:10 AM
:confused:

ElProximo
10-08-2010, 01:15 AM
:laugh:

It shouldnt come back straight away though, give it at least a year.

Strongly agree.
IF there will be a 'reboot' of Big Brother it would need a year at least and even two or three.

I'm not holding out too much hope but I would love to see a break and restarted as something else. A whole different look, feel, format altogether. It might almost be 'unrecognizable' to many used to the C4 BB.

The bad news.. i suspect just a horrific teen-orientated 'summer party crapfest' will be knocked off. :(

fitz2k2
10-08-2010, 01:17 AM
Hellooo everyone knows big brother will be back next yr duhhh

Bigbrofan25
10-08-2010, 01:25 AM
Strongly agree.
IF there will be a 'reboot' of Big Brother it would need a year at least and even two or three.

I'm not holding out too much hope but I would love to see a break and restarted as something else. A whole different look, feel, format altogether. It might almost be 'unrecognizable' to many used to the C4 BB.

The bad news.. i suspect just a horrific teen-orientated 'summer party crapfest' will be knocked off. :(

I agree to a certain degree but It only needs about 12 to 18 months rest

It does need changing the format needs revamping but it MUST still be Big brother There must still be some things that remain such as the Evictions and nominations no contact with the outside world all those things are the heart of what BB is at the end of the day

A new presenter is needed BBLB needs the axe to replaced with a better more up to date spin off show for news and gossip and maybe allowing the public to choose housemates and tasks and twists would be an idea

The eye also needs to be revamped too with a whole new logo maybe new music titles etc

I believe if Channel 5 gets it with Richard Desmond in charge then it will come back bigger abd fresher than ever also his mags and papers will help promote it too

ElProximo
10-08-2010, 02:18 AM
I agree to a certain degree but It only needs about 12 to 18 months rest

Yep but it won't hurt if 2 summers (from now) pass by but sure.. about 18 months works.

It does need changing the format needs revamping but it MUST still be Big brother There must still be some things that remain such as the Evictions and nominations no contact with the outside world all those things are the heart of what BB is at the end of the day

Oh yes and what I foresee is actually going BACK to the original rules and concepts.
For example - going back to where 'no contact outside world' REALLY means that much. Not even being raised above the house to see the neighbourhoods around it.
Another example - no such thing as 'New Housemates' in the new series.
Returning to the original idea of the 'psychological experiment' of long times knowing absolutely nothing.
Not even about pop stars dying.

It seems 'contrary' the latest trends but I think a 'Purist BB' can actually do better.

A new presenter is needed BBLB

Oh.. no such thing as BBLB. That was some C4 thing in the last kind of BB series.
A new BB reboot in a new channel may have no such 'BBLB's or any such things.
There may be no such thing as a 'Presenter' in a new BB format.

The eye also needs to be revamped too with a whole new logo maybe new music titles etc

OH wow.. your still thinking of THIS BB just returning with a 'new look' from C4.
The next generation BB does not necessarily have any such logos, titles music at all.
(in fact, I think the BB 'Eye' might be an Endemol thing but may not be some kind of ongoing thing in a new BB)

I believe if Channel 5 gets it with Richard Desmond in charge then it will come back bigger abd fresher than ever also his mags and papers will help promote it too

My fear is that a new generation BB will become nothing more than a 'models and scandal' teenager-orientated crapfest.

fizzy
10-08-2010, 02:35 AM

I know, 'citing. He was good.

Hopefully C5 will get the Russell Brand back on Big Mouth

ElProximo
10-08-2010, 02:59 AM
I know, 'citing. He was good.

Hopefully C5 will get the Russell Brand back on Big Mouth

I don't think people understand this. C5 is not just 'continuing the series' with Davina, BBBM etc.

Its over. There is NO MORE BBLB, Big Mouth, There is not more Davina, The BB House is GONE.
There is not just someone else 'carrying it on now'.

In fact, a lot of times these things are just 'on paper'. Someone has really bought the 'rights'. Contract stuff. Often the program is NEVER made or remade,
but,
IF they do BB again you guys have to start understanding its not going to be 'this BB' at all.
It will be a completely different BB.

