PDA

View Full Version : *UPDATE* BB7 Golden Ticket - win a place in house

BBLB
05-05-2006, 10:15 AM
BIG Brother fans will get a chance to WIN a place in the house - through a Willy Wonka-style contest, The Sun can reveal.

James
05-05-2006, 10:30 AM
It's KitKats the tickets are going to be in - they would have to prepare this in advance. So that makes me think it is more than a rumour.

I have to ask, what if someone finds a ticket and doesn't want to appear on Big Brother? Any alternative prize?

A lot of people would never go on Big Brother in a million years. It could put off people from buying KitKats!

BigSister
05-05-2006, 10:36 AM
Thats true James and when would the draw be and they would have top have travel etc. And i havent seen it yet so they are going have to be quick!

BBLB
05-05-2006, 10:38 AM
I know..sounds a bit dubious to me as well..but when it comes from 2 different sources you have to wonder.
Maybe this is a bit of misinformation leaked from endemol to add to the publicity?
Would be great if its true though.
Guess we will find out more later in the day and if its a rumour the thread can be moved into rumours or killed off.

Theres also the age problem,what if all the tickets are found by under 18s.
And the real question here is does this mean kitkat are sponsoring BB this year?

BigSister
05-05-2006, 10:50 AM
oh yeah thats a good point because under 18s cant go into the BB house

blogbrother
05-05-2006, 10:56 AM
This surely is just publicity, I remember on last years BBLB Dermot had a competition to enter the BB house and it was just a competition for Freeview boxes to watch it on E4... Maybe this is the same sort of thing and the random person gets to visit the camera run?... Possibly...

BBLB
05-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by blogbrother
This surely is just publicity, I remember on last years BBLB Dermot had a competition to enter the BB house and it was just a competition for Freeview boxes to watch it on E4... Maybe this is the same sort of thing and the random person gets to visit the camera run?... Possibly...
I guess thats also possible given papers tend to exagerate stories.
If its true though im betting it will be just going in as a guest for a day rather than being allowed to stay as a potential winner..and im betting it would be fairly late in the show.

_CoCo_
05-05-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by blogbrother
i think that might be it,they're not gonna put anyone in there,i mean we dont want another guss now do we :tongue:

blogbrother
05-05-2006, 11:18 AM
I just re-read the newspaper and they're supposed to enter the house 2 weeks in... Surely this is just publicity, a crazed mentalist could go in there... Although I'm guessing if this was true, they wouldn't let just anybody in there...

Mmm... Now I think about it, I'm thinking of a conspiracy. What if 100 tickets are in Kit Kats but the "random" winner is somebody already preselected by BB?

James
05-05-2006, 12:16 PM
.....There will be 100 golden tickets placed in KitKat bars distributed to 40,000 retail outlets starting at 10:30 p.m. on May 18, Channel 4 said on Friday. The competition ends on June 2 at 10:20 p.m.

The winners, following thorough background checks, will be invited to a live TV broadcast where one of them will be chosen at random to enter the "Big Brother 7" house.

"We are always looking at new ways of trying to find brilliant housemates and the golden ticket feels like a genuinely exciting way to do so," said Angela Jain, Channel 4's commissioning editor for "Big Brother".....

http://today.reuters.co.uk/ (http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=entertainmentNews&storyID=2006-05-05T103941Z_01_L05417205_RTRUKOC_0_UK-MEDIA-BIGBROTHER-TICKETS.xml)

blogbrother
05-05-2006, 12:30 PM
Bang goes my conspiracy theory... Oh well... The way Reuters put it doesn't make it sound so bad... It still doesn't mention if the KitKat housemate will be permanent... I'm coming around to the idea now... It could be really funny...

BBLB
05-05-2006, 01:03 PM
So does anyone know if kitkat are sponsoring BB or will it be Talk Talk.
There does seem to have been an upsurge in TalkTalk adverts on ch4 this week.

