PDA

View Full Version : Evidence That The Polls Are Being Rigged-DON'T TRUST THEM!!!

mike888
10-08-2010, 01:52 AM
I'm in close contact with another site that runs BB polls and we have been puzzled why, for several weeks, the polls show Corin in a large lead when they open, but then she gets overtaken by John James as the week goes on.

Studying the voting logs, it's become clear that the polls are being cleverly manipulated by a person or persons unknown. They slipped up by block voting 50 times for John James but all from different I.P. addresses.

Looking back and studying previous weeks, the same thing has been happening, but the votes have been spread out more evenly so it's been more difficult to spot.

Most of the spurious votes have been for John James, making him seem more popular than what he really is, now the same thing is happening with Sam, putting him near the top of the win poll, but in effect, although he has got some support, it's nowhere near as much as reflected in the polls.

Cross referencing the poll rigging with the betting odds, it looks like it could be a clever and well thought out betting scam, mostly revolving around Betfair, where the odds have been shortened up and bets laid on housemates who seem popular, but are in effect are not nearly as popular as shown in the polls.

At the moment Sam is shown in the TIBB's poll in third place within 3% of the lead, in fact he was on 11% immediately he became a housemate, which considering he entered the house to a torrent of boos, seems highly suspect.

I can't comment on the TIBB's poll but can only suspect that the scammers have been targeting that too. It's obviously not just one person just messing the polls up for fun purposes, it's far too cleverly thought out for that. Computers have been set up with programmes to place spurious votes at irregular intervals and showing different I.P. addresses, obviously for financial gain.

When you check polls, DON'T TAKE THEM FOR GRANTED, there is DEFINATE proof they are being rigged!!!

Maia
10-08-2010, 01:55 AM
Pmsl, all over an internet forum poll. :joker:

Jords
10-08-2010, 01:58 AM
That or the link is posted on Twitter to a bunch of JJJ lovers...

Patrick
10-08-2010, 02:03 AM
When you check polls, DON'T TAKE THEM FOR GRANTED, there is DEFINATE proof they are being rigged!!!

Did anyone else think of this at the end of a DOE Advert?

'Never EVER Drink and Drive, Could you live with the shame? From D.O.E'
The OP Sounds so serious as if he's warning you to check your smoke alarm daily. :laugh:

Jordan.
10-08-2010, 02:04 AM
I dont think any votes for Sam are rigged. Many people wanted him in from the start anyway and he got the most votes on the BB website wanting him in + now hes in the house everyone can see hes a legend.

John James on the other hand just look at how many 'WELOVEJOHN4EVAA' twitter accounts there are spamming their crap.

mike888
10-08-2010, 02:13 AM
Pmsl, all over an internet forum poll. :joker:

I'm not referring to internet forum polls which are notoriously inaccurate, but to official polls run by reputable Big Brother websites.

Betting has become big business on reality tv show, and polls seriously influence where people place their bets. If you don't bet on Big Brother then to you it proberly seems 'much ado about nothing' BUT for people that do bet it could have serious consequences, especially if a large amount of money is at stake.

GypsyGoth
10-08-2010, 02:16 AM
I bet it's that Kenneth Tong guy, he's a dick.

mike888
10-08-2010, 02:21 AM
I bet it's that Kenneth Tong guy, he's a dick.

You can't point fingers of blame without evidence BUT that name has been mentioned in certain circles.

Jords
10-08-2010, 02:25 AM
You can't point fingers of blame without evidence BUT that name has been mentioned in certain circles.

http://i38.tinypic.com/200bslt.jpg

... It is him! :shocked:

Josy
10-08-2010, 02:28 AM

:joker:

GypsyGoth
10-08-2010, 02:29 AM

:laugh2: That is good enough for me.

boomoo
10-08-2010, 02:51 AM
I'm in close contact with another site that runs BB polls and we have been puzzled why, for several weeks, the polls show Corin in a large lead when they open, but then she gets overtaken by John James as the week goes on.

Studying the voting logs, it's become clear that the polls are being cleverly manipulated by a person or persons unknown. They slipped up by block voting 50 times for John James but all from different I.P. addresses.

Looking back and studying previous weeks, the same thing has been happening, but the votes have been spread out more evenly so it's been more difficult to spot.

Most of the spurious votes have been for John James, making him seem more popular than what he really is, now the same thing is happening with Sam, putting him near the top of the win poll, but in effect, although he has got some support, it's nowhere near as much as reflected in the polls.

Cross referencing the poll rigging with the betting odds, it looks like it could be a clever and well thought out betting scam, mostly revolving around Betfair, where the odds have been shortened up and bets laid on housemates who seem popular, but are in effect are not nearly as popular as shown in the polls.

At the moment Sam is shown in the TIBB's poll in third place within 3% of the lead, in fact he was on 11% immediately he became a housemate, which considering he entered the house to a torrent of boos, seems highly suspect.

I can't comment on the TIBB's poll but can only suspect that the scammers have been targeting that too. It's obviously not just one person just messing the polls up for fun purposes, it's far too cleverly thought out for that. Computers have been set up with programmes to place spurious votes at irregular intervals and showing different I.P. addresses, obviously for financial gain.

Well I have tried to vote several times on different polls and been told I had already voted when I hadnt ever been on the sire before. Perhaps they did not like who I wanted to vote for.

Marzy
10-08-2010, 05:27 AM

You should post this on the DS forum, it's food for thought.

luminoussun
10-08-2010, 05:54 AM
But does this mean that everyone elses fans are stupid?

mike888
10-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Well I have tried to vote several times on different polls and been told I had already voted when I hadnt ever been on the sire before. Perhaps they did not like who I wanted to vote for.

That's because most sites refer to the I.P. address and it bars you from voting again from the same address. The people behind this scam are using a program that changes the I.P. address everytime they vote so it's virtually undetectable unless you study the voting pattern very carefully.

Mystic Mock
10-08-2010, 03:13 PM
that is very bad if its fixed.

Will?
10-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Vote here please; http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154580
The more people that vote, the better idea we will get of the favourite.

Vicky.
10-08-2010, 03:17 PM
This happened here last year.

Lisa, all of a sudden got a surge of votes, and went from near least fave, to favorite.

Admin found out that one member had voted about 1000 times. Some people have far too much time on their hands.

IloveSophie<3
10-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Yay !!

Jj won't win JJ won't win !!! YAy Yay Yay =]

Zippy
10-08-2010, 03:23 PM
The bookies odds dont lie. Its BIG business.

Corin is fave and JJ is now 4th fave. They are taking in to account the fact that many JJ fans will vote for Josie...and vice versa.

*mazedsalv**
10-08-2010, 03:23 PM
I dont think so, the actual thing that is happening is people are posting the polls on Twitter and Facebook (where the majority of JJJ fans are).

Lister of Smeg
10-08-2010, 03:24 PM

Corin is fave and JJ is now 4th fave. They are taking in to account the fact that many JJ fans will vote for Josie...and vice versa.

Corin will be 2nd favorite after tonight shes drifting :joker:.

BristolRovers
10-08-2010, 03:43 PM

Oh, so that's why they got it wrong when Rachel got evicted when John James was favourite and when Sunshine got evicted - sure.. :rolleyes:

Mystic Mock
10-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Corin will be 2nd favorite after tonight shes drifting :joker:.

yes because josie is gonna be favorite.

Chuckyegg
10-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Do do do do....do do do do....Don't Trust Them!!
MC Hammer

mike888
10-08-2010, 08:29 PM
yes because josie is gonna be favorite.

Sam is now 6/4 favourite!!!!!!!!! :conf: