PDA

View Full Version : A New Format for Big Brother. by Splodge.

splodge0
28-07-2002, 09:31 AM
OK then. BB3 has finished. Yes, I am in official mourning, as predicted. And yes, they did c-ock it up this year Big Time.

BB1 was the first to make me wish for more. BB2 made me wonder why. Why? Yes. Why is it only on for 64 days in a year! One thing we all agree on is we love the format. Though BB3 clearly lost its way, and made us all very frustrated.

So here is my idea. Please treat it gently. Its an only child.

Since we (mostly) watch at least one or more "soaps" which run for 52 weeks in a year, why not Big Brother.

Bare with me.....................!!!! LOL

Firstly, all the other BB's run longer than ours, and secondly, we all, I reckon, prefer BB to most, if not all, soaps.

So, suppose we extended BB4 to run for say 3 months. About the same as some other countries? Yes? Ok then.

If we started with 14 HM's and evicted as normal, job done.

With me so far?

Now here's the clever bit. We add a Housemate every fortnight and evict every fornight. The additions dovetailing with evictions, so that we have a weekly either Friday or Saturday night show.

Now extend to a rolling 52 weeks in a year.

A little fine tuning is required, as
a.) the tasks need to be on-going and properly thought out to take account of the seasons,
b.) when a couple wish to leave together (ala P and H) two replacements are introduced, and
c.) if one person becomes too popular, they have to retire ( be "killed off") as a champion. This would be after, say, 64 days, with a cash prize of, say, £70,000!

Job done!

Copyright 2002 splodge0.

ps. I truly believe this would work, but I have no faith in the Media picking the idea up, do you? Duh!!!!!

:colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour:

pps. NO BBDS either!!!!

mcginn
28-07-2002, 10:30 AM
what a great idea, email them with your idea i do wish big brother was on for longer, :thumbs:

but great thinking :spin2:

:bouncy: :spin: :bouncy:

bananarama
28-07-2002, 11:49 AM
Mmmmmm. I think the nation would become bored if it were on week after week after week with no proper climax and conclusion.

However I find the interval between BB's to be too long also.

I agree with the 12 week scenario (I didn't know other BB'S ran longer than ours).

I would be happy with a 12 week BB followed about 5 months later by a shorter ( say 4 weeks) celebrity BB or Public selected one that was done for charity perposes only. That would feed my withdrawal symptoms until the nex full version of a no holds barred.

Also let's stuff the moaning hypocritical phony intellectual press and the mamby pamby self appointed program/Government censors so that reality tv can become just that!!! "Reality TV" :devil:

splodge0
28-07-2002, 11:57 AM
Thanks bananarama. I hope I get more input for this and I might just float it to Endermol.

Just one thought though. Most of the longer running soaps stay fresh eg. Eastenders, Corry, Emmadale, The Archers, The MouseTrap to name but a few. And I find them much less addictive!!

:colour: :colour:
:colour:

ps. I know the Mouse Trap isn't a "soap", but it is still going the last I heard...........................

wheelyjo
28-07-2002, 02:09 PM
gr8 idea splodge0 .......but failing that a celeb bb every yr wud ease our withdrawl......lol

Mairi
28-07-2002, 03:35 PM
I love the idea, in theory, Splodge, but for it to work properly I feel it would need a LOT of fine tuning, not just a little.

Just imagine, though, BB 24/7, 52 weeks a year. Bliss.

splodge0
04-08-2002, 03:00 PM
I still reckon thiss is a goer :colour:

Romantic Old Bird
04-08-2002, 09:44 PM
I reckon it's the Truman show.

No, Splodge, I don't think so, no thanks.

Nightmarish.

Amy
04-08-2002, 09:48 PM
I have to say that i agree with ROB here! I love BB but it would lose it's spark if it was on for so long! :wavey:

splodge0
05-08-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Romantic old bird
I reckon it's the Truman show.

No, Splodge, I don't think so, no thanks.

Nightmarish.

I wish I had heard of the Truman show. Why nightmarish? :bawling:

I alway feel the spark comes with the people in the house. Its like one big family. :love:

:colour: :colour: :colour:
:colour: :colour:

Jayjay
05-08-2002, 02:33 AM
Basic Problem - it would not bring in the same amount of money and would be to costly to run and yes we would get bored of it. I thought about it and decided on a years worth and the eventual winner would be the longest person to stay in the house but as I said this would be to costly.

However another alternative, which would be a bit simular to BB2 (Josh) would be a run up to the show with say 30 to 50 contenders doing tasks e.t.c. to get into the house. The public would vote for this and therefore no Jade!!!!

You have to remember they need the revenue from the public phoning so any plan would have to include the public.

Flossy2k2
05-08-2002, 07:03 AM
I do like the idea Splodge! The tv companies do make a lot of money out of Eastenders and Corry with very expensive sets. The actors all work long hours and are paid a lot of money to entertain us. And they are actors getting rich. Why would it not make sense to have housemates instead of actors. I would much rather watch Big Brother :flower: