PDA

View Full Version : 'Housemates to be allowed to discuss nominations' - The Sun

James
02-05-2006, 11:35 PM
Big Brother gets bitchy

By SARA NATHAN

TV Editor

BIG Brother 7 housemates will be allowed to discuss nominations for the first time — as bosses go all out to guarantee fights.

Contestants will also be ENCOURAGED to forge secret alliances to maximise bitching and back-stabbing.

BB chiefs are desperate to beat Celebrity X Factor in the ratings with the nastiest BB ever.

They want the housemates at each others’ throats from day one.

A source said: “The bigwigs know viewers like a bad guy on the show. This year every contestant will have to be a bad guy to survive.

“Letting the contestants discuss nominations is a sure-fire way to get the blood boiling.”

The theme is “survival” and producers have adopted ideas from the US version of the show.

The nomination process will be changed to stop housemates sitting on the fence in arguments to try and remain popular.

Instead the weekly task will determine who is Head of House.

They then decide the nominations and openly discuss who they want out.

The source added: “It will force the housemates to compete for friendship with the Head of House. Bigwigs want to shock viewers who think they know what to expect.

“The plan is for a ruthless bitch-fest that will keep Big Brother on top.”

The Sun has already revealed BB7 is the biggest series so far, with 18 contestants sharing two bedrooms.

Viewers will still decide who is evicted in the series — due to be hosted by Davina McCall — starting on May 18.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001320029-2006200369,,00.html

Rory
02-05-2006, 11:39 PM
mm...glad they decided to do that. Quite BBUSA-like. (discussing who they're voting for)

BBLB
02-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Is this before or after the love island big brother the sun said we would be getting?
Is this including the celebrity we are told is going to be in there.

And i wonder where the quiet sensible but boring music teacher and the timid father of four fits in?

Blink_Me
03-05-2006, 12:01 AM
That would be much better.

This is shaping to be the best Big Brother, ever!

James
03-05-2006, 12:07 AM
.....as bosses go all out to guarantee fights.

I don't particularly like that aspect of Big Brother, these days. There's enough conflict in the world.

lynx112
03-05-2006, 12:08 AM
i remeber rumours like this going around last year i dont think bb will change the whole nomanations thing shame thou it would be nice for a change in bb x

BBLB
03-05-2006, 12:12 AM
dont build your hopes up to much blink me.
Apart from the sun having a dire record of being accurate regarding bb there are rumours now circulating that ch4 are feeding lots of misinformation around.
It was only the other day the sun was reporting its going to be a nice big brother with a great big pool and relaxed atmosphere to encourage romance and nudity.
latest rumours ive heard is that may 9th will be the official press release date:dance:

Glenn.
03-05-2006, 09:40 AM
if it is true i cant wait!

saj
03-05-2006, 09:52 AM
i think this could be true and I hope it is. BB is on its seventh series and they may need to take a different approach for viewers to keep viewing and for it to beat rival programmes such as CLI.

BigSister
03-05-2006, 10:14 AM
i really hope this isnt true BB is all about the nomination process and I agree wqith James fights arent my idea of fun

Mike
03-05-2006, 10:50 AM
I can see what BB is trying to do but personally i dont like the idea, we are used to seeing the housemates not discuss nominations now it would be silly to see things changed.

JakeyBoy
03-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Thats silly! TThat just goes against the rules of BB... and you guys said we were breaking the rules coz we had ninjas helping the FNL!

BBLB
03-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by BBLB
dont build your hopes up to much blink me.
Apart from the sun having a dire record of being accurate regarding bb there are rumours now circulating that ch4 are feeding lots of misinformation around.
It was only the other day the sun was reporting its going to be a nice big brother with a great big pool and relaxed atmosphere to encourage romance and nudity.
latest rumours ive heard is that may 9th will be the official press release date:dance:
And to prove my point further Davinas just been on this morning saying the sun report is all rubbish and they dont want to see 24 hour biatching as it becomes boring,she was very tight lipped about anything else relating to the show..like i said watch for the may 9th press details for anything official.

BigSister
03-05-2006, 01:32 PM
no she said she was going to meet the producers tommorow, nothing has been arranged yet so it could still be true

BBLB
03-05-2006, 01:41 PM
no she said that the rumours of big brother being nasty were in her words rubbish and would be boring.

BigSister
03-05-2006, 01:42 PM
she didnt confirm about the nominations though she just said that being evvl would be nasty

BBLB
03-05-2006, 01:49 PM
she was talking in direct relation to the sun article.
The very same rag that a few days ago said they had insider info that the house was going to be a big love fest,clearly the sun like all it lazy journalists dont have a clue whats going on.
If you read the more reliable net sources youll find that may 9th is the date being bandied around for the official press details,everything else is speculutive rubbish thats been ripped off from forums or leaked as misinformation by CH4 in the runup to the launch.