PDA

View Full Version : The Davina McCaw task could have been so much better

brian3
16-08-2010, 10:12 PM
A very good idea. Done badly

Jordan.
16-08-2010, 10:13 PM
I thought it was a good task but i didnt get the point in it, Did they get a party or anything?

The food task in the DR was great though.

stonedape
16-08-2010, 10:15 PM
It shouldn't have been a task in the first place, it should have been an extension of the house like the ToT. I thought it was great just too short...but I guess having a bird around that tells your secrets constantly would discourage people from getting juicy.

crocs
16-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Was the word "prisoners"? I thought they were going to reveal something about them being prisoners for a while and not being able to do the stuff they regularly do. What a disappointment! But nicely done with the edit of their reactions. However, since there were cuts and "special effects", it made me wonder how real the reactions were. False, Big Brother was false! (I seem to be getting as bored as the housemates now and I at least have a TV programme to watch.)

ElProximo
16-08-2010, 10:28 PM
A very good idea. Done badly

It was a great clever idea and it did serve it's purpose perfectly when it was used.

In another topic a running theory was something like this:
Either a Housemate or possibly some viewers complained that this was violating the very premise and rules of BB by giving 'contestants' unfair advantage or disadvantage in the game.
If you really think about it they could have a legitimate complaint in the context of a for-money contest or in the sense of 'gambling' implications etc.

The other observation made (and I think this explains it) but this is the kind of stunt that works once.
Ife's secret conversation is loudly broadcast and JJ becomes outrages,
but,
After that Ife learns she better not say anything controversial.
JJ realizes that the next time it will be 'evened out' by having some of HIS private convos repeated to everyone.
Now everyone else realizes that they too better not say any kind of controversial comments or THEY will be the next ones getting it repeated!

So you see - the thing really is a clever idea but it can't work in BB. :(

Raph
16-08-2010, 10:33 PM
I liked the task, was quite funny actually :hugesmile:

wilful_woodpecker
16-08-2010, 10:39 PM
I only know they got to win something cos I saw it on the BB site yesterday

and what was the point of the word "prisoners"?

Not enough time was spent on the 2 tasks/challenges in the HL show - then we have to see inane ball-throwing and conversations about Josie being a man 5 years ago ...

Stacey.
16-08-2010, 10:42 PM
It was good, only it seemed to last like no time.

Fuzzylogic
It shouldn't have been a task in the first place, it should have been an extension of the house like the ToT. I thought it was great just too short...but I guess having a bird around that tells your secrets constantly would discourage people from getting juicy.

That's the problem with it, if it got overused people would stop saying stuff.

I think before it got used in front of everyone they should have used it in conjuction with the ToT. iw the ToT would say to someone "Oi, if you want to hear what {housemate} has been saing about you, go up to Davina Mccaw now while no one else is around and she'll tell you a secret...but tell anyone who you got this information and you will feel the full wrath of the tree"

brian3
I love the way JJ2 was trying to stall things by saying he could not remember the things he had said about Corin. Then when it was Sams turn. He just told jj2 to his face what he had said.

guigy
16-08-2010, 10:50 PM
I love the way JJ2 was trying to stall things by saying he could not remember the things he had said about Corin. Then when it was Sams turn. He just told jj2 to his face what he had said.

To be fair though he did keep saying to Skippy that it wasn't the word False
he'd said

Skippy :yuk:

InOne
16-08-2010, 10:54 PM
They did a task like this in CBB this year as well.

Pink Pegasus
16-08-2010, 10:55 PM
I think Davina McCaw could have worked well if, say after week 2 or 3, exactly half the housemates[after winning a task ] were brought into the diary room and told they had an ally in the house in the form of the parrot, who would let them know what the other housemates were saying about them.
BB could solemnly swear etc. that they were they only housemates who were privy to this knowledge from the parrot, and that the parrot could never be used against them.
They would not be allowed to let the other half of the housemates know anything about what they get told of the parrot.

Then......bring the other half of housemates to diary room at some stage [under the pretence of talking to them about losing the task], and actually just tell them exactly the same things that they told the other housemates about the parrot, and about them not being able to tell the other housemates etc.

This way everybody would still feel safe enough to bitch about whoever they wanted, as they would all mistakenly believe that the parrot could never be used against them.
Everyone would get to hear all the nasty things being said behind their back, but would not be allowed to tell the person that they know what they said.

It would cause so much tension, paranoia, and it would be funny seeing everyone trying to remain calm and acting like they didn't know about what people were saying about them. [They would of course be able to talk to members on their team about it if they wished]

Towards the end of the show, if people on the same "team" were bitching about each other, BB could bring an individual in and in reward for winning a task or something, could offer them the chance "on this one occasion only" to get Davina McCaw to tell them what people on their team had being saying about them.
Of course would secretly do this with every individual, not just one housemate, but they are not to know that.He He..
This may make the housemate lose trust in BB and become wary, but it would be near end of show then so it wouldn't matter too much.

Would be interesting to see who would crack first, and just explode with temper and blab all about the parrot!
I think they would keep it going a long time though, because everyone would love the feeling of being one of the winning housemates with the "inside knowledge":joker:

Sammi_Who
16-08-2010, 11:28 PM
If the JJ2 comment was one he said to josie about Corin...that would have been awesome.

JJ2 says Corin is not his WHAT..of tea? Answer CUP! :p

Dave could have been really found out in this task as a backstabbing little s*it! Its disappointing BB went with a comment about Sam for him, no one would care. Especially Sam! :(

More ruthless comments next time Davina MCCaw. She's too nice imo. :mad:

Mac Hiavellian
16-08-2010, 11:43 PM

Very true. I liked when it was used but it could have been more frequent like the Tree. Both of them and (the now forgotten) Bob Righter were deliberate ways for producers to stir up some sh!t though

Chuckyegg
16-08-2010, 11:47 PM
if it was incredible - some people would still be unimpressed

rosebay11
16-08-2010, 11:51 PM
As far as I know, the reward was a Thai meal for everybody.