PDA

View Full Version : Dave has a very good point

MusicMan
10-08-2010, 10:54 PM
About BB treating housemates differently.
My parents were like "stop moaning, Dave!" but I think he's got a very fair and valid point.
Particularly on the subject of the rule breaking regarding nominations.
For example:
Dave talks about nominations. He is automatically up.
Sam talks about nominations. He is banned from nominating next week.
They could've taken away Dave's right to nominate next week also, rather than automatically disqualify him from Save and Replace!
Maybe I was just blind before, but it has become strikingly obvious now more than ever that BB has it's own favourites, whatever the producers might say.
If they didn't, then they would be consistent with their punishments and their application and reasoning.
I am fully behind Dave and completely agree with what he was saying tonight.

newspresenter
10-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Here's another way of looking at it, Dave was doing a damn nice thing helping Andrew who was really worried and in tears, you'd think BB rules would be infavour and considerate of that kind of situation, but no, they hadn't the heart to even understand where Dave was coming from.

setanta
10-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Completely agree with you. That's why BB is going down the toilet really - it's been glaringly obvious during this series and the last that they have their favourites and will continue to treat them differently to the others. Absolute rubbish.

Kaaarenn!
10-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Dave has talked about nominations more than Sam though, that's probably why and if Sam continues then his punishments will probably be the same as Dave's.

Angus
10-08-2010, 11:07 PM
But where are the punishments for JJ1? Every single day he drones on and on with impunity about nominations and evictions yet he has never received any punishments as severe as those doled out to others.

WOMBAI
10-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Completely agree! Josie and JJ get away with it all the time - but Dave is always put up! Completely biased!

reece(:
10-08-2010, 11:08 PM
It's weird how they keep forcing him to be up.

WOMBAI
10-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Dave has talked about nominations more than Sam though, that's probably why and if Sam continues then his punishments will probably be the same as Dave's.

What about JJ and Josie?

Stevep
10-08-2010, 11:09 PM

Pretty much this! Dave is always talking blatently about noms or doing it in a subtle way.

The guy is always on about noms and tactics etc, it was actually refreshing to see corin have a go for once. Just wish someone would pull up john james about it and tell him to shut the **** up! About a week ago i thought john james deserved the show but he has become SUCH a bitch now. If he was female, my word he'd be absolutely hated.

WOMBAI
10-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Pretty much this! Dave is always talking blatently about noms or doing it in a subtle way.

The guy is always on about noms and tactics etc, it was actually refreshing to see corin have a go for once. Just wish someone would pull up john james about it and tell him to shut the **** up! About a week ago i thought john james deserved the show but he has become SUCH a bitch now. If he was female, my word he'd be absolutely hated.

Exactly our point - Dave gets punished, when JJ doesn't - unfair, biased treatment!

joeysteele
10-08-2010, 11:15 PM
I am 100% with wombai on this one. One rule for Jjames and Josie and a much harder set of rules for everyone else,its a sham,its biased, its a farce and its wrong,they are ripping the voting viewers off left right and centre.

MusicMan
10-08-2010, 11:19 PM
It's such a shame that BB has come to this
I'm still loyal to the show and I still love it and all, it's just a shame that they've had to resort to twisting things so that their favourites don't receive the same repercussions as the others
I think Dave's chances have probably become stronger for it though (not a hope for winning, but for progressing)

SoBig
11-08-2010, 12:16 AM
They do have a vendetta against him. Its been obvious for weeks now.

WOMBAI
11-08-2010, 12:25 AM
They do have a vendetta against him. Its been obvious for weeks now.

I don't think it is so much a vendatta against him - as a bias towards JJ and Josie - and Dave has unfortunately been on the receiving end of that bias!

stonedape
11-08-2010, 12:29 AM
:crazy:

boomoo
11-08-2010, 01:26 AM
Completely agree with you. That's why BB is going down the toilet really - it's been glaringly obvious during this series and the last that they have their favourites and will continue to treat them differently to the others. Absolute rubbish.

Even after BB has been alerted to people's annoyance they did not check John for saying to Josie, 'You should have checked with me before you did that'. Meaning nominating JJ.

They are already briefing against Corinne. Next week JJ1 Josie and JJ2 will be nominating Corin.
Now I call that talking nominations.

boomoo
11-08-2010, 01:30 AM
I don't think it is so much a vendatta against him - as a bias towards JJ and Josie - and Dave has unfortunately been on the receiving end of that bias!

The problem is that Dave has been openly discussing nominations right from the beginning.Briefing against other housemates. He has used his persuasive skills to encourage other housemates to see the bad faults of other housemates. Totally anti-Christian. Last time I looked at the catechism it was a sin to list the faults of another person.

