PDA

View Full Version : Help.. Rebecca's Song?

Lee.
07-11-2010, 08:28 AM
What's the song called that Rebecca sang? And who sang it originally? It's been bugging me all night!

cub
07-11-2010, 08:36 AM
Adele - To Make You Feel My Love. It was only in the chart recently.

Lee.
07-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Adele - To Make You Feel My Love. It was only in the chart recently.

Aha.. thanks for that :)

Absolutely stunning performance from Rebecca!

StGeorge
07-11-2010, 09:23 AM
It was originally a Bob Dylan track back in the 60's and matched the Theme of American Anthems seeing as Adele is English.

Nothing Compares 2U was originally a Prince song for The Family in the 80's, but it went unknown and is reknown for the Sinead version....so it was a bit cheeky for an AA theme.

ElProximo
07-11-2010, 10:16 AM
I could have sworn Macy Grey had a version of that.

Yeah, I didn't know the history of the song but it has been done, redone, redone and actually thats amazing to find out it was originally a Bob Dylan song?

I can't find a Macy Grey version online (dont care that much) or did I think that just because Rebecca had a sort of Macy Grey quality last night?

Well anyways she was amazing. Simply amazing!

Niamh.
07-11-2010, 10:19 AM

Yeah, I didn't know the history of the song but it has been done, redone, redone and actually thats amazing to find out it was originally a Bob Dylan song?

I can't find a Macy Grey version online (dont care that much) or did I think that just because Rebecca had a sort of Macy Grey quality last night?

yeah, I've thought that from the start too that she sounds Macy Greyish

Lee.
07-11-2010, 10:21 AM

Yeah, she does have a Macy Gray sound to her... not quite as bonkers though :D (and better)

Any yes, she was amazing last night! Absolutely outstanding!

Livia
07-11-2010, 01:51 PM
It was originally a Bob Dylan track back in the 60's and matched the Theme of American Anthems seeing as Adele is English.

Drives me mad when people keep referring to it as an "Adele" song!