PDA

View Full Version : CONFIRMED - New BB Psychology Show For Monday Nights

Clnbnt06
04-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Channel 4 today announced a raft of brand new spin off commissions to transmit this Summer, alongside the return of Big Brother.

Dermot O’Leary will host Big Brother’s Big Brain, a weekly LIVE dedicated psychology series where the housemates’ behaviour will be subjected to intensive analysis and debate by a team of on-screen psychologists and studio guests.

Aired on Channel 4, each Monday night episode will feature discussions and pre-recorded footage taken from the previous week’s happenings, delving into the further reaches of the housemate’s psyches and offering viewers the psychological explanation behind all the latest Big Brother 7 news and group dynamics.

Big Brother’s Big Brain will also inject an extra twist into life in the house each week, as the onscreen psychologists set a never before seen ‘experiment’ in the house, with exclusive follow up predictions and analysis.

Presenter Dermot O’Leary said, “Big Brother’s Big Brain will be a must-see programme for all Big Brother obsessives like me as it really will take the series to a new level. I’m really looking forward to getting my teeth into another new Big Brother series. ”

Channel 4’s Commissioning Editor for Factual Entertainment, Angela Jain added, "Channel 4 viewers have always loved the insight that a psychological perspective gives. It's fantastic to be able to give Dermot O'Leary the opportunity to get stuck into the minutiae of the housemates' behaviour in a live, dynamic and discursive way."

Big Brother: The Love Stories, an hour long E4 spin off, looks back at some of the love stories and romances that were sparked in the Big Brother house over the years. From the original Helen and Paul love story, last year’s Saskia and Maxwell romance to the most talked about couple of the year Chantelle and Preston. We'll be asking these Big Brother success stories what made them fall in love in the spotlight and question why the likes of Stuart and Michelle were less successful, and whether there was ever a future for Craig and Anthony.

Big Brother’s Little Brother also returns to it’s spiritual E4 home LIVE this summer, with C4 Sunday programmes, alongside the irreverent wit of Russell Brand’s lively debate programme, Big Brother’s Big Mouth.

Also, returning to E4 is a series of Diary Room Uncut programmes featuring must see exclusive unseen footage of the housemates in the Diary Room.

During the week leading up to the launch of Big Brother 7, E4 also
hosts a number of one-off Big Brother themed programming, including Big Brother’s Most Outrageous Moments, Big Brother's Funniest Moments and Big Brother's Top 50 Housemates.

From the Channel 4 press site (need to register to view)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm undecided to whether it will be good or not yet.

Also it says Top 50 Housemates :puzzled: There were only Top 20 Housemates done before

MarkWaldorf
04-05-2006, 03:09 PM
OMG Kool! Thanks

Arneldo
04-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Sounds Good!

Ive always liked the pycology shows and it was a bad thing to remove them but this show sounds gud!

BBLB
04-05-2006, 04:00 PM
Finally the last 2 days some official information has been put up.
All the official info so far sugests a great season of BB.
This does beg the question though that if dermot is taking on BBLB and BBBB then what would happen if dermot has to take over from davina..3 jobs would be a lot to put on any presenter.
I also hope they have ditched some of the psychs from previous years,there analysis of the hms was becoming very boring and repetitive..almost to the point of looking like first year psychology students.
Lets see some new psychologists with some truly indepth analysis.

Clnbnt06
04-05-2006, 04:09 PM
I hope this show will be seperate from monday's highlights. I hated the highlights being interupted for them trying to tell us what this and that meant when it was pretty obvious anyway.

pmg
04-05-2006, 04:10 PM
the show sounds good but the name just sounds cheesey to me lol:joker:

Mike
04-05-2006, 04:11 PM
Yeah i know what you mean there Clnbnt06 , by sounds of it though it will be seperate this time round.

x-heather-x
04-05-2006, 04:11 PM
yeah i agree with that last post ^^^

i liked the psycology shows but i thought there were on on Sundays!

Lance
04-05-2006, 04:13 PM
I love the psychology show. That's what really interests me about BB so I am glad it's back.

Can't wait now, not long to go!:colour:

x-heather-x
04-05-2006, 04:16 PM
yip we're almost there.....two weeks today is it not???????????:colour::colour::colour:

BB-Rocks
04-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Me two Lance

Love your pic by the way, ywhen did you meet her?

BigSister
04-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Yay I liked the psychologly but ^_^

Corkie
04-05-2006, 05:33 PM
could be good also nice pic lance are you tall or is she just small?

Aflamo
04-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Yeah I always really liked the Psychology Shows.. I'll glad they are back,, there were a few last year.

x-heather-x
04-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by BB-Rocks
Me two Lance

Love your pic by the way, ywhen did you meet her?

Yeah Lance...I love Kelly Clarkson

My friend Lindsay met her when she came to Glasgow...Lucky Cow!!!:mad::laugh::tongue:

SparkleBabe
04-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Ive always enjoyed the psychology shows and I was annoyed when they scrapped them half way through BB6. So im glad they are sort of reinventing it. :bouncy:

Razmataz
05-05-2006, 07:53 AM
The big brother psychology show wasn't really a fave of mine, my mum loved it.

But now i'm a psychology student i will look at it better and watch it more.

And i'm glad its been moved from its sunday slot, because it really died there, and thats why they stopped showing it.

blogbrother
05-05-2006, 11:22 AM
My family love the psychology bits of BB. It was annoying when they took it off. I'm glad that they're bringing it back. I agree, the title sounds like some crummy gameshow...