Why does nobody seem to get this??

iRyan
10-08-2010, 03:22 AM
I think Five would put more time and effort into BB then Channel 4 have recently anyway.

MrGaryy
10-08-2010, 03:34 AM
I think Five would put more time and effort into BB then Channel 4 have recently anyway.

If Big Brother went to Five under Desmond's control then it would take a serious budget cut. All Desmond cares about is mass producing cheap TV, there's no way he'd fork out the amount of money that C4 are currently giving it.

MrGaryy
10-08-2010, 03:36 AM
I don't think people understand this. C5 is not just 'continuing the series' with Davina, BBBM etc.

Its over. There is NO MORE BBLB, Big Mouth, There is not more Davina, The BB House is GONE.
There is not just someone else 'carrying it on now'.

In fact, a lot of times these things are just 'on paper'. Someone has really bought the 'rights'. Contract stuff. Often the program is NEVER made or remade,
but,
IF they do BB again you guys have to start understanding its not going to be 'this BB' at all.
It will be a completely different BB.

Why does nobody seem to get this??

The BB house is not gone in fact Endemol just submitted an application for a new contract for the site the house and studio is on.

There's no saying that the spin offs are gone either, they could fit in very well on Five' equivalent to E4, Fiver. Marcus Bentley has also said he would continue to narrate it if it moved to another channel. Plus Emma Willis has a history with Five so I could see her being involved in a reboot.

iRyan
10-08-2010, 04:17 AM
At the end of the day, it's more Endemol that controls Big Brother than Channel 4 isn't it? It's the producers who control it. So actually, things would be the same...it's the channel that BUYS it and AIRS it.

Cuz like, I remember when this show in America called The Simple Life switched from Fox to E!, it wasn't really any different just slightly more updated. So just because a show switches channels, doesnt mean anything.

luminoussun
10-08-2010, 04:18 AM
it was just bs predictions.
But on a serious note
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASE DON'T END THIS SHOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will mourn every summer without it

MrGaryy
10-08-2010, 04:25 AM
At the end of the day, it's more Endemol that controls Big Brother than Channel 4 isn't it? It's the producers who control it. So actually, things would be the same...it's the channel that BUYS it and AIRS it.

Cuz like, I remember when this show in America called The Simple Life switched from Fox to E!, it wasn't really any different just slightly more updated. So just because a show switches channels, doesnt mean anything.

Endemol produce and execute the show, Channel 4 air it and fund it. They decided when it airs, how many weeks of it they want, they commission the spin offs and they're in charge of recruiting presenters. They decide how much money is put into the production budget.

iRyan
10-08-2010, 04:27 AM
Endemol produce and execute the show, Channel 4 air it and fund it. They decided when it airs, how many weeks of it they want, they commission the spin offs and they're in charge of recruiting presenters. They decide how much money is put into the production budget.

So technically then, the only thing that would change is the budget and the presenters really. We'd still have all of the same creative minds who create the tasks, the casting directors, etc.

MrGaryy
10-08-2010, 04:31 AM
So technically then, the only thing that would change is the budget and the presenters really. We'd still have all of the same creative minds who create the tasks, the casting directors, etc.

Not if Five don't provide a budget large enough to pay all of those for 11 to 13 weeks which is very unlikely. Plus as Channel 4 commissioned the spin offs, Five wouldn't be allowed to air BBLB and Big Mouth as they're C4 originals. That's not stopping them from broadcasting a near identical show under a different name though.

ElProximo
10-08-2010, 07:17 AM
The BB house is not gone in fact Endemol just submitted an application for a new contract for the site the house and studio is on.

There's no saying that the spin offs are gone either, they could fit in very well on Five' equivalent to E4, Fiver. Marcus Bentley has also said he would continue to narrate it if it moved to another channel. Plus Emma Willis has a history with Five so I could see her being involved in a reboot.

