PDA

View Full Version : Series Seven - Change of Prize

Jords
04-09-2010, 05:16 AM
I was looking to find out if there was any news when series six this year starts but still no info, just that it begins sometime in Autumn. Oh and that the contestants refer to him as Lord Sugar rather than Sir Alan now. ;)

From Wiki on Series Seven:

In late April 2010, applications for series seven to be aired in 2011. BBC Lord Alan Sugar has announced a change to the prize for the 2011 series of The Apprentice.

The seventh run of the BBC reality show will offer budding entrepreneurs a £250,000 investment from Sugar in the business of their choice. Sugar previously offered winners the chance to work for one of his firms.

Whoever triumphs in the boardroom can decide which sort of business they want to run and then Lord Sugar will provide a financial injection and personal expertise in running the new company. Sugar and the winner will be joint owners, with each taking a 50% interest.

"In the past years I was searching for a candidate to employ, now I am looking for a business partner," said the multi-millionaire. "The good news is they won't have to put any money into the new company, I will.

"With an injection of £250,000 of value into this start up company, this is an amazing opportunity for someone who will choose the type of business it will be. I will be looking for a person with some expertise who can demonstrate they have a good understanding of all facets of business, so as to take this venture to another level."

Next year's series will feature 16 contestants competing over 12 weeks, with advisers Nick Hewer and Karren Brady overseeing the applicants during the challenges.

Not sure if the prize is just for 2011 or if its continued on providing the show isnt axed.

King Gizzard
04-09-2010, 05:22 AM
So much better. Didn't Yasmin just end up heading some 'signs for hospitals/surgerys' business he had? The most boring-job-ever. She must of wish she just kept with her restaurant.