PDA

View Full Version : Housemates could have a nervous breakdown

WILDCHILD
24-07-2002, 03:48 PM
Story from Ananova:

Housemates could face nervous breakdown, says psychiatrist

Big Brother housemates risk serious mental illness as a result of the pressures of the reality TV show, a psychiatrist has warned.

Dr Raj Persaud said producers of the Channel 4 show were putting contestants' psychological welfare in danger.

And he says that sooner or later a housemate will have a breakdown either during the show or once they have left.

Dr Persaud is a consultant psychiatrist at the Maudsley Hospital in London.

He adds that being shut up in the camera-filled house could harm potentially vulnerable housemates.

"Sooner or later someone in the house will have a breakdown either during the show or once they have left," he told the London Evening Standard.

"At what price do you buy ratings?"

************************************************** ************************************************** ****
One day, it could well happen.
Last year they were worried about Pauls mental stae and had to call in a psychiatrist:paul:
The housemates put into the Big Brother house are put under so much pressure, I really would not be surprised if they had a nervous breakdown, more so when coming out of the house because it is such an initial change to how they have been living, coming out to all that attention.:shocked::dance::shocked:

Amy
24-07-2002, 03:57 PM
With all the emotions the housemates have to go through i can see that a breakdown could be on the cards :shocked: There is no form of escape everything you do is watched by someone and if your trapped with 12 people you don't get on with at all then this could happen! Lets hope the people they see after the show check them out properly :wavey:

Oldgit
24-07-2002, 08:29 PM
I am worrying particularly about Jonny lately. He seems to need the booze too much now, earlier he was very funny without it!

WILDCHILD
24-07-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Oldgit
I am worrying particularly about Jonny lately. He seems to need the booze too much now, earlier he was very funny without it!
Likewise Oldgit - I too am getting quite concerned with Jonny.
He is analysing every thing he is doing too mcuh. He said that himself in the Diary Room tonight and he is petrified about going out. He is having sleepness nights because of it. I just hope that when he enters the house, a winner or not and see all the cheers for him, he will be lifted and it will cheer him up and bring back the old Jonny!:thumbs::colour::thumbs:

steve_o
24-07-2002, 10:13 PM
I always got the feeling that most of them this year were slightly unhinged to begin with and carrying to much baggage anyway. So if anything they'd probably be not that much difference outside. Trouble is if there is, it will always be blamed on their bb experience , yet other people have come through with flying colours and just got on with it. Funnily enough instead of showbiz agents queing up this year it might to be shrinks and lawers I think.:devil::conf::thumbs:

:spin: