PDA

View Full Version : Big Bro Bosses fuming over Leak

Glenn.
08-05-2006, 10:40 AM
in the daily star today it said that the final lineup will have to be changed coz of the leak in yesterdays paper.

James
08-05-2006, 10:57 AM
BIG BRO’S IN CRISIS OVER LEAK

by PETER DYKE

BIG Brother TV chiefs were in crisis talks last night after the names of this year’s housemates leaked out.

Producers were left fuming when details of 14 of the contestants, including former Miss Wales Imogen Thomas, were made public.

Telly bosses always try to keep the identities of the wannabes under wraps until the night of the show’s launch – which is 10 days away on Thursday, May 18.

But now names and photos have got out, they are in crisis talks about whether to change the line-up at the last minute.

A source said: “All hell has broken loose. This is a major leak and it could ruin our launch show because we always want Davina McCall to reveal who the new housemates are to the nation.

“We may have to tell some of the contestants who we’ve picked that they’re not going to be on the show now and replace them with new people.”

The contestants are said to comprise:

Imogen Thomas: Former Miss Wales who is 23 and a nightclub hostess.

Emma Spellar: Sexy blonde 32DD former Miss Great Britain, also 23.

Brook Canning: American-born rapper in his 20s who is hoping his stint on the show will help his music career.

Bonnie: Dumpy teenager who spark lots of rows.

Grace: Brainy and sexy lass who has been a dancer in several West End shows.

Nicky: Glamour model in her 20s who has had flings with several football stars.

Lee: Another sexy model who loves to go topless to show off her boob job.

Lisa: Quirky oddball who is hyperactive and might get up people’s noses.

Sezer: Mediterranean stockbroker.

George: Photography student

Mikie: Cheeky Scouser in his 20s who has worked as a male model.

Richard: Shaven-headed gay muscleman who was born in Canada.

Shahbaz: Camp Indian guy from Glasgow.

Pete: Hunky singer in a band who is already the producers’ fave to win.

The contestants who have been picked for this year’s show are currently hidden away at secret locations across Europe.

Each housemate is holed up separately with a chaparone to look after them.

This is to keep them apart and out of the public gaze and ensure that they do not find out anything about the show in advance from the media.

But now the names and details of some of the housemates are out in the open, TV bosses are deciding whether to change the line-up at the eleventh hour.

The source added: “We’ve spent months choosing the right mix of people and this is going to ruin things.

“Now we have to decide whether to stick with who we’ve got, even though we’ve still got 10 days to go and more stuff about them might get out.

“Or we scrap some of them and bring in new people at the last minute.”

Surprise

producers

Bosses have at least another 10 people on standby, including an S&M party hostess, a camp black diva and cross-dresser, a

grandfather in his 60s, a lesbian social worker and an outspoken Sikh.

There are also rumours about a mum and daughter entering the house – but both must keep their relationship a secret.

And BB chiefs have vowed to stir things up this year by throwing a contestant’s exlover into the house at some stage – just like they did in the American version of the show two years ago.

The housemates will also get a surprise a few weeks into the show’s run because a new contestant will join them for certain.

That will be the winner of the KitKat golden lottery, which starts on the night of the show’s launch.

TV chiefs have slipped 100 golden tickets into random KitKat bars and anyone who finds one can enter a special draw.

Whoever has their ticket pulled out of the draw by Davina, 38, will land a prized place in the BB house.

This year’s show is the longest ever and will run for 13 weeks. There are tipped to be at least 18 housemates in all.

Last night a Channel 4 spokeswoman said: “We cannot confirm or deny if the details printed at the weekend about this year’s Big Brother are correct.”

Daily Star

krissybabe06
08-05-2006, 11:05 AM
hmm wel the stand by's have been mentioned aswell

blogbrother
08-05-2006, 11:06 AM
I don't know why they want to change the line up. So what if we know their names. What difference doe it make?

Dan_
08-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Why do the papers have to ruin things :rolleyes:. I don't want to know who the housemates are until they actually enter.

krissybabe06
08-05-2006, 11:10 AM
yeah but even davina doesnt mention their names on launch until they housemates are shown on screen
i think its better if the housemate introduces themselves to the audience, i think this could ruin things

krissybabe06
08-05-2006, 11:14 AM
and if sum1 knows and guesses these peoples names in the paper they could sell a story or anything about them, its best if nobody knows nothing, even the papers could make up rubbish

big_d
08-05-2006, 11:32 AM
i thought that the papers were making this all up coz they always do this every year like last year they mentioned housemates names and they were all fake. WHY DO THE PAPERS HAVE TO RUIN EVERYTHING. d

BBLB
08-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Not sure why you guys are taken in with all this hyped up rubbish.
Your all smart enough to know how the media works.
Look at who owns the papers that are leaking names and look to connect the dots..its all about selling papers,issuing names they knew all to well these people likely wont be going in the house then covering their behinds by saying BB may now pull those names.
If you want accuracy then dont go looking in the star the sun or NOTW.
Instead just look at their track record of creating stories that have been based on rumours from forums.
I had heard a while ago the press pack will be released tomorrow.
When thats released we will get to find out things like the number of hms..the theme if any..details of nominations etc.
As for names of hms the media are going by names that have come up in auditions and the dry run...its all guess work and possibly a hint of endemol leading the press down the garden path.

krissybabe06
08-05-2006, 11:37 AM
saying that big_d they do make up crap most of the time and i never ever believe the papers, they cant really find out the identity of ALL 14 housemates, at the beginning it says all housemates have been leaked all 14 of them then at the bottom of the article it says all of a sudden theres 18 lol

krissybabe06
08-05-2006, 11:38 AM
yeah i suppose so, apparently last year they gave housemates names endemol just 2 lead the press up the garden path which they were obviously untrue, they cant find out the identity of ALL of them its impossible

No1MakosiFan
08-05-2006, 11:39 AM
So does that mean Channel 4 bosses have to get a set of new housemates and get rid of the other housemates. I dont think it would be fair as the chosen ppl have worked hard to get this far.

big_d
08-05-2006, 11:41 AM
i know they really do want to make up thier minds on how many housemates there are going into the house lol

BBLB
08-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by BBFanatic
So does that mean Channel 4 bosses have to get a set of new housemates and get rid of the other housemates. I dont think it would be fair as the chosen people have worked hard to get this far.
no it just means that imogen whatever her name is had an agent who leaked that imogen had applied and got so far in auditions..the agent in my opinion is using this as a way to expose imogens profile,why else would the paper report several paragraphs about imogen but only one line sentences about the other hms.
Its all a publicity stunt,imogen gets a high profile for a day or 2 and the newspaper sells more papers..then its sister paper reveals that those names proberbly wont be used now because bb is furious about leaking the names..its all tosh .

big_d
08-05-2006, 11:46 AM
innit

Kore
08-05-2006, 12:22 PM
cheers notw

Lance
08-05-2006, 03:50 PM
It could all just be more and more publicity for the show. I think we should have learned our lesson not to believe everything we read in the papers.:bored:

Corkie
08-05-2006, 04:17 PM
ermm ok so the housemates were "revealed" to us yesterday but today in the same paper they say they might not be able to use them anymore

daily star ermm i think we all know they arent the housemates and how they said who the other hm could be they just sound really stupid people

_CoCo_
08-05-2006, 06:23 PM
who's to know they're making this story up to,thats the way they work,as someone as allready said it sells papers

MarkWaldorf
08-05-2006, 06:38 PM
They got it exactly right last year, It could be right this year

Chrizzle
08-05-2006, 09:31 PM
What are the odds Bonnie has big gold earrings?

They all sound cool, hope they are the real ones.
I feel sorry for Endemol bosses though.
Thats pretty guttering.

Blink_Me
08-05-2006, 09:48 PM
If they are the real one's, this sounds like a copy from like last years show. How interesting.:rolleyes:

027huds
09-05-2006, 04:21 PM
They shouldn't have their chance ruined by a stupid paper. It was annoying to find out their names b4 it started though.

cc100
09-05-2006, 07:55 PM
We mostly want 'normal' people. Sure, its fun to have a few oddballs, but surely we dont need anymore deperados on telly?

Lance
09-05-2006, 07:59 PM
No we don't, cc100. Well, I know I don't anyway.

Actually, my favourite series was BB5 and that was probably the one filled with the least normal of people.

James
10-05-2006, 12:27 AM
This is Emma Spellar's website.

http://www.emma-spellar.co.uk/

If you look at the 'My CV' section you see she's been in loads of media stuff. It's Orlaith Mk2 if she gets in.

But I still reckon the two glamour models that have been named are just using Big Brother to boost their profiles a bit, and won't be amongst the housemates.

Blink_Me
10-05-2006, 01:03 AM
I sure hope that they're not the housemates, because it sounds like Big Brother 6 all over again. If they are the housemates, I won't be watching much of it, I can assure you of that.