PDA

View Full Version : Kind of hoping non of my favourites win ...

tate
05-11-2010, 04:29 PM
As above really

This year I am loving Matt and Aiden but I kind of hope they will come in 2nd and 3rd with someone else becoming Simon Cowell's tired old pop puppet

Why? Well, Aiden and Matt, I dont believe, would wish to record the type of 'pop' that Simon Cowell and company would force them to. I feel that their individuality would be compromised by winning and that they stand a much better chance of being successful if they could get themselves signed elsewhere to embrace who they are, what they want to do and have more creative input into their music. X Factor and public support have given them a great showcase

I like Rebecca's voice and would love to listen to a bluesy album by her (again, dont think she would get this as a show winner)

Unfortunately the winners have to tow the line for at least 1 year (or until their 1st album has bombed or done well) and I just cannot see how Simon Cowell and co. would deal with an artist who maybe sits outside of the 'pop' market

Z
05-11-2010, 05:14 PM
I dunno, I think Alexandra Burke's pretty happy with what she's doing, and she's doing very well for herself - I think it seems to be more the case that winners who've done badly haven't really had much of an idea what they want from a career, rather than being forced into doing something they don't want to do - they just get lumped with samey boring dross because the person recording it is samey boring dross. The material is only as good as the winner.

Mystic Mock
05-11-2010, 05:16 PM
I dunno, I think Alexandra Burke's pretty happy with what she's doing, and she's doing very well for herself - I think it seems to be more the case that winners who've done badly haven't really had much of an idea what they want from a career, rather than being forced into doing something they don't want to do - they just get lumped with samey boring dross because the person recording it is samey boring dross. The material is only as good as the winner.

joe was very talented yet they gave him a cheesy pop song when that style isnt in trend at the moment.

fancydressmasks
05-11-2010, 09:59 PM
As above really

This year I am loving Matt and Aiden but I kind of hope they will come in 2nd and 3rd with someone else becoming Simon Cowell's tired old pop puppet

Why? Well, Aiden and Matt, I dont believe, would wish to record the type of 'pop' that Simon Cowell and company would force them to. I feel that their individuality would be compromised by winning and that they stand a much better chance of being successful if they could get themselves signed elsewhere to embrace who they are, what they want to do and have more creative input into their music. X Factor and public support have given them a great showcase

I like Rebecca's voice and would love to listen to a bluesy album by her (again, dont think she would get this as a show winner)

Unfortunately the winners have to tow the line for at least 1 year (or until their 1st album has bombed or done well) and I just cannot see how Simon Cowell and co. would deal with an artist who maybe sits outside of the 'pop' market

I agree completely. I love Aiden but I would hate it if he won. I mean, of course I'd like to see him in the competition for a long time, but I do not want to see him win.

The thing is, this is a show which is supposedly looking for 'The X Factor', that thing that makes them different, yet every year they crown someone winner, stamp out any individuality they had to begin with, then give them the same kind of bland, mediocre material they give to every other winner every other year. The whole thing about finding someone with 'The X Factor' is a load of crap in my opinion.

If Aiden, or Matt or Cher for example, were to win, I have no doubts that Simon Cowell and co. would completely ruin them.

Mystic Mock
05-11-2010, 10:19 PM
I agree completely. I love Aiden but I would hate it if he won. I mean, of course I'd like to see him in the competition for a long time, but I do not want to see him win.

The thing is, this is a show which is supposedly looking for 'The X Factor', that thing that makes them different, yet every year they crown someone winner, stamp out any individuality they had to begin with, then give them the same kind of bland, mediocre material they give to every other winner every other year. The whole thing about finding someone with 'The X Factor' is a load of crap in my opinion.

If Aiden, or Matt or Cher for example, were to win, I have no doubts that Simon Cowell and co. would completely ruin them.

i dont think aiden or cher will win as they are splitting people down the middle at the moment.

fancydressmasks
05-11-2010, 10:58 PM
i dont think aiden or cher will win as they are splitting people down the middle at the moment.

Oh no, I don't think they'll win, I'm just saying if they did. Out of the 3 I mentioned, Matt's the only one who could win, I think. I think Rebecca's probably the best winner - she is different but I feel like they could work with her individuality. With Aiden, Matt or Cher (especially Aiden) they'd just stamp it out.

tate
06-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Oh no, I don't think they'll win, I'm just saying if they did. Out of the 3 I mentioned, Matt's the only one who could win, I think. I think Rebecca's probably the best winner - she is different but I feel like they could work with her individuality. With Aiden, Matt or Cher (especially Aiden) they'd just stamp it out.

I agree about Rebecca, she has something they could work with although the cheesy pop vein is not right for her but I do think they would match material to her voice in her case. I think she would be a worthy winner and would love to hear a blusey inspired album from her at some point

nanaimo
06-11-2010, 09:17 AM
As above really

Good post and i agree, they will not let rebecca do a bluesy album, they will make her do some leona "overated" lewis type thing and will wait a year to publice the x factor, if aiden won they would try and make a smiley pop star out of him, run aiden run now and matt who does not fit the x factor mold should get out now and go get a record contract from the right company to allow him to continue in his own style.

fruit_cake
06-11-2010, 09:36 AM
once they've won the x-factor its all downhill from there anyway, with only a few exceptions IMO

tate
06-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Good post and i agree, they will not let rebecca do a bluesy album, they will make her do some leona "overated" lewis type thing and will wait a year to publice the x factor

I wonder if they will still do this given that the X Factor is rumoured not to be returning until early 2012 due to the stupid American version taking precedence ... it would mean the winner waiting OVER a year to release their 1st album which could be suicide