PDA

View Full Version : Dermot on standby for Davina

James
29-04-2006, 07:00 AM
Nearly O'Leary

TV HUNK Dermot O'Leary, 32, is on standby to take over hosting Big Brother 7 from pregnant Davina McCall.

He will step in if she goes into early labour during Big Brother's longest ever run.

The new series of the Channel 4 show runs for 13 weeks - from Thursday, May 18 until August 18.

So by the time the show ends, Davina, 38, will be just weeks away from giving birth to her third child.

Daily Star

MarkWaldorf
29-04-2006, 07:16 AM
Ah Cool, But it would be different if Davina wasnt evicting!

BB-Rocks
29-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Im glad it would be Dermot - the romuors going about were saying Vanessa Feltz would be a stand by:rolleyes:

MarkWaldorf
29-04-2006, 11:37 AM
PML!! OMG lol I can see it now

xWee-Babezx
29-04-2006, 11:54 AM
i hope davina will be their the whole time!

telefan
29-04-2006, 01:34 PM
me too.
Cant imagine dermot being as good as Davina.
"Big Brother house this is Dermot", doesn't quite sound right.
Maybe they might hook up by satellite to Davina when shes recovering in hospital so that she can still anounce who's evicted/winner etc. lol
They'd probably get a customised black hospital gown for her and all.
LOL!! :joker::joker:

Di2001
29-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Dermot is the ideal standby for Davina :love:

But lets hope Davina can see the whole show through :hello:

lizzie_bb5
29-04-2006, 02:15 PM
So Davina might not me at the final! x

BBLB
29-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Not looking forward to Dermot taking over,last year he looked bored and tired of BB and his interviewing skills are proberbly best served on BBLB than eviction nights.

telefan
29-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by BBLB
Not looking forward to Dermot taking over,last year he looked bored and tired of BB and his interviewing skills are proberbly best served on BBLB than eviction nights.

took the words right out of my mouth!!!:hello:

BigSister
29-04-2006, 03:16 PM
well i think either Demot or Russel would be good replacements better than Vanessa anyway

AndyJK
29-04-2006, 03:30 PM
I know its too much to ask for Davina to get the sack and replaced with somebody more professional. She's demonstarted how utterly useless she is as an interviewer when she moved to the BBC.

BBLB
29-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by BigSister
well i think either Demot or Russel would be good replacements better than Vanessa anyway
Well yes your right but then paul ogradys buster the dog would be preferable to the feltz.
If we had Feltz the eviction interview would be 2 min on the hm and 13 mins about vanessa.
Dermot should keep to what he does best and let someone like Lauren Laverne take over from Davina,The takeover from Davina should be someone that has a passion for the show but someone that wont stamp their own trademark over the show.
Something to think about is if Dermot messes up or is not liked hosting the main show then it will add to the woes of BBLB and make the shows future more shakey than it already is.
Much rather Dermot concentrated on getting the BBLB show back up to the once great show it was:hello:

Arneldo
29-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Dermot is a good presenter but i cant picture him doing it - It just doesnt fit together!

Sumone like Ferne Cotton or Lauren Laverne or This Morning's Ferne would be fantastic at presenting the show!

Russel is histerical but i think he shud stay put at BBBM.

Corkie
29-04-2006, 04:16 PM
i think that dermot has interviews dont a comical and divina can be funny but funny and series at the same time

x-heather-x
29-04-2006, 09:21 PM
i think Dermot is great.
Im glad he's on stand-by for Davina and not Vanessa Feltz.

I just hope Davina can do the whole series.:xyxwave:

Kayzy
30-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Big brother wouldnt be the same without the big mother!!!
Having no Davina would be like having fish without chips, you just cant do it!!!
Davina keep ur legs crossed we need you there til the end!!!

chesfan
30-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by BigSister

Oh goodness me not Russell Brand he does my head in!

MarkWaldorf
30-04-2006, 04:03 PM
OMG I Know! All Russel talks about is ball bags :bored:

chesfan
30-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by BB06
OMG I Know! All Russel talks about is ball bags :bored:

LOL!!! I hope they dont even give him that terrible show what ever its called, seem to remember something to do with "big mouth" and his big pokey stick microphone, i know where i would love to stick that LOL:colour:

MarkWaldorf
30-04-2006, 04:09 PM
lol O God, You see I only watch that show if Im in the mood to poke fun at him!

x-heather-x
30-04-2006, 04:33 PM
lolz BB06 i like russel but he's not good enough to present BB.only BBBM

chesfan
30-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by x-heather-x
lolz BB06 i like russel but he's not good enough to present BB.only BBBM

Your right he is definatley not good enough to present BB. Its a shame if davina does have to hand over the reins to Dermot because she is so good at her job, but seeing that she will probably be heavily pregnant near the end of BB its probably true that Dermot will take over, in that case he is the only one that should take over from her:spin2:

BBLB
30-04-2006, 06:28 PM
But then who takes over BBLB?

x-heather-x
30-04-2006, 06:28 PM
yeah i agree chesfan

MarkWaldorf
30-04-2006, 06:29 PM
He can do both

BBLB
30-04-2006, 06:31 PM
Then everyone will be sick to death of him.
He was having trouble concentrating on 1 show last year much less 2
:dazzler:

x-heather-x
30-04-2006, 06:35 PM
i dont think Dermot would be all that great at doing the 2 shows.

