PDA

View Full Version : Aiden Grimshaw Realised what it is about Aiden I dont like..

Jords
06-11-2010, 07:26 PM
other than him acting a twat when the judges talk to him (them stupid faces) and that hideous haircut, its his actual voice! Its got a horrible tone which I find really annoying, couldnt put my finger on it until now. Gah get him out this week plz.

Vicky.
06-11-2010, 07:27 PM
No. :p

Patrick
06-11-2010, 07:28 PM
This.

Aiden was outstanding in the first week, now he's a disgrace and should of went last week instead of the fit one from Belle Amie.

King Gizzard
06-11-2010, 07:28 PM
He is not going anywhere

Vicky.
06-11-2010, 07:29 PM
This.

Aiden was outstanding in the first week, now he's a disgrace and should of went last week instead of the fit one from Belle Amie.

LOL. I thought last week he was great too.

The only song I didnt like of his was jealous guy, which still wasnt as bad as anything Belle Amie did. they should have put 'the fit one' through as a solo artist. the others dragged her down :/

Callum
06-11-2010, 07:45 PM
I think he'll be out soon

StGeorge
06-11-2010, 08:23 PM
other than him acting a twat when the judges talk to him (them stupid faces) and that hideous haircut, its his actual voice! Its got a horrible tone which I find really annoying, couldnt put my finger on it until now. Gah get him out this week plz.

My Father is blind and so he cannot see the performances but has to rely on the singing, and he says Aiden sounds too tinny. I think he is right.

Jamietwo
07-11-2010, 12:06 AM
yeah aiden is like the auditory version of the smell of dog poo

Zippy
07-11-2010, 12:11 AM
I liked him tonight but his voice is not one I'd want to listen to a whole album of. Don't like his attitude much either. He seems to crave credibility and coolness but he's on the Xfactor ffs. Take that route and you really give up your rights to being an ubercool, credible artist.

patsylimerick
07-11-2010, 12:54 AM
I think we often err on the side of the phenomenally judgemental when it comes to X Factor. Over 100 years ago, Tin Pan Alley was a music factory; complete with (early version) PR gurus; the Beatles US invasion was carefully orchestrated; there was a virtual army charged with creating the phenomenon of Elvis. Mind you, busking on a London side street, he would have been a superstar. My point is, Aiden should not be condemned for aspiring to individuality, and that aspiration should not be completely discarded because of the platform he chose. It's about the smartest platform around. It might work.

Kerry
07-11-2010, 12:58 AM
He looks like a suicidal, gurning, shaky 80's throwback

Zippy
07-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Aiden should not be condemned for aspiring to individuality, and that aspiration should not be completely discarded because of the platform he chose. It's about the smartest platform around. It might work.

Its the smartest if you crave instant fame and commercial success.

But if you crave musical integrity and respect then no it isn't. XF is a commercial factory and your product will always have its brand name stamped on it.

patsylimerick
07-11-2010, 01:08 AM
I think the face-pulling's nerves, plain and simple. He's the least contrived of the lot. Earns him a hefty riding handicap in my book. Some of the others would be looking for 'genuine' under 'r'.

patsylimerick
07-11-2010, 01:11 AM
Its the smartest if you crave instant fame and commercial success.

But if you crave musical integrity and respect then no it isn't. XF is a commercial factory and your product will always have its brand name stamped on it.

Ideally, absolutely. But if you've banged your head against the wall of the closed book for years - and clearly Aiden hasn't, he's not old enough - but if you have, I'm sure easy access to a greater audience - whatever the cost- must be tempting. after all, it's about making music, allowing people to listen to and enjoy it and, preferably, making a living along the way. I only say smart in the context of Aiden. In today's industry, how else could he get this level of exposure?

Zippy
07-11-2010, 01:19 AM
In today's industry, how else could he get this level of exposure?

Facebook, youtube etc many artists are doing it via the internet these days and retaining their respect in the process.

I dont begrudge him success but when he starts acting like some precious musical genius who is so unique and intense then it kind of doesnt add up. Because I just don't believe an artist of that type would go the XF route. The XF route is all about commerciality and karaoke.

He seems to want to have his cake and eat it.

patsylimerick
07-11-2010, 01:26 AM
Facebook, youtube etc many artists are doing it via the internet these days and retaining their respect in the process.

I dont begrudge him success but when he starts acting like some precious musical genius who is so unique and intense then it kind of doesnt add up. Because I just don't believe an artist of that type would go the XF route. The XF route is all about commerciality and karaoke.

He seems to want to have his cake and eat it.

I'm a complete technophobe, so you may be completely right about fb yt etc., I haven't a clue. If I want to listen to music I'm inclined, still, to go into a shop and pay cash for a CD (or dig out the LPs, sad, I know). I just think, sometimes, that the fans are more precious than the artists. We're watching the show and talking about it, so we should give them a little breadth to take advantage of it. The pained grimace Aiden indulges in makes me like him even more. I actually think Rebecca and Matt are both far better singers. But there's something about Aiden that intrigues me. I think treyc's got a belting voice, beyond that I wouldn't rate any of them, to be honest. Back to Aiden, though.There's something raw and promising there. I don't think his intensity has to add up in any context. I think it just is, and he just is, intense.

Vicky.
07-11-2010, 01:29 AM
I actually think Rebecca and Matt are both far better singers. But there's something about Aiden that intrigues me.

This is exactly it. I love matt and rebecca(at times) and obviously they have stronger voices, or have upto now...but Aiden just has, something. I cant quite explain it and that sounds ridiculous, but its true :p

I love his voice too.

rosebay11
07-11-2010, 01:36 AM
Sorry, guys! I have to say I find Aiden painful to watch and listen to. He should go this week. He just murdered that Sinead O'Connor song this evening.

Mystic Mock
07-11-2010, 01:37 AM
op i dont think you have heard of socially awkward,and his voice is unique which i think is good.

Zippy
07-11-2010, 01:41 AM
op i dont think you have heard of socially awkward,and his voice is unique which i think is good.

I doubt anybody cares about his social life. Its his performances he's being judged on. And Wagners voice is also unique but...

Patrick
07-11-2010, 01:43 AM
This can't be the busiest thread tonight...

Jesus, TiBB is dead as ******.

Mystic Mock
07-11-2010, 01:45 AM
I doubt anybody cares about his social life. Its his performances he's being judged on. And Wagners voice is also unique but...

how can you compare aiden and wagner? aiden can sing wagner cant,and i also think aiden has stage pressence which i think you have got to have on the x factor.

Patrick
07-11-2010, 02:09 AM
how can you compare aiden and wagner? aiden can sing wagner cant,and i also think aiden has stage pressence which i think you have got to have on the x factor.

Zippy didn't mean that Wagner could sing, he said it was unique like you just said about Aiden.

Name me one artist that sounds like Wagner? You Can't.

Name me one artist that sounds like Aiden? You Can't.

Mystic Mock
07-11-2010, 03:36 AM
Zippy didn't mean that Wagner could sing, he said it was unique like you just said about Aiden.

Name me one artist that sounds like Wagner? You Can't.

Name me one artist that sounds like Aiden? You Can't.

i get it now thanks patrick.

Jamietwo
07-11-2010, 04:28 AM
aidens got nice eyes i suppose. he may have pleasant buttocks but i haven't seen them.

ElProximo
07-11-2010, 06:52 AM

Yes.
We have been complaining about his crazy eyes, awkward faces and strange internal crushing of sound,
but,
I said in the beginning the real show-stopper for Aiden is he does not have a likable natural voice quality.
Sorry.
Honestly Im not trying to beat the kid up because I admire him for a lot of effort and being a nice young man,
but,
He does NOT have an appealing tone, voice quality and no matter if he overcame his other problems - I don't want to hear that voice anymore. Doing any songs. Ever again.

joeysteele
07-11-2010, 08:31 AM
Aiden has a fantastic and unique voice, he is also a unique and original performer, For me the songs don't last long enough when he sings as also for Rebecca and Matt too,.