Every week he has picked a housemate that he wanted out and briefed against them.

luminoussun
11-08-2010, 01:32 AM
I do have to say that sam has broken the rules a few times...But dave has constantly broken the rules and i think they are fed up of it

Jords
11-08-2010, 01:53 AM
I fully agree with him and glad he pulled Big Brother up on it, Im sure most will look past the facts and call him a moaning git but I for one hope he stays just to spite the producers.

psychtracker
11-08-2010, 03:32 AM

I'm not so sure about that theory. Maybe in part because John has had numerous nom discussions and never been pulled up, but apart from Josie winding up Sam (and most of them did), she hasn't really discussed noms much...not from what i've seen, and i'm certainly not a fan of hers! I totally agree, after they put Dave up the first time, that if it was a level playing field, they should have put up Josie & John for removing their mics, but of course we knew that would never happen in a million years - we'd probably of seen teeny bopper riots in the streets!!!

The direct double standards are - putting Dave up twice, for comments which where no worse or an equal to what - Keeley, Caoimhe & Sam said, and in truth probably John & Ben should have also been pulled up...and probably a few others over through course of the series.

But, if the whole bias was about protecting John & Josie, they wouldn't give a toss about putting - Keeley, Caoimhe & Sam up for the vote.

Kore
11-08-2010, 07:16 AM
BB are bias to Corin. They clearly want Corin to win!

AndyJK
11-08-2010, 07:35 AM
Dave shouldn't have said anything to Andrew about who to nominate. All he needed to say to Andrew was "don't worry we're all doing it" or something and left it at that. The rules are very clear on nominations.

And has been mentioned Dave's consistently broken rules so only has himself to blame.

rosieb
11-08-2010, 07:52 AM
Dave is a sanctimonious twat who has loves to hear himself speak or should I say preach! He has consistently spoken about nominations and despite being reprimanded by BB previously he continues to do so and then he has the nerve to say he is being picked on by BB. I am not a fan of John James but he always alludes to nominations he doesn’t actually say outright – underhand I know but John James’s discussions on noms can all be open to interpretation however Dave the plonker’s discussions can’t be open to interpretation because the twat just comes straight out with “nominate me”!!

psychtracker
11-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Dave shouldn't have said anything to Andrew about who to nominate. All he needed to say to Andrew was "don't worry we're all doing it" or something and left it at that. The rules are very clear on nominations.

And has been mentioned Dave's consistently broken rules so only has himself to blame.

But, it's irrelevant whether someone says the same thing once or a hundred times. If one housemate, let's say - "Caoimhe" - asks people to nominate her, and big brother reprimands her - saying she's now not allowed to nominate. Then a few weeks later Dave comes along and says to Andrew - you can nominate me - but he automatically gets put up for eviction. They're both saying exactly the same thing. You can't have one rule for one housemate, and one rule for another, or else it's obvious BIAS. It's indefensible!

WOMBAI
11-08-2010, 08:06 AM

That isn't the point, and not what he is complaining about!

It is about the double-standards in punishments! JJ and Josie get away with talking noms all the time, whilst David is put up for eviction - not acceptable!

rosieb
11-08-2010, 08:07 AM
But, it's irrelevant whether someone says the same thing once or a hundred times. If one housemate, let's say - "Caoimhe" - asks people to nominate her, and big brother reprimands her - saying she's now not allowed to nominate. Then a few weeks later Dave comes along and says to Andrew - you can nominate me - but he automatically gets put up for eviction. They're both saying exactly the same thing. You can't have one rule for one housemate, and one rule for another, or else it's obvious BIAS. It's indefensible!

But Caoimhe discussed nominations once - Dave is constantly talking about nominations!!! Therefore it is right that the punishments gets harsher for contunious rule breaking - Dave has no one to blame but himself - he needs to learn to keep his trap shut and stop pontificating. If he does it again then BB should just show him the door!!

WOMBAI
11-08-2010, 08:08 AM
The problem is that Dave has been openly discussing nominations right from the beginning.Briefing against other housemates. He has used his persuasive skills to encourage other housemates to see the bad faults of other housemates. Totally anti-Christian. Last time I looked at the catechism it was a sin to list the faults of another person.

Every week he has picked a housemate that he wanted out and briefed against them.

From what I have seen - JJ does pretty much the same! Where are his punishments!

psychtracker
11-08-2010, 08:31 AM
But Caoimhe discussed nominations once - Dave is constantly talking about nominations!!! Therefore it is right that the punishments gets harsher for contunious rule breaking - Dave has no one to blame but himself - he needs to learn to keep his trap shut and stop pontificating. If he does it again then BB should just show him the door!!