BB-Rocks
30-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Well just have to wait and see . . .

chesfan
01-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Lets just hope the rumours are not true and we end up with Vanessa Feltz! Now that would be sad:puzzled:

x-heather-x
01-05-2006, 01:55 PM
i HATE vanessa....please anyone but her

i would like Liza Tarbuck but she is doing CLI isnt she???

BBLB
01-05-2006, 02:05 PM
:nono:nooo not tarbuck cant stick her:nono:

MarkWaldorf
01-05-2006, 02:09 PM
What about Ermmmmmm Makosi lol

x-heather-x
01-05-2006, 02:10 PM
i hope to God you are joking...........:nono::nono::nono:

BBLB
01-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Still say Lauren laverne,lisa rogers or jayne middlemass..none of them have strong personalities which is a good thing because you dont want a celebrity using their trademark on the show.
Also all 3 have a passion for BB.

MarkWaldorf
01-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by x-heather-x
i hope to God you are joking...........:nono::nono::nono:

Ye I am, That would be so kool

x-heather-x
01-05-2006, 02:28 PM
but i would prefer someone who is already connected with BB to present if Davina is unable to complete the series. I think Dermot is the best and obv choice. I dont think Russell could handle an eviction.

BBLB
01-05-2006, 02:33 PM
lauren and jayne have both made lots of appearances on bblb.
Dermots awful at interviewing and russell is to much in love with his own voice to give a good eviction interview.:wink:

x-heather-x
01-05-2006, 02:37 PM
i think Dermot is a good presenter and is good at interviewing. If he wasnt why would the BB producers have kept him on BBLB for 5 (almost 6) years?

and he is obv popular with viewers.

i do agree with russell loving his own voice tho

BBLB
01-05-2006, 02:57 PM
same reason they keep davina who is also awful at interviewing,shes become part of the furniture as dermot has.
Dermots last interviews were uhm yer er ok hmm yeah kind of interviews with no real pazazz or interest.
BBLB was last year relegated to the 6am morning slot which shows what ch4 think of the shows usefulness now.
BBLB started going downhill during BB5 with the introduction of the superfan and gimmicks like bringing victor in on a milkfloat.
If BBLB is to survive it needs dermot to bring it back in line and thats not going to happen if they give him the standby job.
Not slating dermot,he can be a good entertainer on bblb when he wants to be but interviewing is about as useless as nadia or makosis interviewing would be like.

Kayzy
02-05-2006, 12:10 PM
I reckon that an ex BB housemate should present it if Davina goes into labour early. Brian would be ideal!!!

If Vanessa Feltz does get the job im not sure i will be able to bear to watch it!! Lets get a petition up and running now!! Somebody warn channel 4 that their viewings will dip dramatically!!!!

BBLB
02-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Kayzy
I reckon that an ex BB housemate should present it if Davina goes into labour early. Brian would be ideal!!!

If Vanessa Feltz does get the job I'm not sure i will be able to bear to watch it!! Lets get a petition up and running now!! Somebody warn channel 4 that their viewings will dip dramatically!!!!
Not sure if brian is contracted in with ITV though.
He hosts the mint and given ITVs determination to take CH4 on this year i dont think theyd take to kindly to brian working for the enemy:wink:
I first thought ex hm but getting one that will sit right with the majority of viewers and capable of doing a live show would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

BusyBee
02-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Brian is about the only housemate who could cope with this, or may be Anna from series 1. The others would go to pieces. Agree though dont think ITV would let him do it.

bananarama
02-05-2006, 12:56 PM
I think Brian is doing a fantastic job as a presenter on the "Mint" but I would not like to see him as a replacement for Davina neither would I like to see Dermot replace Davina as much as I like Dermot on BBLB.

I am feeling sexist here. Any replacement for Davina in my mind has to be female. Female presenter for BB and male presenter for BBLB thats how it's always been and is a formula that works. So I hope they keep it that way.

But who should replace Davina if need be!!! Certainly not the Feltz woman cannot stand her. I would rather see Jade Goody do the job than the feltz woman:joker:

I know the perfect replacement for Davina. The one and only "Helen Adams" :laugh: