PDA

View Full Version : Is Teen Big Brother worth a watch?

Patrick
28-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Well?

What was it like?

Was it good or sh*t?
Was there any fit brids in there? Was the house any good?
Tell me some stuff about it please?

I may watch CBB3 in winter to continue from watching BB5 in May lol

Or I may watch TBB, I'm going to try and watch BB1-4 too so I can say I've watched all the series and be like proud LOL
So yes what was Teen Big Brother like then?

Who presented it and that?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0c/Teen_Big_Brother_UK_logo.png

Mac Hiavellian
29-08-2010, 12:07 AM
It was okay but could have been so much better. Still worth a watch in a way, just to see how different it was.

It was presented by Dermot and filmed just a week after BB4 ended and lasted 10 days, but it was aired over 5 consecutive nights in November. The winner's prize was a holiday with another HM of their choice rather than prize money.

It had the BB4 house - so yeah, quite nice I suppose. It was the first time BB only used 1 bedroom as the other room was turned in to their eviction decision room.

The HMs were livelier than the BB4 bunch but they were incredibly childish even for 18 year olds, so still weren't great.

Because it was pre-recorded the HMs had to evict eachother and choose the winner themselves so I think it was similar to BB US. And they didn't get proper eviction interviews, not even Dermot interviewed them, they just spoke directly in to a camera outside the house.

Basically BB:CH is kinda what TBB should have been.

ILoveTRW
29-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Dermot was the presenter, it was a bit boring but it was only 5 episodes.

Mac Hiavellian
29-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Oh and it was the first time BB UK ever had sex but it's not a big deal. They were 2 annoying little squirts under a duvet in the middle of the room and they didn't really like each other and regreted it as soon as it happened.

And there was NO alcohol throughout the series.

Mac Hiavellian
29-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Dermot was the presenter, it was a bit boring but it was only 5 episodes.

Exactly, only 5 episodes won't hurt.

I remember at the time the kids my age were excited about it and thought it was better than CBB2 and they hoped they'd be eligible to audition for a TBB2 but in retrospect it's probably on a par with CBB2. Both series had potential to be good but both lacked a certain something so having 3 bad series in a row (CBB2, BB4 and TBB) made it seem like BB was dying a death there and then, but then BB5 came along :D

Patrick
29-08-2010, 12:36 AM
I can imagine how it would of seemed like BB was dieing slowly back then yeah and then BB5 comes on and BANG the new era begun LOL

Thanks guys, it sounds alright might give it a watch :D

I'd love to watch it now but I'll just wait until after UBB I suppose :joker:

Mac Hiavellian
29-08-2010, 12:43 AM
I can imagine how it would of seemed like BB was dieing slowly back then yeah and then BB5 comes on and BANG the new era begun LOL

Thanks guys, it sounds alright might give it a watch :D

I'd love to watch it now but I'll just wait until after UBB I suppose :joker:

Oh get it over and done with now LOL. You'd rather have UBB be fresher in your head than TBB, but do still watch it :)

Patrick
29-08-2010, 01:44 AM
Oh get it over and done with now LOL. You'd rather have UBB be fresher in your head than TBB, but do still watch it :)

Good point actually :joker:

MrGaryy
29-08-2010, 03:06 AM
Worth a watch I guess, the housemates are actually alright, not that likable but entertaining. There was only about one task which was really dull. Dermot was good though.

For five episodes you may as well watch it to say you have. You can watch it in a day or two.

Mac Hiavellian
29-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Oh dear. I looked at Wikipedia and Inside BB, and it doesn't say what the ratings for TBB were so I did a little research via Digital Spy and it really was the least watched series at that point.

Episode 1, aired Monday Oct 13th 2003 - 2.5 million
Episode 2, aired Tuesday Oct 14th 2003 - 2.8 million
Episode 3 (the sex episode), aired Wednesday Oct 15th 2003 - 1.9 million
Episode 4, aired Thursday Oct 16th 2003 - 2.4 million
Episode 5, aired Friday Oct 17th 2003 - N/A

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a11998/wife-swap-hits-7-million-peak.html

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a12011/portillo-a-hit-teen-sex-a-miss.html

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a12014/superstars-makes-solid-start.html

I wonder how much the finale got. The ratings were higher than BB:CH's reported 0.7 million but that's probably because of CH being exlcusive to E4 and CBB5/BB8's bad rep

daniel-lewis-1985
01-11-2010, 05:03 PM
I allways feel bitter talking about this as i came so ****ing close to being on it but i have to say i thought it was really good. Lots of arguments and the contestants wernt fame hungry as in the auditions we were told that it was only going to be shown in schools and in the mornings to teach kids so we were all going for it for the experience not fame. It was a social experiment, But because of the adult content and the fact it turned out very entertaining it was made prime time.

Defo worth a watch.

fizzybee
22-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Where can you even watch the earlier series (BB1-BB4) anyway?