I know you're right and what you are saying and it is possible many people now involved with BB could still be involved,
and,
Its entirely possible new producers may very well keep some of the same formulas like a 'BBLB' or having a 'Davina' who presents,
but,
Too many people are just looking at this like BB (as we know it) will just carry on to BB12.
They are asking if the changes will be things like whether or not Keith Lemon will still appear?
I wonder if Davina will still be there?

Well we are talking about what can be a completely different program, house, presentation, formats, look, feel, production altogether.
We are talking about entirely different people.
EVEN IF Endemol did keep the current house (the actual physical house) this may be something completely different.
Unrecognizable.

To put it this way:
We could find out that there is a 'new BB' coming 2 Summers from now.
We turn on and find it is not even near London.
It may be called 'Endemol's Big Brother: Season ONE'.
There is no 'Davina Presenter' at all.
There is no such thing as 'BBLB'.
There are NO live-crowds or audiences.
No 'opening theme' at all.
People you have never seen before are on a panel and a screen behind them is live.
You see nearly none of the 'carnival theme' or those classic decors. Maybe there is no garden as you know it.
Is this a documentary?
You feel like your watching some weird documentary because none of this 'feels' like BB you used to watch.
You don't even get the familiar narrator "David.. is in the garden with.."
The program is 2 hours long and goes back and forth between the panel, highlights reviewed and live-commentary...

I guess I'm just trying to communicate the idea that a future BB may NOT look ANYTHING like you think.
A completely different 'entity' altogether.

I'm just afraid too many are just expecting BB12 next Summer thinking maybe its a question of whether or not George Lamb gets a new co-host.

Jack_
10-08-2010, 07:23 AM
I know you're right and what you are saying and it is possible many people now involved with BB could still be involved,
and,
Its entirely possible new producers may very well keep some of the same formulas like a 'BBLB' or having a 'Davina' who presents,
but,
Too many people are just looking at this like BB (as we know it) will just carry on to BB12.
They are asking if the changes will be things like whether or not Keith Lemon will still appear?

Well we are talking about what can be a completely different program, house, presentation, formats, look, feel, production altogether.
EVEN IF Endemol did keep the current house (the actual physical house) this may be something completely different.
Unrecognizable.

To put it this way:
People you have never seen before are on a panel and a screen behind them is live.
You see nearly none of the 'carnival theme' or those classic decors. Maybe there is no garden as you know it.
Is this a documentary?
You feel like your watching some weird documentary because none of this 'feels' like BB you used to watch.
The program is 2 hours long and goes back and forth between the panel, highlights reviewed and live-commentary...

I guess I'm just trying to communicate the idea that a future BB may NOT look ANYTHING like you think.

I'm just afraid too many are just expecting BB12 next Summer thinking maybe its a question of whether or not George Lamb gets a new co-host.

This is the exact thing that bothers me, though I see the chances of this happening more likely if it came back in five - ten years time, or even further into the next generation. And to be honest I don't think I could watch, it'd ruin a childhood memory for me.

BBGermany
10-08-2010, 07:31 AM
take a year or 2 off and go back to how it once was. Back to basics. Back to how IMO when it was a sociological experiment. Not a platform to get your 15min. I dont mind new housemates but theres no need to chuck say 2 out one week and throw another 3 in the next. Only new HMs when people walk/get ejected.. I guess i wouldnt mind new HMs either way but only like one time within the 3months or so. Chuck in 2 or 3 of them.

* I actually wouldnt mind if they did come back and go back to how it was in the first series. I re-watched series 1 during the first month of this series & enjoyed it more.

ElProximo
10-08-2010, 07:36 AM
I want to say - I wish it was a completely new look and feel and went 'back to the future' by returning to its original 'socio-psychological experiment' and something that was again for adults too,
but,
My guess?

Probably does look like just a new version of the same thing with more of a 'Jerry Springer' thing going on.
A UK version of the USA version with BB10 but even more outrageous, juvenile and featuring more romances, fights.
Some 'knock-off' versions of BBLB and their 'Davina replacement' and the same sorts of format, routines, standards.
Ugh.

MrGaryy
10-08-2010, 07:42 AM
and,
but,

Unrecognizable.