BigSister
05-05-2006, 01:50 PM
ohhh so its going to be sone1 going in later on. Could be quite amusing

BBLB
05-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by BBLB
BIG Brother fans will get a chance to WIN a place in the house - through a Willy Wonka-style contest, The Sun can reveal.

One hundred golden tickets will be hidden in special chocolate bar wrappers.

And one winner will be picked at random to join the housemates two weeks into the show starting on May 18.

more here (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006200776,,00.html)

Normally i wouldnt rely on the sun but its been reported in another paper as well and in several usually reliable forums.

mirror link here (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_objectid=17034890%26method=full%26siteid=94762-name_page.html)

tickets being dispatched according to bbvision,looks confirmed now

click here (http://www.bbvision.co.uk/)

Clnbnt06
05-05-2006, 02:58 PM
I think it's a good idea because it's likely to be a housemate who is considered as 'normal' like the BB1, 2 and 3 days.

BBLB
05-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Clnbnt06
I think it's a good idea because it's likely to be a housemate who is considered as 'normal' like the BB1, 2 and 3 days.
Would also be interesting to find out if this would be the 17th hm or will only 15 enter on launch night.

cc100
05-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Interesting. I dont know if I like it or hate it!

What if the winner is an OAP?

BBLB
05-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by cc100
Interesting. I dont know if I like it or hate it!

What if the winner is an OAP?

From what i can figure out there are 100 tickets then they look at the 100 and pick one depending on factors like age,if they are physically and emotionally able to do the show,no doubt there will be 1 out the 100 that will be suitable.

cc100
05-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Imagine if an ex housemate or other celeb gets a ticket!

Arneldo
05-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Imagine if sumone finds the ticket and odenst want to go in!

They cud sell it!!!!

Think of much they wud get!!

Corkie
05-05-2006, 08:31 PM
so will they actually be a hm or just a guest?

BigSister
05-05-2006, 08:32 PM
that hasnt been decided yet corkie

BigSister
05-05-2006, 08:32 PM
lol aaron some1 has already mentioned that

Arneldo
05-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by BigSister
lol aaron some1 has already mentioned that

Ooopps! lol|
I was gonna read through the post but im to lazy! lol

BigSister
05-05-2006, 08:39 PM
on another forum I meant sorry

Kaz
05-05-2006, 08:46 PM
That's it then.

I'm never buying another KitKat until BB7 has started! :tongue:

God, that would be my worst nightmare ...... 'Congratulations, Kaz - you've won a place in the BB House' ........... AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!! Noooooooooooooo! :spin2:

BBLB
05-05-2006, 09:05 PM
would be a dream for me..id love to go on the show but wouldnt go to auditions.
So kaz if you won what would you do,would you not even be tempted to go for it?

Kaz
05-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Absolutely not, BBLB! :laugh:

I love to watch BB, but I could NEVER be a housemate ....... never, EVER, EVER! :spin2:

But if you do, then off you go and buy as many KitKats as you can ..... good luck! :thumbs:

Razmataz
05-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Kaz
Absolutely not, BBLB! :laugh:

I love to watch BB, but I could NEVER be a housemate ....... never, EVER, EVER! :spin2:

But if you do, then off you go and buy as many KitKats as you can ..... good luck! :thumbs:

You could just hand the winning wrapper to a friend!

BBLB
06-05-2006, 12:19 AM
UPDATE
On the terms and conditions from the big brother website term number 1 states
No purchase necessary. For the same chance to win a Golden Ticket, send your name, address and daytime telephone number to: Big Brother Golden Ticket NPN, PO Box 122, Uckfield X, East Sussex TN22 5UU to arrive no later than 2nd June 2006. Only one entry per stamped envelope. Bulk entries or entries sent from trade, consumer groups, agents or third parties will not be accepted. Winners via this route will be notified by telephone by the next working day. Open to UK residents only (subject to the relevant permissions and permits), excluding employees

terms and conditions (http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/B/bigbrother/goldenticket_terms.html)

Amy
06-05-2006, 07:57 AM
BICCIE BROTHER
Willy Wonka golden tickets to house hidden in KitKats

BIG Brother has turned Willy Wonka to offer wouldbe contestants the chance to win a place in the house.

One hundred golden tickets will be up for grabs, hidden in KitKat chocolate bars. One lucky ticket winner will be chosen at random to join the BB housemates two weeks into the show.

Host Davina McCall will announce the top secret golden ticket plan on the first night of Big Brother 7 on May 18. The special KitKats will go on sale the following day.

The Willie Wonka idea is appropriate since he would offer people a prize they could only dream of. A BB source said: "We wanted to do something really special this time around.

"Producers are sure they're on to a winner with their Willy Wonkainspired ticket giveaway.

"It's a risk because the person who wins will bypass the usual selection process so we've no idea who we'll end up with."

Would-be contestants usually face several interviews to prove they can make it on the C4 show.

A record 25,000 people applied for this year's Big Brother - 5,000 more than last year.

This year's contestants were flown to secret places in Europe yesterday as TV chiefs got the BB house ready.

This year, the show will have an outdoor bar and barbecue and a much larger swimming pool.

It will be the biggest BB ever, with up to 18 housemates taking part and running over 13 weeks.

Article Daily Mirror (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/showbiz/tm_objectid=17034890%26method=full%26siteid=94762% 26headline=biccie%2dbrother-name_page.html)

Corkie
06-05-2006, 08:03 AM
i think alot of the house is a bit like bbau cos theyve got a massive swimming pool (no one uses it though not that ive seen) and they have a barbie aswell

Kore
06-05-2006, 08:28 AM
i wonder how much money kitkats are going to make off this:rolleyes:

MarkWaldorf
06-05-2006, 08:52 AM
I just noticed it said 18 and over ::hugesmile:

James
06-05-2006, 08:55 AM
.....Those who find the tickets will go to the Big Brother studio for a show to be broadcast live. One of them will be chosen at random to enter the house as a 14th housemate.

For those whose worst nightmare would be appearing on a television show in which your every word, cough and movement is broadcast to millions, there will be the option of giving the golden ticket away to a friend or enemy, or selling it.

A spokesman said: "You are allowed to sell it on eBay. I imagine they will sell for quite a lot."

From http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/05/06/nkitkat06.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/05/06/ixhome.html

BBLB
06-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Kore
i wonder how much money kitkats are going to make off this:rolleyes:

States clearly you can enter without a purchase,dont think they can be fairer than that to be honest..for kit kat its not so much the money they make in sales,more like the publicity they will get from it..good luck to them,its a brilliant business decision:thumbs:

Kore
06-05-2006, 08:57 AM
kitkats got a mega deal there havnt they :D haha:laugh:

russ2k1
06-05-2006, 11:49 AM
there are reports that any one that get one can sell it on ebay for as much as 10k and people will pay it!

MarkWaldorf
06-05-2006, 12:02 PM
WOW Wonder how mnay bars will be sold?

BBLB
06-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by russ2k1
there are reports that any one that get one can sell it on ebay for as much as 10k and people will pay it!
They would be mad to do so though,given that you can be considered without even making a purchase I think BB are being very clever making sure that the winner isint quite as random as youd think.
paying 10k for a ticket which doesnt guarantee you a place in the house is madness personified.
:spin2:

suezx
06-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Hi All,
just read about the Tickets, have you seen the vid on the site

just gone up at http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother.

Suezx

russ2k1
06-05-2006, 05:50 PM
happy hunting!

krissybabe06
10-05-2006, 11:37 AM
o yes ill get 1 im guna get 1, kaz if you dont want yours if you ever get 1 just private message me and we'll find a way of me getting it !:joker::tongue: LOL, cause i'll ave it if you dont want it lol