PDA

View Full Version : New slots for 'Big Brother' this summer

Arneldo
10-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Channel 4 is intending to be more "tactical" with its scheduling of Big Brother this summer to fend off a host of rival reality shows on ITV.

ITV is attempting to challenge C4's traditional BB-led dominance of the crucial 16-34 age demographic with the likes of Celebrity Love Island, Soccer Idol and Celebrity Pop Idol.

In return, Channel 4 is extending the length of BB to "at least" thirteen weeks and will move the show from its traditional 10pm home to different slots around the primetime schedule.

"ITV went for us last year with Love Island but I don't know that they thought it was a marvellous success," Kevin Lygo, C4's director of television, told Broadcast. "This year they'll throw Coronation Street all over the place too."

BB-Rocks
10-02-2006, 04:42 PM
I wonder what time they will put it on at .. celeb love island wasn't a success anyway because i heard for the final only 2 million viewers tuned in to watch it

Arneldo
10-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by BB-Rocks
I wonder what time they will put it on at .. celeb love island wasn't a success anyway because i heard for the final only 2 million viewers tuned in to watch it

CLI was a Huge hit.
And it beat BB6 in the rateing while it was on air.

BigSister
10-02-2006, 05:02 PM
They should just keep it at 9pm like CBB was

Arneldo
10-02-2006, 05:10 PM
Yeah 9pm was good with BBBM at 10pm.

BB-Rocks
10-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by bb4eva
Originally posted by BB-Rocks

CLI was a Huge hit.
And it beat BB6 in the rateing while it was on air.

Really!? The radio talks so much crap nowadays

BB-Rocks
10-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by BigSister
They should just keep it at 9pm like CBB was

I like it at 10, means when i come in at night i can watch it

James
10-02-2006, 05:35 PM
It's better at its usual 10 pm slot. I forget it is on when it is at 9. This ratings war could be very annoying.

TV calls up its top guns in the war for viewers

ITV chiefs have called up big guns Robbie Williams, Simon Cowell and Ant and Dec to blitz Big Brother 7 this summer.

Network bosses plan British telly’s most cut-throat reality ratings battle ever – using more than 30 celebs on three top shows.

The gloves are off as Channel 4 and ITV1 fight to grab young viewers and an ITV1 executive warned last night: “We’re taking no prisoners.”

C4 fired the first shots by announcing plans to extend BB7 by a fortnight – to 13 weeks – and move it from 10pm to prime time.

But ITV aims to blow BB, hosted by Davina McCall, 38, out of the water by putting on three major shows head-to-head. It promises to be a sizzling summer for viewers, with the World Cup to look forward to as well. ITV believes BB will struggle to compete with Celebrity Love Island, hosted by Denise Van Outen, 31, and Soccer Idol, which will feature Robbie Williams, 31.

There’ll also be Celebrity Pop Idol, with Ant and Dec, both 30 and, US commitments allowing, Simon Cowell, 46. Celebrity Pop Idol will see top name showbiz stars competing in a talent-singing contest. And Soccer Idol will see stars battling it out on the football pitch.

Shock

A senior ITV source said: “Channel 4 has had it all its own way with Big Brother in previous years – it isn’t going to happen again.

“We have plans to target Big Brother this summer and reckon we have the shows to blow it away.

“Channel 4 only has Big Brother and it’s in for a nasty shock.

“Summer 2006 is going to be very, very, different from the past few years.”

But C4 bosses are confident that BB7 will be a smash, following the success of Celebrity BB, won by Chantelle Houghton, 22.

C4’s director of television Kevin Lygo said: “I don’t want to give too much away but ITV won’t have it all its own way. We aim to be more tactical.

“ITV will no doubt have plans to target shows against us and move Coronation Street around, but we’re confident.”

From the www.dailystar.co.uk]Daily (http:[url) Star[/url].

BigSister
10-02-2006, 05:39 PM
I think ill like Soccor Idol and Celebrity pop idol so I dont want them on at same time as BB7:rolleyes:

Pipergun
10-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Its a pity, what happened to enjoying good quality TV programmes?

Now, all the television companies are concearned about is beating all of the others in the ratings wars. They all seem to have forgotten that viewers tune in to watch shows for enjoyment, not to be annoyed when they find out that many of their favourite shows occur at the same time.

It's a shame that channels seem to have forgotten this. :rolleyes:

texbex
10-02-2006, 06:09 PM
wots socca idol

Pipergun
10-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Not exactly sure, Bex. But it'll obviously be based on football. :wink:

I'm sure if they've signed Robbie, then it's bound to be a huge hit! :thumbs: Although I'm not too sure about it myself. :puzzled:

BigSister
10-02-2006, 06:29 PM
yeah im not sure what it will mean myself but if it has football in it and BB isnt on count me in

cc100
10-02-2006, 08:14 PM
It doesent really matter what time BBs. We can just record one of these shows.

Razmataz
15-02-2006, 08:32 AM
I guess, we could work out whether its a 9/10 start, there is such a thing as A tv magazine you know.!

Corkie
15-02-2006, 01:49 PM
well thats a bit anyoing but none of the three show appeal to moi but i do like corrie but i just tape it