But he was called out for telling Andrew he could nom him. He wasn't called out for ANY other reason. BB said - in a nutshell - that he was being punished and put up for eviction for - exactly the same thing as Caoimhe did, end of story. It doesn't matter whether you - love or hate Dave, it's impossible to defend that logic.

smudgie
11-08-2010, 08:49 AM
When Dave was called in for telling Andrew to nominate him, he was also clearly told it was due to his consistant nomination talk that he was being punished.
I agree with the fact that JJames should be punished, he and Dave are the biggesst culprits when it comes to discussing who they "think" will be up.
All that protesting that he did not know the rule included predicting who would be up is the biggest load of cadswallop ever, that lad knows everything about BB, including all the rules.

psychtracker
11-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Then what happened is - after Dave aired his grievances, the producers went into - "damage control mode". Golly gosh, they said...we can't have anyone saying we treat HMs differently! So, to try and prove to the naive public that, they weren't treating him any differently, quicker than a FLASH...they sent in Sam from comments he made earlier, so the public and other housemates could "supposedly" see that - Sam was now busted - so, surely Dave wasn't getting treated any differently. The BIG screw-up was that they didn't have the balls to say to Sam that - if he survives this week - he will automatically face eviction next week.

DOUBLE STANDARDS AGAIN!!! FFS

WOMBAI
11-08-2010, 09:11 AM

You never mention the fact that JJ constantly talks nominations - and is not punished like Dave! It is double standards - pure and simple! Disgrace!

Shiner
11-08-2010, 09:19 AM
A day or two after JJ2 entered the house he and JJJ were in the pool together, they told him that they would never nominate him (oh really Josie?) and nothing was done about it. Sam said the same thing to JJ2 and is punished heavily. It's all right there folks.

Patrick
11-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Exactly, Biased Bastards.

I say we keep Dave in tbh, don't give BB what they want.
Get Jo Out!

JEJ
11-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Even after BB has been alerted to people's annoyance they did not check John for saying to Josie, 'You should have checked with me before you did that'. Meaning nominating JJ.

I was gobsmacked at that comment, who the hell does he think he is? I don't like her but she's free to play her own game without having to check with him first??!

I'm glad Dave pointed out that there are some definite double-standards going on with regard to punishments. I also love the way he (mostly) manages to laugh it off, could you imagine the furore if this very un level playing field weren't leaning in JJ1's advantage?

WOMBAI
11-08-2010, 11:52 AM
I was gobsmacked at that comment, who the hell does he think he is? I don't like her but she's free to play her own game without having to check with him first??!

I'm glad Dave pointed out that there are some definite double-standards going on with regard to punishments. I also love the way he (mostly) manages to laugh it off, could you imagine the furore if this very un level playing field weren't leaning in JJ1's advantage?

That comment is evidence that JJ and Josie discuss nominations - and agree voting tactics - they should definitely be put up for eviction for that blatant rule break!

psychtracker
11-08-2010, 12:00 PM
It should be said that our old mate "Benny boy" was fairly loose lipped with nom talk as well...

DrunkerThanMoses
11-08-2010, 12:05 PM
But if they hated dave so much why dont they shw any him arse licking? or him bitching? or being a horrible person to the other housmetaes?

To me it looks like they love dave and are doing anythign to keep him in.

Dave has been told a number of times about talkigna bout noms but he contuines to do it, if it was any other player, they would of been ejected by now.

BigBrotherfan4ever
11-08-2010, 12:07 PM
But if they hated dave so much why dont they shw any him arse licking? or him bitching? or being a horrible person to the other housmetaes?

Dave has been told a number of times about talkigna bout noms but he contuines to do it, if it was any other player, they would of been ejected by now.

100% agree with you:thumbs:

psychtracker
11-08-2010, 12:12 PM

That's the FUNNIEST thing i've ever read here!!! :joker:

DrunkerThanMoses
11-08-2010, 12:14 PM
That's the FUNNIEST thing i've ever read here!!! :joker:

Its the truth though.

People who watch the live feed like me becuase we havce no lifes, see what hes really liike, They never show any of it the highlight though?

It baffles me why they show him as a nice perosn? To me it looks like there saving him. Trust me if they showed any off his constant bitching, constant moaning, he would be out friday, but no for some reaosn the producers love him? :conf:

psychtracker
11-08-2010, 12:18 PM
It baffles me why they show him as a nice perosn? To me it looks like there saving him. Trust me if they showed any off his constant bitching, constant moaning, he would be out friday, but no for some reaosn the producers love him? :conf:

OK then. Answer me this one question - Why if the producers love Dave as much as you believe, have they put him up for eviction twice?

Surely if they "love" him he would of been protected...

DrunkerThanMoses
11-08-2010, 12:28 PM
OK then. Answer me this one question - Why if the producers love Dave as much as you believe, have they put him up for eviction twice?

Surely if they "love" him he would of been protected...