I'd buy all his recorded work tomorrow if there was any,I love the intensity he uses in performing and really, he cannot be going anywhere,he has to be a main contender to win this series.

His voice is incredible and he will sell multi millions of CDs Worldwide,he is one of the most original and unique performers X Factor have ever had,not once has he just done a copycat type version of any song he's done so far.

Lee.
07-11-2010, 08:39 AM
I think Aiden's crap! Last night, however, he did sing what I would imagine to be a difficult song to sing, very well.

I don't enjoy watching him though.. He makes me uncomfortable :)

fruit_cake
07-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Aiden has a fantastic and unique voice, he is also a unique and original performer, For me the songs don't last long enough when he sings as also for Rebecca and Matt too,.

I'd buy all his recorded work tomorrow if there was any,I love the intensity he uses in performing and really, he cannot be going anywhere,he has to be a main contender to win this series.

His voice is incredible and he will sell multi millions of CDs Worldwide,he is one of the most original and unique performers X Factor have ever had,not once has he just done a copycat type version of any song he's done so far.

It seems to me that sometimes Aiden is absolutely amazing, unique etc.. and other times he's absolutely awful.. all within a few seconds of the same song too :conf::conf:

I think he needs to start again with a simple song.. no extra words, no weirdness.. just normal singing please!!

ElProximo
07-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Geeezz... I'm forcing myself to watch Aiden now... PLEASE MAKE THIS STOP.. absolutely PAINFUL.
This is like someone dragging a fork across a blackboard. Just unbearable ahhhhggg!

and that is just LISTENING... never mind the twisted grimace and just downright painful contorting.

Is every else blind and deaf or what?
Horrible!

LemonJam
07-11-2010, 12:57 PM
...I haven't watched this x factor but isn't the voice what you should be concentrating on?

ElProximo
07-11-2010, 01:11 PM
...I haven't watched this x factor but isn't the voice what you should be concentrating on?

Not exactly.
Yes, I see what you are saying but X-Factor is more than that. The term 'X-Factor' is that idea of a performer not only with pure singing talent but a special sort of 'charisma' in their personality and some here wanted to say 'magnetism' (or even animal magnetism).
A special sort of charm.

An good example might be Elvis Presley. He was not that great of a singer or dancer and it was not just his good looks... he had a certain 'x-factor' not easily defined but a swagger, a wink, some kind of unquantifiable attention grabbing style and charisma.

a good 'bad' example might be (in this case) Treyc Cohen who is, in fact, a fantastic singer and is gorgeous,
yet,
she has no 'X-Factor' going on. That 'attention magnet' is missing. That charm or 'unique sparkle' is missing somehow.

But yeah i mean I think it is understood that pure singing ability, skills and qualities are part of that 'X-Factor' too.
Then again?
Wagner is atrocious and could barely be described as 'singing' or 'dancing' yet seems to get through with some retarded X-Factor alone.

Matt doesn't have too much 'X-Factor' (though he sparked a little more tonight) but his singing is so superb its carrying him and doesn't need that much X-Factor.

fruit_cake
07-11-2010, 01:28 PM
I don't agree with you about Matt, Proximo I think he's definately got 'x' factor but I do agree about TreyC!

Livia
07-11-2010, 01:42 PM

I also hate the silly and affected face-pulling and hand gestures. He should try to get over himself. Talk about self-satisfied over-actor! I find it embarrassing to watch him because I find him quite ridiculous.

Livia
07-11-2010, 01:45 PM
.............not once has he just done a copycat type version of any song he's done so far.

What about Mad World? That was a pure rip-off.

MeMyselfAndI
07-11-2010, 02:30 PM
I hope he wins :D