PDA

View Full Version : The Anti-Dave Posters: Provide Proof of your Claims

TheBrilliantOne
16-08-2010, 05:51 PM
I was reading this thread earlier today: http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156006

Ok, so I had problems viewing the clip (my connection is slow today) but from the negative comments about Dave lately, I'm calling out these people to actually provide evidence for their claims.

I've heard people claim that Dave is a 'con man'.

Prove it.

I want people who say these things to either back it up or stop with the anti-Dave posts. He's an entertaining HM and if Sam doesn't win, I hope Dave does. He's 2nd most entertaining in there and deserves respect for his many golden moments in the house.

billy123
16-08-2010, 05:53 PM
There is nothing to their pathetic childish claims but they dont let that get in the way of their stupid hate filled threads most of them are just little children blindly defending crabeyes.

BJ
16-08-2010, 06:08 PM
I'm not a child and I'm not defending anyone. I've seen the vids and I've watched Daves behaviour in the house and I can't stand him. Hope the horrid man goes first on Friday

WOMBAI
16-08-2010, 06:12 PM
I have asked for proof before condeming a man who doesn't come across to me as the sort of man that would cheat sick people - and I get told I should be ashamed of myself and put on their ignore list! Sigh!

fingers
16-08-2010, 06:15 PM
All will be revealed once he is evicted and his contract comes to an end.

stoney
16-08-2010, 06:18 PM
I have asked for proof before condeming a man who doesn't come across to me as the sort of man that would cheat sick people - and I get told I should be ashamed of myself and put on their ignore list! Sigh!

but only after they claimed that you must be part of his cult which is the usual tactic:sleep:

stoney
16-08-2010, 06:20 PM

or maybe not as we all get back on with our real life

TheBrilliantOne
16-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Well guys, like I said in my OP, I'm waiting for PROOF.

If all these anti-Dave posters claim he is a 'con man' then prove it.

coolestrock
16-08-2010, 06:32 PM
ive seen many you tube videos of dave,,,,and i have to say that he makes me feel very uncomfortable with the claims he makes,,,,the guy is very creepy. Anyone making money from religion of any type is a conman or did god tell you to take money of ppl to make a living.

TheBrilliantOne
16-08-2010, 06:34 PM
ive seen many you tube videos of dave,,,,and i have to say that he makes me feel very uncomfortable with the claims he makes,,,,the guy is very creepy. Anyone making money from religion of any type is a conman or did god tell you to take money of ppl to make a living.

Prove it.

I'm sick of all these 'claims' that he's some sort of 'con man'. Prove it or quit with these anti-Dave posts. It's getting petty.

Livia
16-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Dave is no more a con man than any other "preacher".

Vicky.
16-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Yup. They are all as bad as each other to be honest.

fingers
16-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Prove it.

I'm sick of all these 'claims' that he's some sort of 'con man'. Prove it or quit with these anti-Dave posts. It's getting petty.

Mind telling us what your connection is with this Charlatan? Or did you just HAPPEN to join TiBB to ask for PROOF?

chuff me dizzy
16-08-2010, 06:40 PM
I was reading this thread earlier today: http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156006

Ok, so I had problems viewing the clip (my connection is slow today) but from the negative comments about Dave lately, I'm calling out these people to actually provide evidence for their claims.

Prove it.

I want people who say these things to either back it up or stop with the anti-Dave posts. He's an entertaining HM and if Sam doesn't win, I hope Dave does. He's 2nd most entertaining in there and deserves respect for his many golden moments in the house.
And you are ? and I want Dave to prove he has cured cancer ,and I want to Dave to prove he can grow back amputated limbs ,and I want Dave to prove he has made the deaf ,hear and i want proof that Dave has made the blind see ,YOU prove hes done all these them MAYBE,JUST MAYBE people make listen to you ,until then goodbye

TheBrilliantOne
16-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Mind telling us what your connection is with this Charlatan? Or did you just HAPPEN to join TiBB to ask for PROOF?

I've been making other threads actually.

I'm a big fan of BB and my top 2 HMs are Sam, then Dave.

There are so many anti-Dave posts but where is the evidence he is a 'con man'? Even in this thread people are giving negative comments about him yet are they posting PROOF (articles, clips, other evidence) to back them up? Nope.

So again, to everyone here, prove your claims or just give him a break. He's a great HM.

chuff me dizzy
16-08-2010, 06:41 PM

Wombaii `s phone must have been red hot today gathering in the "troops"

chuff me dizzy
16-08-2010, 06:42 PM
I've been making other threads actually.

I'm a big fan of BB and my top 2 HMs are Sam, then Dave.

There are so many anti-Dave posts but where is the evidence he is a 'con man'? Even in this thread people are giving negative comments about him yet are they posting PROOF (articles, clips, other evidence) to back them up? Nope.

So again, to everyone here, prove your claims or just give him a break. He's a great HM.

STILL waiting for YOUR proof

chuff me dizzy
16-08-2010, 06:43 PM

One difference ,a PROPER preacher/Vicar/priest does it all in a church not in his garden shed

TheBrilliantOne
16-08-2010, 06:45 PM
And you are ? and I want Dave to prove he has cured cancer ,and I want to Dave to prove he can grow back amputated limbs ,and I want Dave to prove he has made the deaf ,hear and i want proof that Dave has made the blind see ,YOU prove hes done all these them MAYBE,JUST MAYBE people make listen to you ,until then goodbye

You're not actually proving anything.

In a court of law, you'd traditionally have to bring evidence to prove a given case. If evidence wasn't brought forward, the case would be dropped. There is no case without any credible evidence.

In this particular scenario, no one seems to actually prove anything. It seems to be a lot of name-calling with no substance.

TheBrilliantOne
16-08-2010, 06:48 PM
STILL waiting for YOUR proof

Proof of what?

I'm merely asking questions.

The anti-Dave posters are making assertions.

Therefore, proof does not rest on the shoulders of the questioner, rather, the asserter.

fingers
16-08-2010, 06:49 PM
You're not actually proving anything.

In a court of law, you'd traditionally have to bring evidence to prove a given case. If evidence wasn't brought forward, the case would be dropped. There is no case without any credible evidence.

In this particular scenario, no one seems to actually prove anything. It seems to be a lot of name-calling with no substance.

Don't hold your breath, I'm sure Mr Plod will be on his case soon enough!

coolestrock
16-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Prove it.

i dont have to proove anything,,,ive seen the sick you tube videos and dave is a **** who shouldnt be allowed in the bb house talking his ****,,,,,,,,prove you can cure the blind

TheBrilliantOne
16-08-2010, 06:50 PM
**** you,,,,i dont have to proove anything,,,ive seen the sick you tube videos and dave is a **** who shouldnt be allowed in the bb house talking his ****,,,,,,,,prove you can cure the blind,,,you sick bastards,,,,,,,any of this **** ive seen is utter bull**** and dave sickens me

Still not proving anything. :joker:

TheBrilliantOne
16-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Don't hold your breath, I'm sure Mr Plod will be on his case soon enough!

Unless you're going to actually provide proof, you really have no business even making a post in this thread. I urge all members to regard your posts as spam until you can contribute properly to this thread.

coolestrock
16-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Still not proving anything. :joker:

oh well

chuff me dizzy
16-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Well guys, like I said in my OP, I'm waiting for PROOF.

If all these anti-Dave posters claim he is a 'con man' then prove it.

And I am waiting for proof from YOU

fingers
16-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Unless you're going to actually provide proof, you really have no business even making a post in this thread. I urge all members to regard your posts as spam until you can contribute properly to this thread.

Oh, My, joins 5 minutes ago and is already a Moderator! lol:joker::wavey:

chuff me dizzy
16-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Proof of what?

I'm merely asking questions.

The anti-Dave posters are making assertions.

Therefore, proof does not rest on the shoulders of the questioner, rather, the asserter.

Im waiting for proof Dave can do the things he claims he can ,and takes money for doing ,if you cannot provide that proof then Im sorry you have lost your childish tantrum

chuff me dizzy
16-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Oh, My, joins 5 minutes ago and is already a Moderator! lol:joker::wavey:

Power hungry these Daves disciples ?

psychtracker
16-08-2010, 07:06 PM
The real irony here is that, even if every single one of these outrageous claims made by these haters were proven to be correct, it would in no way vindicate their cause because they've all publicly shown themselves up to be - vile, judgmental, spineless hatemongers who all consider themselves to be judge, jury and executioner on minimal proof and evidence. Everything they claim Dave to be - as a failed human being - they're actually enacting themselves each and everyday on these boards. End of story.

WOMBAI
16-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Anyone who knows anything about the law - should know that the onus of proof is on the prosecution! If you make allegations against people - it is up to you to prove their guilt - not on them to prove their innocence!

Livia
16-08-2010, 07:59 PM
I've never understood the hate against Dave to be honest. He believes what he believes... that's it. He hasn't claimed anything that other more established religons don't also claim. Look at Lourdes, a great money-spinner for the Catholics with not much actual proof that people are cured as a result of visiting. It's not like Dave's preaching hate against other religions or saying we're all going to burn in hell if we don't follow him. There are far more odious people in the world if you're looking for a witch hunt.

watchinittoomuch
16-08-2010, 08:01 PM
I've never understood the hate against Dave to be honest. He believes what he believes... that's it. He hasn't claimed anything that other more established religons don't also claim. Look at Lourdes, a great money-spinner for the Catholics with not much actual proof that people are cured as a result of visiting. It's not like Dave's preaching hate against other religions or saying we're all going to burn in hell if we don't follow him. There are far more odious people in the world if you're looking for a witch hunt.

People just want to rant, seriously, some of 'em are enjoying it waaaay too much, it's not healthy :laugh3:

parmnion
16-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Look at all the paranoid freaks giving it large asking old worn out internet hardmen questions to a newbie..

"and you are"
"what is your association with dave"

what a sh!t forum this has ended up for the last week or two of the last bb...it's a shame...

