PDA

View Full Version : Another Reason Why the BB Production Team Will Ruin BB's Ending...

TheBrilliantOne
16-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Let's see, 10 years now and you'd have thought it would be easy to pick the best, most entertaining housemates to re-enter later this month, right?

Wrong.

From what I gather, the BB production team (who are predictably useless) have messed up once again by picking boring, unentertaining housemates to go back in.

From the sun's website, they showcase several former HM's and the lineup looks terrible: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/big_brother/3093462/Former-Big-Brother-stars-line-up-ahead-of-ultimate-housemate-contest.html

I'm not sure how acurrate the list is, but, because the production team have proven themselves useless for all these years, I have a bad feeling that the list featured is pretty spot on.

It says in the article that some HM's not featured in the promo pic might re-enter, but I'm not holding my breath for them to put in real legends from years gone by.

The only person who genuinely deserves to be on that list is John McCririck (the most entertaining HM ever). Charley and Brian Belo are the only other 2 I'd allow back in, but more deserving HM's include:

Science (BB 2005)
Victor (BB 2004)
Ahmed (BB 2004)
Marcus (BB 2009)
Rex (BB 2008)
Mario (BB 2008)
Darnell (BB 2008)
Makosi (BB 2005)
Maxwell (BB 2005)
Kamal (BB 2005)
Derek (BB 2005)
Vinnie Jones (CBB 2010)

Add the above in there and you have GUARANTEED entertainment. Dull, uninteresting HM's like Siavash, Pete, Craig, 'Nasty' (boring more like, those who ever watched the show Back to Reality would have seen he didn't really do much) Nick, Brian (BB2), Michelle and Nadia are going to be a bore. They were boring before, they'll be boring again. Nikki's stupid fake tantrums were occassionally humourous, but she really wasn't the best HM and certainly not worthy to return again.

I'll wait and see who they finally let back in, but because the production/creative team on BB do a lousey job year-in, year-out, I bet even half of MY list won't make it.

And that, quite frankly, is shameful.

Mac Hiavellian
16-08-2010, 05:13 PM
It's not a fair representation of most series as you're missing BBs 1-4 from your list. The show may have changed a lot since then but they were still entertaining but just of a different calibre. And argumentative housemates don't guarantee a success, you need the humorous ones and eccentrics such as Nadia or Brian in there to create a mix.

Agree about Nikki and Nick though. Nikki's had too many BB appearances (almost more than Jade!) and Nick was entertaining for his downfall but ultimately there's been nastier

Jords
16-08-2010, 05:16 PM
You are just listing YOUR favourite TYPE of housemate, there needs to be a good selection that appeal to different people for the series to go down well.

I mean, if you liked everybody in the house you wouldnt care who was evicted and won = boring.

TheBrilliantOne
16-08-2010, 05:20 PM
You are just listing YOUR favourite TYPE of housemate, there needs to be a good selection that appeal to different people for the series to go down well.

I mean, if you liked everybody in the house you wouldnt care who was evicted and won = boring.

Actually, I never get bored of watching HM's argue. Science, Victor, Maxwell, and the rest in my list were always a pure joy to watch. They provided entertaining moments, mainly through drama. And that's what made BB great. I say 'made' because the show it is now is a shadow of itself.

TheBrilliantOne
16-08-2010, 05:24 PM
It's not a fair representation of most series as you're missing BBs 1-4 from your list. The show may have changed a lot since then but they were still entertaining but just of a different calibre.

Only the BEST housemates should return. No one from the first 2 series in particular was actually entertaining. In fact, a lot of HM's in my list come right out of BB 2005 (the best series) and you could technically just re-install pretty much all of them again and you'd be gauranteed sucess. To mix it up though, Victor from BB2004 and John McCririck should be compulsory additions.

And argumentative housemates don't guarantee a success, you need the humorous ones and eccentrics such as Nadia or Brian in there to create a mix.

Nadia and Brian were dull and boring. Apart from when Nadia argued about cigarrettes, she didn't do anything really.

