PDA

View Full Version : Don't give BB your money, says Peter Briffa N.O.T.W.

Angus
15-08-2010, 06:15 PM
BB Blog from News of the World today:

Peter Briffa: From Bad to Worse
Regular readers will appreciate the high regard in which I hold the Big Brother production team.

It can't be easy distilling 24 hours of inaction into 45 minutes of highlights.

But they are a hard-working, dedicated band of brothers with no prejudices, no gameplans, and I for one believe it when Phil Edgar-Jones tells us that he doesn't care who wins and that they're sole concern is giving us lucky viewers an entertaining show.

Of course the editing is selective. But then again, so is the LIVE FEED. Show any two people the same incident and they will interpret it differently. And that's what makes the show. In any case, if someone is horrible live, it will inevitably come through on the highlights. Just be patient.

Having said that, these guys are morons. Why don't they get someone who knows the programme, maybe someone who's been on the show to produce it? You know, someone like Shahbaz.

Here's the latest news. There's going to be a quadruple eviction this week. That's the headline, but with customary slipperiness the story under the headline tells us that:

"FOUR housemates will be evicted from Britain's most famous House". So I suppose it is possible that not all four will be evicted in the same evening. I'd have thought they'd be planning for two to go between 9 and ten on Friday, and another two in the late show. But it is not completely out of the question that they might kick one out tomorrow, another on Wednesday, and two more on Friday. Then again, that's not really a quadruple eviction now is it?

What's actually quite shocking is that they expect people to phone in and spend fifty p without knowing the rules. That is, if four go in one night there is absolutely no point in someone who supports Dave in voting. What are they supposed to do? Phone to evict Sam, John James, Steve, and Corin? They could waste thousands of pounds, and still the Monk is out of there.

If on, the other hand, it's a slow burning series of nightly evictions, it's just possible he might survive.

So the answer is, save your money. The show's been ruined, and this is rubbing salt into the wound. It's also clear that they're making this up as they go along. That they didn't do a double eviction on Friday, when four were up, tells us the lack of planning involved. They could have a had a surprise programme that night when it was handed to them on a plate, instead they went and evicted the no-hoper. Davina struggles when doing one interview. And we know how bad she is when she has to handle five. We know. We've seen it often enough.

Just imagine if this had been in operation in BB5.

Shell, Stuart, Michelle, Nadia, Jason, Daniel, Victor, Ahmed and Becki are sitting on the sofas, and told that they have a minute to pick one of their number to get a free pass to the final. They choose the one they think will win, the one none of them have even nominated: Stuart. Easy, no problem, and Michelle grins like a monkey.

The following Friday, it's vote to evict, and out she goes, quickly followed by Nadia, Jason, and Victor. Sure they have their supporters, but a lot of people hate them too. This is their chance to kick them out.

The following Tuesday, the final five of Shell, Stuart, Daniel, Ahmed and Becki sit there. It's now vote to win. Becki's out first, followed by a stunned Ahmed. How did he survive this long? He just can't believe it. Third out it's Shell. And so it comes down to our final two. Daniel "I don't want to win" Bryan, or everybody's friend, Chicken Stu.

Who won? Who decided?

What a disgrace. What a shambles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It makes you wonder WHO would have won all the other BB's if they had pulled a stunt like this.

Vicky.
15-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Agree with the whole thing.

Hopefully people take notice. I am all for this operation deadwood on one hand...on the other, I think, why give them more money when they have screwed the show?

Personally I wont be voting, and I usually do in the weeks leading up to the final. I wont even be voting for the winner.

Jordan.
15-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Peter Briffa wont save Sam from eviction though :nono:

fingers
15-08-2010, 06:26 PM

I would love to see Sam win, just to p!ss off all the other wannabe's!!

Angus
15-08-2010, 06:27 PM

No, sadly Sam will be going on Friday, but so long as he takes John James, Dave and Mario with him I'll be happy. However, it's a travesty that JJ2 will be in the final, because if ever there was a HM deader than deadwood, that person is JJ2.

Wildcat!
15-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Waaw! I didnt think people cared about BB like this guy!
Good article.

crystaltreasure
15-08-2010, 06:43 PM
You get wrapped up in it but then you have to slap yourself back to reality and think who cares who wins they will all be forgotten anyway apart from people who have done something decent like Jade with her awareness of Cancer and how lives have been saved due to them getting checked.
Its entertaining but pay for someone to be evicted or saved forget it.