Kazanne
16-08-2010, 08:08 PM
There are vidoes on this forum somewhere

stoney
16-08-2010, 08:19 PM

does that mean you condemn all clerics of all religions:conf:

or just the ones you dont like

chuff me dizzy
16-08-2010, 08:21 PM

You need to look at the videos

chuff me dizzy
16-08-2010, 08:22 PM
does that mean you condemn all clerics of all religions:conf:

or just the ones you dont like

He is NOT a religion ,he has nothing to do with any CHURCH he runs a CULT very different

Livia
16-08-2010, 08:23 PM
People just want to rant, seriously, some of 'em are enjoying it waaaay too much, it's not healthy :laugh3:

It's been kind of rough in here over the last 24 hours. It's been like playing Millwall. Away. And without so much witty banter.

oddballmisfitsFTW
16-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Dave is a nasty ******

he is supposed to be compassionate to people, but it is all fake bullsh**

he doesn't give a sh** about people at all

after Keeley got injured, few of them talkin about Corin carrying on

Dave said he would have carried on also and would have even broken her other ankle to make sure he won

that is not the view of a genuine follower of Jesus

he is scum of the earth

parmnion
16-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Dave is a nasty ******

he is supposed to be compassionate to people, but it is all fake bullsh**

he doesn't give a sh** about people at all

after Keeley got injured, few of them talkin about Corin carrying on

Dave said he would have carried on also and would have even broken her other ankle to make sure he won

that is not the view of a genuine follower of Jesus

he is scum of the earth

see, thats a better read than posting some pxy link to youtube.:dance:

chuff me dizzy
16-08-2010, 08:27 PM
see, thats a better read than posting some pxy link to youtube.:dance:

Them videos are REALLY bothering you arent they ?

stoney
16-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by coolestrock

He is NOT a religion ,he has nothing to do with any CHURCH he runs a CULT very different

chuff, my question was directed at the one who said that everyone that makes money out of religion is a con man?

so is every cleric of all religions, even small ones not affiliated to any church, simply a con man :conf:

parmnion
16-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Them videos are REALLY bothering you arent they ?

Not in the slightest.:nono:

watchinittoomuch
16-08-2010, 08:30 PM
It's been kind of rough in here over the last 24 hours. It's been like playing Millwall. Away. And without so much witty banter.

Less gritted teeth at Millwall too.....erm maybe not...

Incensed
16-08-2010, 08:32 PM

Prove it.

Can you prove to me he isn't? If you can show me proof of him visiting the Sun I may have a rethink. :hugesmile:

WOMBAI
16-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Can you prove to me he isn't? If you can show me proof of him visiting the Sun I may have a rethink. :hugesmile:

No - the person that makes the allegations is the one required to prove it - British law!

Incensed
16-08-2010, 08:43 PM
No - the person that makes the allegations is the one required to prove it - British law!

Ok, I'll wait until Friday when he's booted out and ask him for the proof. :joker:

chuff me dizzy
16-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Not in the slightest.:nono:

You know they are ,and i know they are

Livia
16-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Ok, I'll wait until Friday when he's booted out and ask him for the proof. :joker:

Dave is not the one making the allegations. You are. If you claim he's a charlatan you're the one that has to prove it.

I thought I'd field that one for you WOMBAI :-)

chuff me dizzy
16-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Dave is not the one making the allegations. You are. If you claim he's a charlatan you're the one that has to prove it.

He is ALLEGING he can cure cancer (for a price) he is ALLEGING he can grown back amputated limbs (again you have to cross his palm )

stoney
16-08-2010, 08:55 PM
He is ALLEGING he can cure cancer (for a price) he is ALLEGING he can grown back amputated limbs (again you have to cross his palm )

no......that is YOUR allegation about the cost element, altho still awaiting any proof that backs up your interpretation:xyxwave:

Livia
16-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Chuff me dizzy... read my footer.

chuff me dizzy
16-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Chuff me dizzy... read my footer.

Wheres the kiss my ass smilie when you need it

Incensed
16-08-2010, 08:57 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't David tell the Nation on TV that he has traveled to the Sun?

WOMBAI
16-08-2010, 08:58 PM

You do that - but chances are - you will have to wait a little longer! :joker:

chuff me dizzy
16-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't David tell the Nation on TV that he has traveled to the Sun?

He meant the "SUNBO"it is a chinese takeaway in the Rhonnda

WOMBAI
16-08-2010, 09:00 PM

Well caught!

Incensed
16-08-2010, 09:01 PM
He meant the "SUNBO"it is a chinese takeaway in the Rhonnda

:joker::joker::joker: They'll be asking you to prove it - British Law don't you know!! :joker::joker:

Incensed
16-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Well caught!

Are you for real? :joker:

Livia

So? You should hear the tales my Rabbi tells.

WOMBAI
Are you for real? :joker:

Funny that - was thinking just the same about you! :hugesmile:

Incensed
16-08-2010, 09:03 PM

Can't answer the question directly. I rest my case.

Livia
16-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Can't answer the question directly. I rest my case.

Okay, try to listen in...