Chuckyegg
16-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Never Happy

TheBrilliantOne
16-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Never Happy

Care to elaborate?

Chuckyegg
16-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Care to elaborate?

Moaners just get on my nerves a bit thats all. There are people who just concentrate on whats bad about everything and it depresses me.

For every "wasn't that great" there are 100 "that was crap" 's

elliebrew
16-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Only ONE WOMAN???? same type of housemate over and over again.... Boring

Jack_
16-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Housemates like Nadia, Brian Dowling, Michelle, Pete, Nasty Nick are only there for iconic purposes really, rather than because they offer genuine entertainment. In saying that, I never saw the series that half of them were in, so I'm not entirely sure how entertaining they are. I just know they're iconic housemates from their respective years.

TheBrilliantOne
16-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Moaners just get on my nerves a bit thats all.

I'd rather have a 'moaner' that actually points out flaws in the show in an effort to improve upon it than some dullard who doesn't give 2 hoots about whether BB is actually entertaining or not.

Me=real fan
You=non fan

TheBrilliantOne
16-08-2010, 05:56 PM

Who cares about gender? If you're entertaining, you should stay in, if you're dull, you shouldn't even be in BB.

Jack_
16-08-2010, 05:59 PM
I'd rather have a 'moaner' that actually points out flaws in the show in an effort to improve upon it than some dullard who doesn't give 2 hoots about whether BB is actually entertaining or not.

Me=real fan
You=non fan

I agree. If you don't complain - nothing can be done :thumbs:

wilful_woodpecker
16-08-2010, 06:04 PM

Me=real fan
You=non fan

what makes a show entertaining to one person isn't the same for everyone

non-stop arguments are a big turn-off to many

The other thing is - some of the potential people were on the show 5,6 maybe more years ago, and will have altered drastically, and will be housemates with different people.

How they react now maybe very very different; also they are much more media-savvay.

It could well end up just like the CBB we had earlier this year, with just the new BB winner unaware of how they are portrayed to the outside world

TheBrilliantOne
I agree. If you don't complain - nothing can be done :thumbs:

Unfortunately though mate, not enough people seem to really care about the show. If more people cared, we'd see numerous petitions around here demanding that the voting system was changed or, if that failed, there would have been an effort on behalf of voters themselves to change their voting habits, i.e. don't vote out those who actually contribute to the show!

Case in point: Jo leaving last week instead of JJ. Out of the 2, Jo provided most entertainment and was on the verge of an argument (the tension was building from what I saw on the HL show before she was actually evicted). But as usual, voters got no common sense.

Mac Hiavellian
Only the BEST housemates should return. No one from the first 2 series in particular was actually entertaining. In fact, a lot of HM's in my list come right out of BB 2005 (the best series) and you could technically just re-install pretty much all of them again and you'd be gauranteed sucess. To mix it up though, Victor from BB2004 and John McCririck should be compulsory additions.

Nadia and Brian were dull and boring. Apart from when Nadia argued about cigarrettes, she didn't do anything really.

BB6 was pretty divided. It had healthy ratings and good twists and each HM had something to offer but it was also disliked because all 16 HMs were too unpleasant or dislikeable. It's just your opinion that it's the best series just as it's your opinion the BB1 and 2 HMs were boring when actually Anna and Craig were very popular that there was only about 1% between them in the final vote, Nichola was one of BB's first big characters (had it not been for her, you wouldn't have had big characters such as Makosi), Brian was one of the funniest HMs in the show's history and remains one of the most successful, Helen and her Helenisms came before Jade and her Jadeisms plus Helen was more likeable, and (dare I say it), Stuart was probably more entertaining and nastier than Nick. The fact there were less HMs in the earlier series also means they're more likely to be sidelined in favour of more recent ones because A) there are more HMs in BB nowadays and B) they're fresher in memory.

Nadia and Brian were far from dull and boring. They were more comedy characters rather than argumentative but they still had their share with Brian Vs Josh (which inspired Daffyd 'Only Gay in the Village' Thomas of Little Britian) and Nadia during Fight Night. Their comedic moments were also legendary like how the HMs played practical jokes on Brian (in the days before Ofcom branded it bullying) by throwing rice on him, or pulling his pants down, his one liners, when he put tooth paste in Paul's bed, danced with Bubble, sacrificed his teddy bears lol. And Nadia with her 'lady garden' TV set, wearing stilletos in the shower, that rant about cigarettes, fighting Michelle for the bride's bouquet during the wedding task etc

Chuckyegg
16-08-2010, 06:05 PM

Me=real fan
You=non fan

There's 2 weeks left and no more after that. You really want to moan on about it until the very end? Show some origionality and embrace it. Think about why you are a fan in the first place.

Me = Non fan, just a viewer.
You = miseryguts.

Mac Hiavellian
16-08-2010, 06:08 PM

That's another fundamental flaw in the OP's casting. The BB8 launch got a great deal of criticism for the all female launch, having Makosi as the ONLY woman in your lineup tips the gender ratio very unbalanced.

TheBrilliantOne
16-08-2010, 06:09 PM
what makes a show entertaining to one person isn't the same for everyone

non-stop arguments are a big turn-off to many

Then why watch BB? Why not watch some boring cooking/garden show (yawn).

The other thing is - some of the potential people were on the show 5,6 maybe more years ago, and will have altered drastically, and will be housemates with different people.

How they react now maybe very very different; also they are much more media-savvay.

Whether or not the HMs of years gone by would still be entertaining is neither here nor there. The fact is that if they once proved themsleves as legendary, they should be put back in. If they fail to live up to expectations, then that is not BB's fault.

However, it IS BB's fault if they refuse to allow back in once legendary HMs. That is unforgivable to any REAL fan of the show.

TheBrilliantOne
16-08-2010, 06:10 PM
That's another fundamental flaw in the OP's casting. The BB8 launch got a great deal of criticism for the all female launch, having Makosi as the ONLY woman in your lineup tips the gender ratio very unbalanced.

Forget your politically correct quotas, I'm looking at this on MERIT, not gender.

I'm sure we have some liberal/labour supporters on here! :joker:

Mac Hiavellian
16-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Forget your politically correct quotas, I'm looking at this on MERIT, not gender.

I'm sure we have some liberal/labour supporters on here! :joker:

If you wanted BB to succed I'm sure you wouldn't want a repeat of that awful twist then. It set BB8 off as a bad series and there are plenty of other great women HMs besides Makosi

TheBrilliantOne
16-08-2010, 06:16 PM
BB6 was pretty divided. It had healthy ratings and good twists and each HM had something to offer but it was also disliked because all 16 HMs were too unpleasant or dislikeable.

Pretty much all housemates were entertaining that year. Even on night 1, there was an argument in the bedroom! Best series to date.

It's just your opinion that it's the best series

It's an informed opinion.

just as it's your opinion the BB1 and 2 HMs were boring when actually Anna and Craig were very popular that there was only about 1% between them in the final vote

That doesn't prove anything. Even only 100 voters phoning in with 51 voting one way and 49 the other leaves a 1% voting percentage between them.

Your analysis is flawed and needs revising.

Nichola was one of BB's first big characters (had it not been for her, you wouldn't have had big characters such as Makosi),

Wrong. BB 2005 had to up their game after so many boring contestants (and I'm pretty sure a big ratings dip) from the year before. BB 2005 brought all the loud, bombastic HM's in an effort to make it flourish. And flourish it did!

Nadia and Brian were far from dull and boring. They were more comedy characters rather than argumentative but they still had their share with Brian Vs Josh (which inspired Daffyd 'Only Gay in the Village' Thomas of Little Britian) and Nadia during Fight Night. Their comedic moments were also legendary like how the HMs played practical jokes on Brian (in the days before Ofcom branded it bullying) by throwing rice on him, or pulling his pants down, his one liners, when he put tooth paste in Paul's bed, danced with Bubble, sacrificed his teddy bears lol. And Nadia with her 'lady garden' TV set, wearing stilletos in the shower, that rant about cigarettes, fighting Michelle for the bride's bouquet during the wedding task etc

I'm sorry, but those 'moments' were dull. Fight Night was the exception, but Nadia's role was secondary really. Victor and Emma were the real stars of that particular episode. Plus, even before and after Fight Night, Victor and Emma were much better HMs than Nadia was.

Chuckyegg
16-08-2010, 06:17 PM
it's the fans that are dull and boring by a long shot.

TheBrilliantOne
16-08-2010, 06:24 PM
If you wanted BB to succed I'm sure you wouldn't want a repeat of that awful twist then. It set BB8 off as a bad series and there are plenty of other great women HMs besides Makosi

BB allstars is only going to run for about 2 or 3 weeks (I think). So picking the best of the best is always going to be about MERIT (like I said) rather than some politically correct quota. My list is actually the ideal recipe for entertainment.

My list=guanteed drama/arguments/entertainment
Current draft list=seemingly dull

TheBrilliantOne
16-08-2010, 06:27 PM
it's the fans that are dull and boring by a long shot.

Another pointless post.

Chuckyegg
16-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Another pointless post.

Well you're witty I'll give you that.

Mac Hiavellian
16-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Pretty much all housemates were entertaining that year. Even on night 1, there was an argument in the bedroom! Best series to date.

Yes, there was an argument on the first night, however, this does not make it the best series based on the first night alone? You do not speak on behalf of everyone when you say it’s the best series, many regard BB5 as the best and BB7 was awarded best series earlier this year. While BB6 may have been good it is not widely considered the best.

It's an informed opinion.

A very biased opinion.

That doesn't prove anything. Even only 100 voters phoning in with 51 voting one way and 49 the other leaves a 1% voting percentage between them.

Your analysis is flawed and needs revising.

But we’re not talking about 100 people, 3,539,683 voted for Craig to win. That’s a hell of a lot of votes and with only a 2% difference it proves they were both popular for their time. And again, the BB1-4 HMs were a different kind of HM to nowadays but it doesn’t mean they should be written off as ‘dull’.

I think your analysis is flawed and needs revising, Dear.

Wrong. BB 2005 had to up their game after so many boring contestants (and I'm pretty sure a big ratings dip) from the year before. BB 2005 brought all the loud, bombastic HM's in an effort to make it flourish. And flourish it did!

No. BB5 (2004) did not suffer a ratings dip, its average was 5.1 million over BB4’s 4.6 million, which that was a dip after BB3’s 5.8 million. The reason BB5 pulled in bigger characters was because BB4’s theme was ‘back to basics’ and had a noticeable lack of big characters, and it wasn’t successful. Although they were more ‘normal’ in BBs 1-3 they were still picked as potentially interesting and larger than life people e.g. Nichola and after the Natsy Nick scandal the producers purposely picked bigger characters like Brian and Helen to ‘up the ante’, and then in BB5 they started putting in people who were bound to clash (which BB4 lacked). BB6 applied this, it didn’t start it.

I'm sorry, but those 'moments' were dull. Fight Night was the exception, but Nadia's role was secondary really. Victor and Emma were the real stars of that particular episode. Plus, even before and after Fight Night, Victor and Emma were much better HMs than Nadia was.

Again, this is simply your opinion. You’re not alone in you’re opinion, but you’re speaking as if it were fact. Of course Nadia’s role was secondary compared to Victor and Emma, but she was still involved and more active than the likes of Shell.

Mac Hiavellian
16-08-2010, 06:53 PM
BB allstars is only going to run for about 2 or 3 weeks (I think). So picking the best of the best is always going to be about MERIT (like I said) rather than some politically correct quota. My list is actually the ideal recipe for entertainment.

My list=guanteed drama/arguments/entertainment
Current draft list=seemingly dull

In. Your. Opinion. ;)

Saph
16-08-2010, 07:37 PM
How come your list has all the loud aggressive male's in it? :/ thats abit biast tbh