PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone applying for Big Brother 4?

James
20-07-2002, 04:16 PM
Anyone here applying?

I'm just wondering what the reasons people have for going on the show.

I wouldn't apply in a million years and I'd probably try and talk anyone I knew out of applying.

:spin2:

Mairi
20-07-2002, 04:18 PM
Somehow, I don't think there will be as many people applying for next year's BB, James!

Who, in their right minds, would fancy living on chick peas and lentils for weeks at a time?

:spin2::spin2::spin2:

Romantic Old Bird
20-07-2002, 06:09 PM
I'm sure there will be even more than this year Miriam. There seems to be a never ending stream of people who want to subject themselves to the reality TV experience.

Or even a serial reality TV experience, like the odious PJ (will someone tell me why this odious little self serving prig was treated like a hero all week by someone as normally discerning as Dermot?) or Tim 'Comm-pron-day' Culley?

Because if they don't get on BB there's model behaviour, shipwrecked, the Villa, heartbreak island or whatever it is, Eden, and no doubt countless others.

Sticks
20-07-2002, 07:36 PM
Should one of us apply ?

since we know how housemates are perceived, we would be in an ideal position to advise the others how not to make fools of themselves and steer them away from the pit traps set by Endemol UK / Channel 4

Hang on it was me speaking like this that got me press ganged into applying for BB3

(Can someone else do it next year)

Personally I hope that BB3 is the last - the way things have gone this year

Romantic Old Bird
20-07-2002, 07:41 PM
Sticks, who press ganged you? Not me!

Why shouldn't you have another go anyway?

Worth a try I'd say.

Glitter_babe
20-07-2002, 07:47 PM
Or even a serial reality TV experience, like the odious PJ (will someone tell me why this odious little self serving prig was treated like a hero all week by someone as normally discerning as Dermot?) or Tim 'Comm-pron-day' Culley?

On the subject of PJ, i didn't mind him, I thought he was alright, but I have a small question (I've only just got back from holiday, where there is little BB information, only the Mirror) : he's in OK magazine, and I haven't read the whole article, cos I was standing flicking in the newsagents, but they asked him a question about Kate, and he said had he known she'd fancied him, he would have asked her out and she would have said yes.

Eh??? When did Kate fancy PJ and PJ fancy Kate? Did I miss something??

I also thought it was quite funny on RISE tuther morning when they were reading a quote from PJ saying Spencer said he and Kate had joined the feed the goat club (again, what??) and Spencer's head shot round to look at Pj - he looked quite scared of Spanky!

Anyway, I digress.

One last point - did you all really dislike Tim in the last week?? Because I was desparate for Alex to go (weasel!) I thought the "Comprendez" moment was one of the funniest of the series - he was hysterical (all be it inadvertantly). Anyway, I felt sorry for Tim, he got a lot of grief he didn't deserve, and handled the booing very well.

Mairi
20-07-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Glitter_babe
When did Kate fancy PJ and PJ fancy Kate? Did I miss something??

At PJ's eviction, Davina showed him a clip of Kate saying that she liked Spencer but that, in real life, she would probably go for someone more like PJ.

:wavey:

Glitter_babe
20-07-2002, 07:55 PM
Sorry, i forgot the point of my reply. I was going to say I wouldn't apply if you paid me (though my brother now has his heart set on applying!), but anyone who wants to feel free - it could be an unmissable experience, and you might 'discover yourselves'. (apologies for the sarcasm, the people on this series haven't been that bad!)

Glitter_babe
20-07-2002, 07:57 PM
At PJ's eviction, Davina showed him a clip of Kate saying that she liked Spencer but that, in real life, she would probably go for someone more like PJ.

Ah, thanks! I only saw bits of PJ's eviction, as we were huddled round a crackling holiday telly. I did think that he handled the Jade questions well.