Every religion tells tall stories. So he said he's been to the sun! Makes him sounds a bit daft, but it doesn't make him a charlatan. If you don't want to follow him, don't. If you want to start a 16th Century style witch hunt because you consider him a heretic, make sure you use lots of emoticons to make your point even stronger.

chuff me dizzy
16-08-2010, 09:06 PM
:joker::joker::joker: They'll be asking you to prove it - British Law don't you know!! :joker::joker:

British Law my ass !!! :joker::joker::joker: They think they can shut us up by threatening lawsuits .... idiots !!! :joker::joker::joker:

Incensed
16-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Funny that - was thinking just the same! :hugesmile:

I'm going to leave them to it WOMBAI. They of course will see that as a victory, but I sooner spend my time debating with people who can give me a straight answer to the question ' Did Dave say on National TV that he had travelled to the sun' Apparently, according to one reply, I should be listening to Rabbi's. :joker:

chuff me dizzy
16-08-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm going to leave them to it WOMBAI. They of course will see that as a victory, but I sooner spend my time debating with people who can give me a straight answer to the question ' Did Dave say on National TV that he had travelled to the sun' Apparently, according to one reply, I should be listening to Rabbi's. :joker:

is it clocking off time already ?

Livia
16-08-2010, 09:10 PM

The minute you start to debate, someone will debate with you.

I answered your "straight question".

I didn't say you should be listening to Rabbis, I said that my Rabbi ALSO tells tall tales, making the connection that all religions tell unbelievable stories. It's the nature of the beast.

Incensed
16-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Okay, try to listen in...

Every religion tells tall stories. So he said he's been to the sun! Makes him sounds a bit daft, but it doesn't make him a charlatan. If you don't want to follow him, don't. If you want to start a 16th Century style witch hunt because you consider him a heretic, make sure you use lots of emoticons to make your point even stronger.

Well you got that right. :joker: (ooops, sorry I used an emoticon)

stoney
16-08-2010, 09:11 PM

I think he did, altho i cant remember the exact conversation to see whether it was one of those out of body experiences type visit.

i dont believe him tho just like I dont believe a lot of religious tales, as someone alluded to about his rabii

Does not make him a con man tho does it:conf:

quid pro quo........Did John say that he doesn't care about winning the show or what the public think:conf:

I like this game:joker:

Incensed
16-08-2010, 09:13 PM
The minute you start to debate, someone will debate with you.

I answered your "straight question".

I didn't say you should be listening to Rabbis, I said that my Rabbi ALSO tells tall tales, making the connection that all religions tell unbelievable stories. It's the nature of the beast.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you said, and I quote:

So, how can I hear the tales your Rabbi tells if I don't listen?

flamingGalah!
16-08-2010, 09:14 PM
The real irony here is that, even if every single one of these outrageous claims made by these haters were proven to be correct, it would in no way vindicate their cause because they've all publicly shown themselves up to be - vile, judgmental, spineless hatemongers who all consider themselves to be judge, jury and executioner on minimal proof and evidence. Everything they claim Dave to be - as a failed human being - they're actually enacting themselves each and everyday on these boards. End of story.

Charming. What on earth does that make you then? Someone that openly agrees with a man that cons cancer victims... :nono:

I can sleep easy at night, can you...

Livia
16-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you said, and I quote:

So, how can I hear the tales your Rabbi tells if I don't listen?

I was keeping it light by using a figure of speech to illustrate that all religions tell ridiculous stories. I thought you wanted a debate. I see now you're just being obtuse.

BB_Eye
16-08-2010, 09:20 PM

That isn't fair

Incensed
16-08-2010, 09:26 PM
I was keeping it light by using a figure of speech to illustrate that all religions tell ridiculous stories. I thought you wanted a debate. I see now you're just being obtuse.

Well it would be easier to debate opposing views if one didn't use rhetorical language maybe?

WOMBAI
16-08-2010, 09:27 PM
British Law my ass !!! :joker::joker::joker: They think they can shut us up by threatening lawsuits .... idiots !!! :joker::joker::joker:

Lawsuits - where did that come from - noone mentioned lawsuits! :pat:

Livia
16-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Well it would be easier to debate opposing views if one didn't use rhetorical language maybe?

We're not debating opposing views. You're being argumentative and trying to point-score for some kind of perceived victory. One was using rhetoric on the premise that you would understand that. I normally don't have to explain myself when I debate with someone who has a point.

I don't care to continue this tit-for-tat childishness with you.

housemate
16-08-2010, 09:35 PM
How does the OP think that the likes of Koresh, Jones or countless other Cult leaders managed to keep their groups going? The whole point of a Cults stucture is to appear harmless! They are not foolish enough to declare their accounts, methods and/or means of recruiting/funding etc.. although Dave does seem to be a looser cannon than most!
Look at Koresh, it took them years to pin any wrongdoing on him, in the end it came down to the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms to finally dig out a criminal offence!!
Is the OP suggesting that Koresh, Jones etc etc were just 'good ol boys' .. harmless untill they became responsible for mass atrocities ... equally, does the OP believe that the Families, who suffered the ostracism from their (now proven to be) financially exploited then slaughtered loved ones, would refute the cynanism and despair expessed toward Crowther and Dave?

chuff me dizzy
16-08-2010, 09:42 PM
How does the OP think that the likes of Koresh, Jones or countless other Cult leaders managed to keep their groups going? The whole point of a Cults stucture is to appear harmless! They are not foolish enough to declare their accounts, methods and/or means of recruiting/funding etc.. although Dave does seem to be a looser cannon than most!
Look at Koresh, it took them years to pin any wrongdoing on him, in the end it came down to the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms to finally dig out a criminal offence!!
Is the OP suggesting that Koresh, Jones etc etc were just 'good ol boys' .. harmless untill they became responsible for mass atrocities ... equally, does the OP believe that the Families, who suffered the ostracism from their (now proven to be) financially exploited then slaughtered loved ones, would refute the cynanism and despair expessed toward Crowther and Dave?

