PDA

View Full Version : BB7 producers said to be 'hunting a born-again Christian'

James
05-02-2006, 03:57 PM
According to the Mail on Sunday...

Wanted: A Christian soldier to stirup Big Brother 7

THE makers of Big Brother are hunting a born- again Christian for the next series in a bid to provoke fresh controversy on the reality television show.

Their attempts to lure a committed Christian have been criticised by religious leaders who fear such a contestant could be victimised by housemates.

The show’s producers have targeted ‘ a few born- again Christian groups’, as well as placing advertisements in Christian newspapers and magazines in their search for contestants.

It is the first time in the show’s seven- year history that Christians have been deliberately targeted.

Last night a spokesman for Endemol UK, the independent production company which makes the Channel 4 programme, said: ‘ There is nothing dark about this. We have placed the ads in the religious Press to cast the net as widely as possible. We want to ensure that we are being representative of the British public. We are trying to be more inclusive.’

She could not name a Muslim or Asian magazine where advertisements had also been placed, however.

Religious leaders fear a committed Christian contestant could be an easy target for ruthlessly ambitious housemates who could victimise them because of their strongly held beliefs.

Rev David Phillips, General Secretary of the Church Society, warned: ‘ In this sort of setting, you’re going to find you’re on the back foot. There is too much scope for it backfiring and the Christian being ridiculed.’ And Rev David Banting, chairman of Reform, an evangelical group, said: ‘ One thing is certain – it is hardly likely to promote the cause of Christian understanding.’

The first auditions for the new series of Big Brother attracted more than 1,000 hopefuls in Glasgow yesterday. They continue in Inverness today.

Mail on Sunday (http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk)

cc100
05-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Theyve already had a Christian in Cameron.

Surely the producers should be going into the auditions with an open mind?

darmitage48
08-02-2006, 07:27 PM
christian who likes girls and not a virgin

cc100
08-02-2006, 07:56 PM
Would other faiths be singled out and targeted in this way?

I doubt it.

It seems to be ok to victimise Christians.

krissybabe06
31-03-2006, 05:52 PM
hehe im a christian and im not a virgin but i am an angel hehe

Corkie
31-03-2006, 06:00 PM
no offence but this topic was posted a month ago so theres no need t bring it up now but i do like to see you keen on being on tibb but it is annoying when you think it new new but its old

krissybabe06
31-03-2006, 06:57 PM
em excuse me? dont talk to me like that! i seen something to chat about and i added a reply!¬ and for your info the christianity rumours of big brother only started about a week ago that they were looking for 1 so if anything we should stil be able to chat about it.... but o i almost forgot it obviously isnt a free country to chat about something on a forum with you around!

EugeneSully
31-03-2006, 07:05 PM
I'll referee this one.

krissybabe06
31-03-2006, 07:26 PM
referee what eugene?

Corkie
31-03-2006, 08:54 PM
corkie confused i wasnt critcrising you in anyway what so ever and you say it started a week ago but this topic was started 5th feb that nearly two months ago

and you said " but o i almost forgot it obviously isnt a free country to chat about something on a forum with you around!" i dont get that how cant you chat with me around im just letting you know that some people dont like old topics being brung up after two months with no one replying

anyway weclome to the forum and i hope you have fun here :puzzled:

krissybabe06
31-03-2006, 09:34 PM
o right sorry darling......
so get it taken off then!!!

aw thanks darling, and dont take to heart what i said before i didnt mean itx things what people say to each other can mean different things and people sometimes take them the wrong wayxxx
sorryx

heya aww thanks darlin:thumbs: yeah im sure it should be lots of funx:tongue:

krissybabe06
31-03-2006, 09:35 PM
you see im just new to this forum and only joined yesterday so im pretty bad at learning when posts were first made and things like that LOL"!!!!
i suppose i'll learnx

Corkie
31-03-2006, 10:40 PM
eh doesnt matter and you live in my city as well geordie land

krissybabe06
31-03-2006, 10:43 PM
aw thanks for forgiving me hehe:hello:
yer im in geordie land hehe lol

Kore
01-04-2006, 09:42 AM
im a skeptic if im gonna be honest.

i dont think jesus ever walked on water etc.

how about you lot?

(i believe in an afterlife tho.. and ghosts)

Kore
01-04-2006, 09:44 AM
welcome to the forum krissybabe :D hope ya stay with us for bb7!

are ya??:bigsmile::thumbs::thumbs:

krissybabe06
01-04-2006, 09:44 AM
aw no i totally believe in god, and i do believe theres a god watching down on you at all times. So that good things happen, im quite spiritual and do believe in afterlife and things like that there is definately something on the other side!

krissybabe06
01-04-2006, 09:45 AM
heyhey aww thanks kore, arent you lovely, what a fab welcome how are youxxx

o god yeah i'll stay for bb7!!! course i will (not when it's on tv tho)!!! LOL i wudnt miss the celebration of bb7 course i wudnt lolxxxx

you alrightxx

Kore
01-04-2006, 09:46 AM
yeah i believe on the otherside aswell.

but what is god? a man or like.. a cloud of dust..lol:puzzled:

EDIT: yeah im great thx :) looking forward to bb7 now :spin2:

krissybabe06
01-04-2006, 09:50 AM
me too theres definately something like!

i think god is somebody who makes good things happen, he perhaps looks like an angel or sunlight - something like that.... ive never met him like LOL, i think he just belongs in heaven and looks like an angel or a ghost or something like that!

krissybabe06
01-04-2006, 09:51 AM
im sika waiting for b7 now mind ya LOL im ripping my hair out waiting and waiting :mad:

Kore
01-04-2006, 09:52 AM
i reckon god is a bottle of lucozade.. jk ..lol

i dno i think christianity is all about believing and no proof.

gimme video evidence of jesus walking on water and ill believe it :laugh::laugh:

i noticed you geordies say 'like' after sentences like us welsh..lol.:laugh::thumbs:

krissybabe06
01-04-2006, 09:54 AM
lol a bottle of lucozade ! :bawling: (eesh shame on u taking mick out of god) lol

i think christianity does mean believing and sometimes people can prove they believe in god by being little angels and not betraying him in any way. im an angel of corse hehehehe LOL

hmmm i duno rly lol

just their values and beliefs i suppose makes people see they are christians

krissybabe06
01-04-2006, 09:55 AM
lol u taking the mick outa my geordie accent like ? lol

Kore
01-04-2006, 09:58 AM
nah i love the geordie accent its my fave !

no we say 'like' after sentences aswell..like :spin:

krissybabe06
01-04-2006, 10:11 AM
lol i say here man a lot aswel LOL