PDA

View Full Version : Beckhams pay for girl to walk again

WILDCHILD
22-07-2002, 07:59 PM
Read this:

Beckhams pay for artificial legs for amputee

David and Victoria Beckham have paid for a Nottingham teenager to be fitted with artificial legs so she can walk again.

Seventeen-year-old Lisa Brown had her legs amputated after contracting meningitis earlier this year.

A spokeswoman for the Beckhams said they had been delighted to help her.

She said: "Someone wrote to the Beckhams on Lisa's behalf and they decided to help, but they have decided not to make any comment on the matter - that is private."

Doctors had to amputate Lisa's legs in May to save her life.

Lisa, of Chilwell, Nottingham, was today receiving more treatment in hospital and was unavailable for comment.

************************************************** ************************************************** ****

It is so refreshing to see celebrites do stuff like this, when they help others in need and contribute to charities.
This is such a nice thing to hear.
:spin2:

Janette
22-07-2002, 08:18 PM
Why does that not suprise me at all?

David and Victoria Beckham are a lovely couple with a beautiful son and hopefully a fit and healthy baby on the way. They probably count their blessings every day, and I'm delighted that they choose to spend their money on more than parties and holidays!

Something of a lesson for other rich people who take the general public for granted!

WILDCHILD
22-07-2002, 08:22 PM
I've never had a problem with the Beckhams.
It is not very often you see them at al the celeb parties getting drunk and receiving all the freebies, they are very much family orientated.
I agree Janette, they are a lovely couple and this tops it.:flower: