PDA

View Full Version : 7 days: Ratings flop?

daniel-lewis-1985
30-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Im interested to know how this show is doing in the ratings. I think the 1st episode got 1.7 million with plus 1 but does anyone know what last nights episode got?

Jayson
30-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Well it's ****ing terrible so probably about 1m.

Jordan.
30-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Not sure but i cant see it increasing, i wacthed 10 mins of the first ep and turned off.

Mystic Mock
30-09-2010, 06:38 PM
probably 1.2 million.

daniel-lewis-1985
30-09-2010, 06:50 PM
According to digital spy it got under 1 million including +1. SHOCKING! But its an awful show. They really should have more updates on the website and clips so the audience can follow them. To many characters for an hour long show makes it hard to follow.

Omen
30-09-2010, 06:52 PM
That Malcolm is such a poseur.

Jack_
30-09-2010, 06:58 PM
People aren't giving it a chance, if you ask me. After one episode you're hardly going to know the characters, are you? It's like Big Brother in the sense that it doesn't pick up until about three weeks in. Then again, the way the first episode was put together didn't help things. We were just thrown in at the deep end - no narration, no background story, nothing. It was pretty difficult to understand what was going on, considering we knew nothing about these people.

Last night's episode was far better though, and I actually enjoyed it. I think it's a great idea, personally. And as I said last week after the first episode, once we had seen the the second episode and what the characters made of the 'feedback', it would be a lot better. And I was right. I loved seeing them all talking about the comments people had made and people's reaction to the show. It's...odd. And I also think it's great how they're including comments the characters make slating the show itself [i.e when that guy was saying the editing was not very good] - they'd never show that on a BB Highlights show, would they?

So that's why the ratings are low...people, sadly and oddly, aren't willing to give it a chance and the first episode wasn't put together very well. Not to mention that it hasn't even been three weeks yet since Channel 4 got rid of the biggest reality TV show of all time - so springing a new one onto their network is not the brightest of moves.

Oh - and as someone in this thread said, I think there should be more updates throughout the week [maybe some E4 'extra' show a couple of times a week].

Angus
30-09-2010, 07:14 PM
It's an appalling programme, a real embarrassment. The characters are unsympathetic and quite frankly the sort of people you would go out of your way to avoid. Most of them are pretentious, over-privileged a*seholes, their conversations are inane and their lives boring beyond belief. What made anyone think that viewers would be interested in what any of these awful people do or say? I will definitely not be watching any more of such crap.

Jack_
30-09-2010, 07:24 PM
The characters are unsympathetic and quite frankly the sort of people you would go out of your way to avoid. Most of them are pretentious, over-privileged a*seholes

Pretty much like Big Brother then. It's what you just said that made Big Brother a great programme, and will probably make Seven Days one too.

That 'Ben' guy who featured last night was an arrogant twat, but my God he made for quality TV. And those two girls, Samantha and Laura [I think they're called], arguing with some stranger in a cafe when she rudely butted into their conversation. :joker:

Joe.
30-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Turned off after 15 mintues on ep 1, such a boring programme. Sent me asleep

Angus
30-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Pretty much like Big Brother then. It's what you just said that made Big Brother a great programme, and will probably make Seven Days one too.

That 'Ben' guy who featured last night was an arrogant twat, but my God he made for quality TV. And those two girls, Samantha and Laura [I think they're called], arguing with some stranger in a cafe when she rudely butted into their conversation. :joker:

I didn't realise how interesting my own life was until I forced myself to sit through this abysmal programme in order "to give it a chance". Well that's two hours of my life I won't get back, and I won't be watching again. I have absolutely no interest in any of the characters and cannot imagine why the programme makers thought their tedious lives would make good television. At least in BB the producers could intervene with tasks, twists, editing etc- none of which is possible with these terminably dull twats, the likes of which most of us do our best to avoid on a day to day basis!

BringItOn
30-09-2010, 10:08 PM
I only watch Coach Trip on C4 now.
C4 needs to shake up a lot because its going down and the ratings have decreased for them since BB departed from our screens (apart from This Is England which gets about 3m i think)

Mystic Mock
30-09-2010, 10:54 PM
I only watch Coach Trip on C4 now.
C4 needs to shake up a lot because its going down and the ratings have decreased for them since BB departed from our screens (apart from This Is England which gets about 3m i think)

that this is englands acting looks like a bunch of *******.

daniel-lewis-1985
01-10-2010, 11:52 AM
that this is englands acting looks like a bunch of *******.

Ths is England is an amazing show

BB_Eye
01-10-2010, 11:59 AM
I haven't seen it, but heard about it. Even Private Eye, who normally criticise reality TV for being cruel and degrading, described it as 'tame'.