PDA

View Full Version : Katie Waissel IF louis had voted katie...

Vicky.
07-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Right, so cheryls vote was disallowed. Yeah, she said she would have took it to deadlock anyway, so thats fair enough(although pathetic of her).

BUT, if louis had voted for katie to go home, does anyone else think they would have then let cheryl vote...so that it went to deadlock instead of kicking katie out?

Adamw92
07-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Of course they would but i guess Katie had the lowest votes tonight and they thought "lets just totally screw Treyc over"

Jords
07-11-2010, 08:14 PM
I bet they bloody would!

MTVN
Nah I dont think so, Dermot seemed pretty set on Louis' vote being the deciding one before he said it.

GiRTh
Of course they would but i guess Katie had the lowest votes tonight and they thought "lets just totally screw Treyc over"
This. The fix is so obvious its embarrassing. I hope there's a big back lash this week and Katies out next week.

Mystic Mock
07-11-2010, 08:15 PM
i think they would so they can keep katie.

SocietyIsRuined
07-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Katie has to go next week and until she does its a fix.

IheartBB
07-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Seeing as though Dermot said it will go on a "majority vote" straight after Cheryl refused, obviously not. No conspiracies here.

Adamw92
07-11-2010, 08:16 PM
This. The fix is so obvious its embarrassing. I hope there's a big back lash this week and Katies out next week.

She better be :mad: I hated Louis before but him "going by his heart" is ridiculous, 3 times in the bottom 2, this applied to the reason Rachel went home last year! :mad:

MTVN
07-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Seeing as though Dermot said it will go on a "majority vote" straight after Cheryl refused, obviously not. No conspiracies here.

Exactly.

Vicky.
07-11-2010, 08:17 PM
She better be :mad: I hated Louis before but him "going by his heart" is ridiculous, 3 times in the bottom 2, this applied to the reason Rachel went home last year! :mad:

LOL

Simons reason was more laughable than louis tbf :laugh2:

Adamw92
07-11-2010, 08:20 PM
LOL

That's true, why is it always this week (Week 5) in the bottom vote in the series that he sends home the better singer (except maybe between Ruth and Laura coz Ruth was better :))

Jack_
07-11-2010, 08:35 PM

This. Really don't know what the problem is. He clearly stated the rules. Essentially Cheryl lost her role as a Judge, and thus the other three were the only ones entitled to vote. Konnie has since confirmed this on the Xtra Factor.

BJ
07-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Would it have been the same if Louis had voted Katie out- I wonder

fruit_cake
07-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Right, so cheryls vote was disallowed. Yeah, she said she would have took it to deadlock anyway, so thats fair enough(although pathetic of her).

BUT, if louis had voted for katie to go home, does anyone else think they would have then let cheryl vote...so that it went to deadlock instead of kicking katie out?

guess we'll never know because this will all be swept under the carpet by this time next week :rolleyes:

stewart64
08-11-2010, 10:27 AM
I was surprised but delighted when Katie was saved.

Main reason being that I thought Treyc did well in the sing off and I thought Katie lost it in the middle. Katie isn't playing the drama queen she is a bag of nerves and pretty broken by her bottom two placings.

I though Katie's performance, singing aside, was incredible. And I would rather listen to the Katie than Treyc anyway, Katie is much smoother - I thought Treyc had toned it down and was smoother than usual in the sing off though.

Ammi
08-11-2010, 10:32 AM
LOL

agree Simon is becoming the least credible judge - whatever happened to Simon Cowell

joeysteele
08-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Of course they would have let Ms Cole vote in those circumstances, and more to the point the selfish Madam would have insisted on her vote to then be included to force deadlock.
She got the result she wanted though and passed the buck,cowardly,on to Louis to decide the outcome.

Again, even in a sing off, Katie forgot the words of a song, the sing off is supposed to wipe the slate clean and you are judged on that,she failed even there but still goes through.

There is no justification for Ms Coles actions and if Louis had 2 acts in the bottom 2, she would be laughing her head off at it and expect him to make a decision.she's not normally stuck for words and while it was good to see her shut up last night,if she isn't going to do the judging part of the job right then she shouldn't be allowed to be a judge at all.

It is all about protection of Katie but her attitude last night shows she is not the vulnerable person we are being made to believe she is.

Simon allowed X Factor to be really discredited last night and also gave a massive rebuff to the best singer in the sing off and to all the people who had spent money trying to keep her in too.

Niamh.
08-11-2010, 10:47 AM
No because I think they all knew already that Katie had the lowest votes so deadlock would be pointless which is why they went to Cheryl second so they could avoid deadlock.

joeysteele
08-11-2010, 10:54 AM
No because I think they all knew already that Katie had the lowest votes so deadlock would be pointless which is why they went to Cheryl second so they could avoid deadlock.

