PDA

View Full Version : Award for Davina

Kaz
24-07-2002, 10:13 AM
(Story from Ananova)

Volunteering award for Davina

Davina McCall has been given an award for her charity work.

The TV star is only the second person to be awarded an Honorary MV by the Millennium Volunteers, a programme set up by the Government.

She follows Prince William to receive an award for her contribution to charity events including Comic Relief and Breast Cancer Awareness. Prince William received the first one last year for his volunteer work in Chile.

Millennium Volunteers encourages young people to undertake 200 hours of volunteering a year, in order to receive an MV Award of Excellence signed by the Secretary of State for Education and Skills.

Davina, who is patron of Focus Counselling Services was selected for the award after an overwhelming vote by the Millennium Volunteers National Youth Forum.

"I'm absolutely delighted to be given this award," she said. "It's been a joy being the patron of FOCUS. As it's such a small charity all the fundraising we've done has made such a big difference.

"Thanks to MV for this recognition. I'll make sure I keep it up."

Celebrities including radio DJ Trevor Nelson, comedian Nick Hancock and Boyzone's Stephen Gately support the Millennium Volunteers programme.

People wishing to take part can call the MV information line on 0800 085 1624 or access the website www.mvonline.gov.uk
Congratulations to Davina. :hello: :colour: :hello:

What a lovely, caring lady she is. :love:

WILDCHILD
24-07-2002, 10:21 AM
Go Davina!!:elephant::hello::elephant::hello::elephan t::hello::elephant::hello::elephant:
Shes the best!:thumbs::spin2::thumbs:

Amy
24-07-2002, 10:33 AM
Well done Davina :hello: She's done well :thumbs:

mcginn
24-07-2002, 10:35 AM
divina is one of the best on tv with out a dout :thumbs:

:bouncy: :spin: :bouncy: