PDA

View Full Version : Steps Break Up

Mark
26-12-2001, 06:17 PM
Tragedy - Steps split

Steps have announced they have split up.

The five member group, who have sold more than 12 million records, announced the decision to go their separate ways in a statement.

The band, who sold out 120 UK arenas, were recently presented with a commemorative disc by Sir Tim Rice to celebrate their entry into the top 100 acts of all time.

In the statement, Faye, Claire, Lisa, H and Lee said: "After five incredible years, we have decided it's time to move on to new challenges.

"We have always said that when the time came, we would leave as good friends and go out while we were on top, as although we are very sad, that's what we have done.

"We are looking forward to making our next plans but for now we just want to send our heartfelt thanks and love to all the people who have supported us - you truly are the best fans in the world."

<<Artivle from Ananova and AOL>>
------------------------------------------
Are there any steps fans on the board?
Im not - but my sister is!
What are your views on the break up?

Mark:frosty:

WILDCHILD2K1
26-12-2001, 10:09 PM
I think Steps are great - I got their album for Christmas cos their music is fun and lively. I think they have split at the right time; I think they will be respected a lot more now!
A bit sad tho, I went to them in concert in Birmingham and they were brilliant. Howver, I dont know what they will belike going solo; I think they were good as a group, we'll have to wait and see!:hello::laugh:

Janette
30-12-2001, 08:53 PM
I'm going to be very cynical and say how timely the split is, what with all the calendars sold now and the pay per view concert paid for and their greatest hits cd sold to millions etc.....
They've made a fair few bob this christmas and now they say they've had enough!!!!!:nono:

Saph
30-07-2009, 06:59 PM
god how old is this post?

Ross
30-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by SaphLiike
god how old is this post?
Nearly as old as your face will be if you keep bumping old topics.

.... I'm kidding.

Mrluvaluva
30-07-2009, 08:40 PM
When did this happen? :bawling:

Nicky.
30-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Are you serious? :bawling:

Josh, how are we going to survive?!?!?! :bawling:

Jayson
30-07-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm devastated TBH.

Ninastar