I 100% agree with this, I am not one for conspiracy theories normally but this explanation from you is the only logical reason for last nights events.
Completely unfair and set up, no matter what they say now.

Niamh.
08-11-2010, 10:59 AM
I 100% agree with this, I am not one for conspiracy theories normally but this explanation from you is the only logical reason for last nights events.
Completely unfair and set up, no matter what they say now.

of course they'll say absolutely nothing about it though, I was dying for the judges phone calls bit on Xtra Factor so someone could give out about it but of course not one caller did...........funny that:rolleyes:

joeysteele
08-11-2010, 11:01 AM
of course they'll say absolutely nothing about it though, I was dying for the judges phone calls bit on Xtra Factor so someone could give out about it but of course not one caller did...........funny that:rolleyes:

Like me,I guess, maybe you are of the view they wouldn't put any calls as to that on the board in the first place. Very suspicious and a very unsavoury smell to last nights events overall.

Niamh.
08-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Like me,I guess, maybe you are of the view they wouldn't put any calls as to that on the board in the first place. Very suspicious and a very unsavoury smell to last nights events overall.

of course! I mean I'd bet my life they were flooded with callers giving out about it.

fruit_cake
08-11-2010, 12:13 PM

if ever there were to be evidence of a fix, that HAS to be it!! As if nobody would ring about that??? what planet do they think we live on? planet Uranus or something???

Tom4784
08-11-2010, 12:26 PM

This, you're all running away with yourselves. He said it was going to be a majority vote before Dannii voted. There's no conspiracies here.

Z
08-11-2010, 12:28 PM
I think people are missing the point - the conspiracy is that the vote went to Cheryl 2nd which is unprecedented - and then voiding her right to vote despite her saying she wanted to take it to deadlock after Dannii and Louis had voted, and Dermot quickly glossing over it by saying she had lost her right to vote. That is the suspicious part. Simon's reason for voting was ridiculous because the public clearly don't want to see Katie after it being her 3rd time in the sing off in five weeks; which further fuels the conspiracy to keep Katie in because there is no obvious advantage to keep her in the show now other than for ratings and headlines borne out of controversy. Treyc evidently had more of a fanbase because it was only her second time in the sing off; which seems to be a very clear cut thing to me but I'm sure there are arguments against that logic, I can't think of any right now though.

Sharon Osbourne famously refused to vote when it was Kimberley vs Alisha in the 2007 series of the X Factor because they were both her acts; and that was another week of the X Factor shrouded in controversy because they moved the start time of the show forward 15 minutes; and Sharon's act Kimberley was first on, which she felt ruined Kimberley's chances. The X Factor is prone to making strategic cheating tactics; and the genius of it is that what they've done is extremely dubious and unfair, but I don't think has actually broken any rules that they can be accounted for. Poor Treyc!

fruit_cake
08-11-2010, 12:28 PM
yeah but why did he go to Cheryl second??? so she could keep face and keep Katie.. If she'd been bothered she'd have complained and voted for deadlock after Louis had voted

Barbie
08-11-2010, 01:39 PM
It is something i can imagine they would do but Dermot said before louis voted whoever he voted was going home. In fact if i remember right he said to Danni if you go with TreyC she will be going home

Niamh.
08-11-2010, 01:44 PM
It is something i can imagine they would do but Dermot said before louis voted whoever he voted was going home. In fact if i remember right he said to Danni if you go with TreyC she will be going home

yeah, that's not the issue though, the issue is did he go to cheryl second instead of last (as would normally happen) so that they could avoid deadlock and keep Katie in cos they knew Katie was bottom?

joeysteele
08-11-2010, 01:45 PM
of course! I mean I'd bet my life they were flooded with callers giving out about it.

Totally agree niamhxo so it seems clear they wanted it all hushed up,because how can Dermot as just the presenter, make such an important and not on the minute spot decision, but in a second make such a decision without at least making some enquiry as to what happened.

Something stinks rotten and quite frankly if Ms Cole cannot be bothered to do her job properly and cast a vote for who should go out from the bottom 2, just because they were her acts then she shouldn't be allowed to vote for other judges acts either.

Jack_
08-11-2010, 03:07 PM
There's no conspiracy over Cheryl's vote removed whatsoever. Whether it was before or after Dermot had confirmed it would then be a 'majority vote' that she had then said 'I'll take it to Deadlock' is irrelevant. Quite clearly the first answer is the once that is accepted - much like most other television shows. If Dannii had suddenly turned around, five seconds after voting to send home Katie, and said 'oh actually, I change my mind, I chose TreyC', do you honestly think they would let her change it? Or on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? - do you really think after a contestant has said 'final answer', they would be allowed to change their answer to something different? No. No they wouldn't. It's the same in most television shows - the first answer is always accepted. Here, she refused to vote, Dermot asked for confirmation and then she gave it. Her vote was then void. That's the end of it.