Well said ,i have been trying to think of the other charlatans name all day ,he had blood on his hands and when the brown sticky stuff hit the whirly thing he killed dozens to cover up his wrong-doings ,sheer evil,IF Dave and his mob wanted to be "Born again Christians"as the claim they are (looks better on the CV than "cult leader") why not just nip along to any PROPER church on a Sunday morning where i am sure they would be made welcome

WOMBAI
16-08-2010, 09:50 PM

To compare Dave to Jones or Koresh is just unnecessary scaremongering!

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Dave is anything of the kind! Just more wild assumptions based on a few vids that, as most accept, are wide open to interpretation! The expression about mountains and molehills comes to mind! Sigh!

If these were medieval times - poor Dave would have been burned at the stake by now, without a trial, and simply based on some wild accusations from a few hysterical old women - with their own agendas!

parmnion
16-08-2010, 09:51 PM
the women in this thread need to tuck their gussets in, their flaps are showing.

stonedape
16-08-2010, 10:04 PM

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Dave is anything of the kind! Just more wild assumptions based on a few vids that, as most accept, are wide open to interpretation! The expression about mountains and molehills comes to mind! Sigh!

If these were medieval times - poor Dave would have been burned at the stake by now, without a trial, and simply based on some wild accusations from a few hysterical old women - with their own agendas!

100% right on your first point, 50% right on your second point, 0% right on your third! :thumbs:

As despicable as his "con man" behavior is, claiming to heal amputees etc, pretending like this is uncommon in Christian circles is willfully naive.

Angus
16-08-2010, 10:05 PM

So that would apply to all clergy from the Pope and Archbishop of Canterbury downwards I suppose?:rolleyes:

housemate
16-08-2010, 10:05 PM

..Koresh and Jones were defended in much the same way, using much the same arguments in their day.
Hysterical Old Woman? ... I'm younger than Dave and most definatly not hysterical. My 'agenda' is keeping my fingers crossed for Sam ... as explained to you earlier, I have a lot of money on Dave staying in this Friday ... my new Camera, bought from winnings will compensate me handsomly for the dissapointment ... if I lose my stake I consider it a fair price for the satisfaction.

calyman
16-08-2010, 10:07 PM

Well any practioner of superstition can be accussed of being called a con man.

stonedape
16-08-2010, 10:09 PM

Right. I'd only call Dave a con man if we're going to be so broad that all clergy are con men. Which they are, knowingly or unknowingly.

Incensed
16-08-2010, 10:09 PM
We're not debating opposing views. You're being argumentative and trying to point-score for some kind of perceived victory. One was using rhetoric on the premise that you would understand that. I normally don't have to explain myself when I debate with someone who has a point.

I don't care to continue this tit-for-tat childishness with you.

Thank the Lord. Glory. :joker:

chuff me dizzy
16-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Right. I'd only call Dave a con man if we're going to be so broad that all clergy are con men. Which they are, knowingly or unknowingly.

"Clergy" wtf has Dave got to do with the "Clergy"he is NOT clergy ,you or i could set up a cult ,he has nothing whatsoever to do with the COE ,or any other legit religion ,its a business,nothing more,nothing less

Incensed
16-08-2010, 10:15 PM
the women in this thread need to tuck their gussets in, their flaps are showing.

Just how old are you?

Livia
16-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Thank the Lord. Glory. :joker:

Took you over an hour to come up with that crushing reply. And it wasn't worth the wait. Now... off you go to my 'ignore' list. Or as I like to call it, P Wing.

BB_Eye

Good thing Christianity isn't a superstition. Dave's beliefs are.

stonedape
"Clergy" wtf has Dave got to do with the "Clergy"he is NOT clergy ,you or i could set up a cult ,he has nothing whatsoever to do with the COE ,or any other legit religion ,its a business,nothing more,nothing less

Uhh....someone didn't get my point. :crazy: I wasn't making any statement on whether Dave is a part of the clergy, I was saying if you're going to call Dave a con man, you have to call the clergy con men too. And all people who sell myths for a living, and that includes Christianity in all its versions.

ElProximo
16-08-2010, 10:18 PM

Fingers, will the media 'censor' be lifted at that time?

I was wondering if you can tell us how C4 keeps the other media from reporting David's actual source of income.

Also wondering how you know about this and maybe you can explain why you are forbidden by C4 to report your information?
Did they contact you and make you sign a contract?

Feel free to explain a little more about this 'media censorship' thing and David?

Incensed
16-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Took you over an hour to come up with that crushing reply. And it wasn't worth the wait. Now... off you go to my 'ignore' list. Or as I like to call it, P Wing.

Because I've just been watching the HL show and not sat here waiting for a reply like you obviously have. :joker:

housemate
16-08-2010, 10:19 PM

Absolutly Agree .. he is a self appointed minister with no grounding, training or learning in any Faith or Body. We are all able (legally) to do this ... morally speaking, well thats another question.

calyman
16-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Any irrational or faith based beliefs qualify as being superstitious purely on the basis that there is no real scientific basis behind them. Therefore any practioner of any such beliefs are indeed charlatans, however well meaning they may try to convince the rest of us they are.

If proof is required, then it's the charlatan who must prove to all, that they deserve our credulity and acceptance of their claims. In the absence of such prood, they are just flim flam artists, promising nothing but Pie In The Sky When We Die.

parmnion
Just how old are you?

old enough to realise a flap showing when I see one.

Livia

Dave's beliefs aren't any less valid because he believes something different to you. He believes Jesus died on the cross for the salvation of mankind and that God loves everyone. Sounds pretty Christian to me.

I think all religions are superstition that have been used over the centuries to control the masses with the promise of an afterlife. Unfounded, unproven, made up of stories written thousands years ago and almost totally debunked by science. Personal point of view, obviously.

stoney
16-08-2010, 10:28 PM
was it Marx that said that religion is the opium of the masses?

chuff me dizzy
16-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Uhh....someone didn't get my point. :crazy: I wasn't making any statement on whether Dave is a part of the clergy, I was saying if you're going to call Dave a con man, you have to call the clergy con men too. And all people who sell myths for a living, and that includes Christianity in all its versions.

You are STILL linking him to the clergy

Incensed
16-08-2010, 10:31 PM
old enough to realise a flap showing when I see one.

But let's be honest, you really let yourself down if you if the only way you can express yourself is by using comments like this. Actually, you're more to be pitied than scorned.

And yes, I know, I'm going on your ignore list.

stonedape
16-08-2010, 10:32 PM
And if you guys want to see a real cult of business that's sole intent is hijacking doctrine and taking your money, look up Scientology. I can guarantee you won't find a practicing Scientologist in a Big Brother house on this planet. Or on Youtube outside of heavily edited advertisements. Dave's group are just "alternative" Christians that don't fit in with the "mainstream". They make money off people, the formal church makes more money, they say crazy things, the formal church says crazy things. Not seeing a big difference besides aesthetics and familiarity.

parmnion
16-08-2010, 10:32 PM
But let's be honest, you really let yourself down if you if the only way you can express yourself is by using comments like this. Actually, you're more to be pitied than scorned.

And yes, I know, I'm going on your ignore list.

Once i find something worthy of my expression you'll be first to know.:wavey:

Livia
16-08-2010, 10:34 PM
was it Marx that said that religion is the opium of the masses?

Yes it was. Although I'm not sure whether it was Groucho or Harpo :-)

Incensed
16-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Once i find something worthy of my expression you'll be first to know.:wavey:

I look forward to it. :wavey:

parmnion
16-08-2010, 10:41 PM
I look forward to it. :wavey:

I might not let you look.:whistle:

BB_Eye
16-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Any irrational or faith based beliefs qualify as being superstitious purely on the basis that there is no real scientific basis behind them. Therefore any practioner of any such beliefs are indeed charlatans, however well meaning they may try to convince the rest of us they are.

Of course you're going to look at it as a superstition if that's what you think. The natural sciences (to which I believe you are alluding) can't answer all of man's question. You forget philosophy is a science and in no way incompatible with the natural sciences.

If proof is required, then it's the charlatan who must prove to all, that they deserve our credulity and acceptance of their claims. In the absence of such proof, they are just flim flam artists, promising nothing but Pie In The Sky When We Die.Dave is a charlatan because he works for and enables an organisation that claims it can 'rehabilitate' homosexuals to lead intimate relationships with the opposite sex and that it can literally use supernatural powers to cure cancer. That is superstitious, irrational and anti-scientific and, more to the point, is a rotten, cynical lie.

Incensed
16-08-2010, 10:47 PM
I might not let you look.:whistle:

Promises, promises. :joker:

housemate
16-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Dave's beliefs aren't any less valid because he believes something different to you. He believes Jesus died on the cross for the salvation of mankind and that God loves everyone. Sounds pretty Christian to me.

I think all religions are superstition that have been used over the centuries to control the masses with the promise of an afterlife. Unfounded, unproven, made up of stories written thousands years ago and almost totally debunked by science. Personal point of view, obviously.

And many agree with you, to a degree and I am an (..allbeit unbaptised) Christian.. I agree with you.
Dave seems to have invented his own branch of Faith which has introduced lots of supersticious beings such as fairies, werewolves and the like into its teaching. This does offend me because he incorporates it all under the same banner of 'Christian Faith' and 'Gods Glory'... etc.. etc..
I can understand that you might argue that in your view it is the same thing ... in my view it is most certainly not. I'd go further and say it brings my beliefs into disrepute... it also thoroughly undermines the good, faith can bring to those who need it.

calyman
16-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Of course you're going to look at it as a superstition if that's what you think. The natural sciences (to which I believe you are alluding) can't answer all of man's question. You forget philosophy is a science and in no way incompatible with the natural sciences.

Dave is a charlatan because he works for and enables an organisation that claims it can 'rehabilitate' homosexuals to lead intimate relationships with the opposite sex and that it can literally use supernatural powers to cure cancer. That is superstitious, irrational and anti-scientific and, more to the point, is a rotten, cynical lie.

Philosophy is not a specifically scientific way of rationalising evidence and data, It is actually the scientific approach which deals with establishing scientific facts.

Philosophy can take a scientific approach, or a spiritual, religious or other superstitious approach and reach vastly different conclusions. That is why there are so many varied forms of philosophic disciplines. None of which can unarguably state that truth has been established.

Only scientific analysis can say, after much rigorous testing and dealing with all reasonable criticism, whether a truth has been established or not.

"Man's questions" do not necessarily come up with definitive solutions, but what they can expose is the sham of easy solutions, superstition being one of them.

Most Judaic belief systems espouse something not dissimilair to that which Dave claims he can do, all that proves is the shamanic role that some practioners try to make the rest of us believe they have. It still all comes down to flim flam in the end.

Livia
16-08-2010, 11:04 PM
And many agree with you, to a degree and I am an (..allbeit unbaptised) Christian.. I agree with you.
Dave seems to have invented his own branch of Faith which has introduced lots of supersticious beings such as fairies, werewolves and the like into its teaching. This does offend me because he incorporates it all under the same banner of 'Christian Faith' and 'Gods Glory'... etc.. etc..
I can understand that you might argue that in your view it is the same thing ... in my view it is most certainly not. I'd go further and say it brings my beliefs into disrepute... it also thoroughly undermines the good, faith can bring to those who need it.

I do understand what you mean. Thing is, I don't have a problem with anyone believing anything they feel drawn to if they have faith in it. If we start to say that people can follow the main Christian religions, but not the offshoots of it, then we surely have to look at all religions and see whether they are worthy of being allowed followers. And who's going to say what's right and what's wrong? What's worthy and what's not?

If Dave has invented his own branch of faith, then he's following in the footsteps of many other people. The Christian church is younger than my own religion (the one I was born into) by about three thousand years. The Church of England is barely five hundred years old and was itself once a new branch of Christianity devised so someone could get a divorce that the Catholic church wouldn't give him. That doesn't make Christianity invalid in my eyes. Live and let live, I reckon, and let people follow the faith they choose.

stonedape
16-08-2010, 11:11 PM
You are STILL linking him to the clergy

Which is not remotely the same as calling them identical things. And as I've already said, your point doesn't even have any relevance to the conversation. My point would stand regardless of whether or not anyone would call Dave clergy. As far as I'm concerned, that's a petty political matter. If you're going to consider Dave a conman, you must consider ALL myth salesmen as con men, and that includes the clergy.

housemate
16-08-2010, 11:20 PM
I do understand what you mean. Thing is, I don't have a problem with anyone believing anything they feel drawn to if they have faith in it. If we start to say that people can follow the main Christian religions, but not the offshoots of it, then we surely have to look at all religions and see whether they are worthy of being allowed followers. And who's going to say what's right and what's wrong? What's worthy and what's not?

If Dave has invented his own branch of faith, then he's following in the footsteps of many other people. The Christian church is younger than my own religion (the one I was born into) by about three thousand years. The Church of England is barely five hundred years old and was itself once a new branch of Christianity devised so someone could get a divorce that the Catholic church wouldn't give him. That doesn't make Christianity invalid in my eyes. Live and let live, I reckon, and let people follow the faith they choose.

Right .. totally agree except that he has gone in there under the guise of being a preacher ... not an individual.
I find it offensive to see and hear him fly in the face (lying, scheming and being entirely vile about his 'friends) of the teachings and morals he reads everyday, and which he claims he believes in ..and this sometimes just moments after waving his Bible around.
I don't give a flying fig what his belief system is, good luck to him but why should he feel free to mock the people who belong to the Christian Faith ,who also read those passages and regard them WITH some reverance?
Its totally wrong of him in my opinion.

Livia
16-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Right .. totally agree except that he has gone in there under the guise of being a preacher ... not an individual.
I find it offensive to see and hear him fly in the face (lying, scheming and being entirely vile about his 'friends) of the teachings and morals he reads everyday, and which he claims he believes in ..and this sometimes just moments after waving his Bible around.
I don't give a flying fig what his belief system is, good luck to him but why should he feel free to mock the people who belong to the Christian Faith ,who also read those passages and regard them WITH some reverance?
Its totally wrong of him in my opinion.

Yeah, I can see you could find that offensive. However, religious freedom is a right that goes back to the Magna Carta, and it's a right that is upheld in this country now more than ever. I wonder what Jesus would make of him?

Anyway... I'm off to bed. It's been nice, and interesting, to talk to you.

Jamietwo
16-08-2010, 11:33 PM
anyone making claims that they can cure cancer is problematic for several reasons...mainly it messes with the feelings of the sufferer and thier families...I had a freind that worked in a centre for terminaly ill children, and delusional mad 'healers' were an occupational hazard, the ONLY effect these types had was to mess witht the heads of the children and thier families, ultimately causing a lot of stress. I'm not talking about the quietly done spiritual healing where no claims are made, but the religious fevour Dave types, these people can become quite aggresive if the familiy tell them they are not needed any more telling the familiy they are responsible for killing the child, or if (as always) no healing occurs, that it is the fault of the sufferer or family for not having faith etc. ..... this is not just a case of all religions claiming unbelievable stuff , most relions do not claim to cure cancer, it is highly unethical and damaging.

housemate
16-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Night night xx I enjoyed hearing your points too, thanks

housemate
16-08-2010, 11:41 PM
anyone making claims that they can cure cancer is problematic for several reasons...mainly it messes with the feelings of the sufferer and thier families...I had a freind that worked in a centre for terminaly ill children, and delusional mad 'healers' were an occupational hazard, the ONLY effect these types had was to mess witht the heads of the children and thier families, ultimately causing a lot of stress. I'm not talking about the quietly done spiritual healing where no claims are made, but the religious fevour Dave types, these people can become quite aggresive if the familiy tell them they are not needed any more telling the familiy they are responsible for killing the child, or if (as always) no healing occurs, that it is the fault of the sufferer or family for not having faith etc. ..... this is not just a case of all religions claiming unbelievable stuff , most relions do not claim to cure cancer, it is highly unethical and damaging.

My sister died of throat cancer five years ago .. it was horrific , we fell into the catagory of being desperate enough to try anything .. I'm just so thankfull that I didn't encounter the kind of experiance you describe.. her death nearly killed me, I don't think I would have been strong enough to overcome somebody telling me that she had died because of me.

chuff me dizzy
16-08-2010, 11:46 PM
My sister died of throat cancer five years ago .. it was horrific , we fell into the catagory of being desperate enough to try anything .. I'm just so thankfull that I didn't encounter the kind of experiance you describe.. her death nearly killed me, I don't think I would have been strong enough to overcome somebody telling me that she had died because of me.

When that horrid word is said to you ,you would do ANYTHING to live ,people like Dave take advantage of this and make money from it ,it is wrong and he and people like him need outing

jools
17-08-2010, 12:56 AM
My late father was a vicar,and I can not ever think of him as a con man,as he truely believed in his work.The "church",that my parents later became involved in,were,in my eyes,the true con men.They ruled us with fear,and took our money,and caused devastation in our family.Several years after my parents left that church,my father died of cancer,and we were told by the leaders of the bad church,that it was gods punishment for our having left,that was preety hard to take.

champagne.charlie
17-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Dave's cult members or his wife? are now starting to delete the youtube videos which expose him as a nasty conman.

Please watch them NOW if you haven't already seen them.

Below is a link to the now infamous video of Dave pretending to be wheelchair bound and being wheeled around a town centre 'blessing' people for cash donations. He's then seen standing and walking around, laughing loudly with his followers about how much easier it is to get plently (60 in one begging session!) of donations by using the wheelchair for sympathy.

Then he tells his followers to buy second hand wheelchairs on ebay to use them for the same purpose. He says he's now got 3 wheelchairs himself. Then he mocks some Muslims for having their photo taken with him, and laughs about a man who had a bad foot but who said he felt better after Dave blessed him!

Watch now before the clip gets deleted, or you will hardly believe what this guy is really like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBkgdKiSzx0
If the link doesn't work, please cut and paste into your browser, or search for Dave Vaughan on Youtube. (There are still other bad films about him).

Let me know what you think.

Livia
17-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Dave's cult members or his wife? are now starting to delete the youtube videos which expose him as a nasty conman.... etc. etc. etc.

You're spamming now. This was the title post in your other thread.

chuff me dizzy
17-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Dave's cult members or his wife? are now starting to delete the youtube videos which expose him as a nasty conman.

Please watch them NOW if you haven't already seen them.

Below is a link to the now infamous video of Dave pretending to be wheelchair bound and being wheeled around a town centre 'blessing' people for cash donations. He's then seen standing and walking around, laughing loudly with his followers about how much easier it is to get plently (60 in one begging session!) of donations by using the wheelchair for sympathy.

Then he tells his followers to buy second hand wheelchairs on ebay to use them for the same purpose. He says he's now got 3 wheelchairs himself. Then he mocks some Muslims for having their photo taken with him, and laughs about a man who had a bad foot but who said he felt better after Dave blessed him!

Watch now before the clip gets deleted, or you will hardly believe what this guy is really like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBkgdKiSzx0
If the link doesn't work, please cut and paste into your browser, or search for Dave Vaughan on Youtube. (There are still other bad films about him).

Let me know what you think.
His mates/disciples/Fellow mobsters look like they are on a day out from Wormwood Scrubs ,hardly Preists are they ? what a set of crooks ,PLEASE all send links to these videos to EVERY newspaper in the UK, out and STOP THIS CONNING OF INNOCENT PEOPLE ONCE AND FOR ALL