To put it this way:
Is this a documentary?

Well of course all of that COULD happen, but it's not exactly likely. Five aren't exactly known for their innovation, I can't see them drastically changing the show. Marcus Bentley said he would go to a new channel and I can't see them not asking him. I don't see what it matters if it's a drastically different house, it didn't hurt the show even slightly when the house moved location for BB3. No channel is going to commission a 2 hour show. Why the hell would there be no opening titles, that's just standard for ANY SHOW.

ElProximo
10-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Well of course all of that COULD happen, but it's not exactly likely. Five aren't exactly known for their innovation, I can't see them drastically changing the show. Marcus Bentley said he would go to a new channel and I can't see them not asking him. I don't see what it matters if it's a drastically different house, it didn't hurt the show even slightly when the house moved location for BB3. No channel is going to commission a 2 hour show. Why the hell would there be no opening titles, that's just standard for ANY SHOW.

I actually do believe (and I wish Im proven wrong) it will look far too much like a 'knock-off' series and will keep almost everything 'as close' as it can. I hope I'm wrong.

Having said that I still sense you are expecting just another season of BB as we know it. Same openings, same format,
Maybe someone replaced Davina,
The house will still be the same BB house with just different designer this time (as usual).

I'd just encourage you to expect something very different. It will be 'BB1' and not 'BB12'.
My scenario was not so much a 'prediction' but was communicating the idea that you may turn on the telly and see something...
.... something that is not just 'changes' to an already existing program.
Not just a 'version'.
But something you don't even recognize with entirely different people in different time slots, in different set-ups.
Maybe there is no presenter outside the house. It opens in a studio. There is no 'Davina'.
Instead its a panel.
They don't 'throw to highlight clips' and back to a crowd. Maybe it opens with a panel reviewing recordings from the previous day.
Stop.
They discuss it.
30 minutes in they go live to the inside. Each it picking cameras.
The house is not just 'redecorated'.
In fact it looks more like a warehouse.
There are no more 'comedy tasks' but instead tasks are quite serious projects like having them decorate the house.

All of this is trying to communicate the idea you may be seeing some completely different program.
Not a 'revamped version of C4's BB' where we discuss if we like the 'New Eye Logo',
or,
Discuss whether George Lamb is doing a good job replacing Davina.

btw.. I am a huge fan of Marcus Bentley. As other said - I cannot even IMAGINE BB without his voice. A friend of mine literally becomes giddy and sleepy (like a baby) the very first time Marcus speaks on Day One heh,
but,
the obvious problem is that Marcus speaking tells the viewer we are still watching C4's Big Brother series.
I don't see that happening.

In fact the next generation BB may not even have ANY specific narrator at all.
The 'narrators' may be the panel at a desk and the moderator describing what is being seen and reviewed.
We may hear several voices speaking as if watching a football game with commentators.

In fact, I actually do think it will be something far closer to a 'knock-off' version of C4's product. (again, i hope they prove me wrong),
but,
once again I'm just communicating ideas that some here need to brace themselves for.
It may not look anything like what you have been watching. Not like it, not scheduled, timed like it, not the same look and feel at all,
different cameras at different angles with different voices in different studio formats etc etc etc.

Also, none of this goes to the whole question of whether or not it will actually be done at all heh.

cub
10-08-2010, 09:20 AM

He also predicted Mario was going this week. Do you believe that as well?

eye sea
10-08-2010, 09:47 AM

I think you're right. I think Channel 5 will change the show so much, it will be mostly unrecognisable, but still enjoyable. I think the main thing they will change will be the house set-up. I also think laying around on beds all day WON'T BE AN OPTION. I think a revamped show will be more active and interactive. :)

Kore
10-08-2010, 12:15 PM

Im hoping they take it to channel 5, and then make it the same format as BB USA!

walter
10-08-2010, 12:31 PM
I don't think it will be n at all next year but the year after it may come on if channel 5 take it. As much as everyone complains about BB I reckon the day channel 5 get it everyone will whine and cry about how they miss davina and bblb and this and that.