Jack_
08-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Of course they would have let Ms Cole vote in those circumstances, and more to the point the selfish Madam would have insisted on her vote to then be included to force deadlock.
She got the result she wanted though and passed the buck,cowardly,on to Louis to decide the outcome.

For the love of God - Dermot had already stated that it was then a 'majority vote'. No amount of moaning or whining was going to change that - the rules were set in stone. Had that happened, there really would have been a conspiracy as once rules are set, you can't backtrack and change them just to suit one person. At least try and make sense will you?

Again, even in a sing off, Katie forgot the words of a song, the sing off is supposed to wipe the slate clean and you are judged on that,she failed even there but still goes through.

There is no justification for Ms Coles actions and if Louis had 2 acts in the bottom 2, she would be laughing her head off at it and expect him to make a decision.she's not normally stuck for words and while it was good to see her shut up last night,if she isn't going to do the judging part of the job right then she shouldn't be allowed to be a judge at all.

It is all about protection of Katie but her attitude last night shows she is not the vulnerable person we are being made to believe she is.

Simon allowed X Factor to be really discredited last night and also gave a massive rebuff to the best singer in the sing off and to all the people who had spent money trying to keep her in too.

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Will you just...you know...give it a break for once?

nanaimo
08-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Still doesn't make it fair now does it, maybe treyc would have went out with deadlock, but guess we will not know in the near future anyway :devil:

Niamh.
08-11-2010, 03:13 PM
For the love of God - Dermot had already stated that it was then a 'majority vote'. No amount of moaning or whining was going to change that - the rules were set in stone. Had that happened, there really would have been a conspiracy as once rules are set, you can't backtrack and change them just to suit one person. At least try and make sense will you?

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Will you just...you know...give it a break for once?

Other people besides you are entitled to voice there opinions Jack!

Boothy
08-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Dermot said to Danni "If you vote TreyC, she's out." after Cheryl decided not to vote, so no, Katie would have gone.

Jack_
08-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Other people besides you are entitled to voice there opinions Jack!

I know, but when the same posts are constantly appearing in threads from the exact same member(s)...it gets a little dull. I'm no huge fan of Cheryl, but quite frankly some of the obsessive, constant hate she receives on this site and others is not only tediously dull and repetitive, but some of it is also ill-informed. Anyone would think she's a serial killer - it's pathetic.

nanaimo
08-11-2010, 03:22 PM
serial killer of music maybe ;)

Niamh.
08-11-2010, 03:27 PM
I know, but when the same posts are constantly appearing in threads from the exact same member(s)...it gets a little dull. I'm no huge fan of Cheryl, but quite frankly some of the obsessive, constant hate she receives on this site and others is not only tediously dull and repetitive, but some of it is also ill-informed. Anyone would think she's a serial killer - it's pathetic.

It's not pathetic at all, this is the X-Factor forum and that is a huge controversy, something would be wrong if people weren't voicing their opinions on the matter, on every side.

Mystic Mock
08-11-2010, 03:33 PM

your not that big a fan of cheryl yet you always defend her.

anyway most of us are not blaming cheryl,we are just saying why didnt it go to cheryl last like it would be usually? and theres only one conclusion to that i think.

Barbie
08-11-2010, 03:33 PM
yeah, that's not the issue though, the issue is did he go to cheryl second instead of last (as would normally happen) so that they could avoid deadlock and keep Katie in cos they knew Katie was bottom?

True, usually on a judge having 2 acts they do go to them last, because deadlock is an easy cop out. So why they didnt this time is probably to keep Katie in the competition.

Simons reasoning was stupid anyway, she's been in the bottom 2 three times! We vote to save so its not as if its just haters voting, its that she has a low fan base. So clearly people dont want to see her!

Jack_
08-11-2010, 03:38 PM
It's not pathetic at all, this is the X-Factor forum and that is a huge controversy, something would be wrong if people weren't voicing their opinions on the matter, on every side.

Eh? Cheryl Cole's personality/manner is a 'huge controversy'? :conf:

your not that big a fan of cheryl yet you always defend her.

anyway most of us are not blaming cheryl,we are just saying why didnt it go to cheryl last like it would be usually? and theres only one conclusion to that i think.

I defend her because the hate she receives is totally uncalled for. What has she done? Murdered anyone? Same for Katie.

Niamh.
08-11-2010, 03:43 PM

I defend her because the hate she receives is totally uncalled for. What has she done? Murdered anyone? Same for Katie.

The post you quoted was regarding last nights controversy as is what this thread is about.

Mystic Mock
08-11-2010, 03:44 PM

no but alot of people find both of them false,i know i certainly do.

MTVN
08-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Cheryl has to choose an act, that's what she was asked to do, that's what she was meant to do. She cant just say "let me go last and I'll take it to deadlock" because then she wouldnt be giving her honest opinion on who she wants saved, she cant have a pre-planned intention to take it to deadlock, that wouldnt be fair.