Because us live feeders always see him talk about nominations and then we complain that they dont anything so they have to do anything.

Its strange they dont do it john james or josie who are jsut as bad as him.

psychtracker
11-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Because us live feeders always see him talk about nominations and then we complain that they dont anything so they have to do anything.

So, the producers really love him, but because they worry about a few postings on an internet forum, they're prepared to risk losing their favourite housemate?

Its strange they dont do it john james or josie who are jsut as bad as him.

Yeah, strange that.

DrunkerThanMoses
11-08-2010, 12:39 PM
So, the producers really love him, but because they worry about a few postings on an internet forum, they're prepared to risk losing their favourite housemate?

Yeah, strange that.

But the point is he always talks about nominations, so he needs to be punished for it. I dont know why they always put him up for eviction, Im jsut telling you they always give him good highlights so it makes me fell that there his favourites.

I think with Josie and JJ, they think that we actually love them or something? :conf: So they cant punish the golden couple :sleep:

WOMBAI
11-08-2010, 12:41 PM

Yeah, strange that.

That is exactly their patronising attitude towards those that have exposed their favouritism towards JJ and Josie!

Despite the fact they want our money to make them profit - they neither value or give a **** about our opinions - even when correct!

psychtracker
11-08-2010, 12:47 PM
But the point is he always talks about nominations, so he needs to be punished for it.

Why the hell would they punish him if he's their favourite??? :conf:

I think with Josie and JJ, they think that we actually love them or something? :conf: So they cant punish the golden couple :sleep:

Well, that debunks your theory that Dave is their favourite then.

DrunkerThanMoses
11-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Why the hell would they punish him if he's their favourite??? :conf:

Well, that debunks your theory that Dave is their favourite then.

I dont know? Why do they give him good highlights? The producers are retarded remember.

Well Josie and John James at least have had bad highlights in there times, showing who they really are!

ange7
11-08-2010, 01:01 PM
What about JJ and Josie?
http://i28.tinypic.com/a9n32p.jpg

psychtracker
11-08-2010, 01:05 PM
The producers are retarded remember.

Cmon, you can't keep using the same defense that the producers are SO dumb, that they keep putting up their favourite housemate for eviction! It's illogical.

:sleep:

WOMBAI
11-08-2010, 01:07 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/a9n32p.jpg

Hardly any surprise you're quite happy for your fellow Aussie to get preferential treatment! If he wins - it will be because BB carried him!

DrunkerThanMoses
11-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Cmon, you can't keep using the same defense that the producers are SO dumb, that they keep putting up their favourite housemate for eviction! It's illogical.

:sleep:

Again, Dave has been told a number of times about nom talks, and he still contuines to do it. He should be punished for it. If I was a housmeate I would complian if he wasent punished for it, as I would with JJ and Josie

Again I dont understand why they show Dave as a nice guy in the highlights, as I am a live feed viewer he really bitchy and a spiteful person, but they dont show any of it?

Again, Im not saying its only Dave who does, both Joise and JJ are just as bad and I dont understnad why they are not punished.

psychtracker
11-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Again, Dave has been told a number of times about nom talks, and he still contuines to do it. He should be punished for it. If I was a housmeate I would complian if he wasent punished for it, as I would with JJ and Josie

Again I dont understand why they show Dave as a nice guy in the highlights, as I am a live feed viewer he really bitchy and a spiteful person, but they dont show any of it?

Again, Im not saying its only Dave who does, both Joise and JJ are just as bad and I dont understnad why they are not punished.

I think we're gonna have to agree to disagree DTM...i cannot see any logic in why the producers would repeatably risk losing their "supposed" favourite housemate.

PS. i view a lot of the live feed as well, and i disagree that he's been favoured in editing.

DrunkerThanMoses
11-08-2010, 01:28 PM
I think we're gonna have to agree to disagree DTM...i cannot see any logic in why the producers would repeatably risk losing their "supposed" favourite housemate.

PS. i view a lot of the live feed as well, and i disagree that he's been favoured in editing.

Of course he has, they never showed any of his week long bitch feast about mario swapping him last week, even thoguh there good friends, and as a good friend Dave nomianted his good friend.

psychtracker
11-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Of course he has, they never showed any of his week long bitch feast about mario swapping him last week, even thoguh there good friends, and as a good friend Dave nomianted his good friend.

More likely because we where too busy being force fed 2 hours of duvet boredom. :sleep: ...anyways, let's not get into a debate over editing, we'll be here all day... :xyxwave:

DrunkerThanMoses
11-08-2010, 01:38 PM
More likely because we where too busy being force fed 2 hours of duvet boredom. :sleep: ...anyways, let's not get into a debate over editing, we'll be here all day... :xyxwave:

I know and I want to see who the killer is on midsummer murders later.

So in conclusion, get dave out!