PDA

View Full Version : Trip to space for German BB winner!

Mark
27-12-2001, 04:51 PM
The winner of the next german Big Brother will be given seven tickets for flights to the international space station!
This will cost the show an extra £17 million making it the most expensive game show ever!

How ruuuude! All we get is £70,000. Even the people on Survivor made £1000 an hour!

Who thinks Big Brother UK should give more of prize to the winner?????

Mark :spin2::spin2::spin2:

WILDCHILD2K1
27-12-2001, 05:43 PM
I definetely think the BB winner should get more money - 70,000 isnt a lot when you compare it to the other game shows about. Going on 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' you can get 64,000 for answering a few questions - the BB person is locked in a house away from life, family and friends and have to cope with the media when getting out; they deserve a lot more, I mean come on, BB must earn so much from all the merchandise and voting!!:nono:

Janette
27-12-2001, 09:53 PM
That talent show hosted by Mel B gave the winner a percentage of the money spent by viewers voting on the phone, if that was done with BB the winner would get a heck of a lot more than 70k!!!

Feefs
27-12-2001, 10:31 PM
They should increase the prize money, but not by too much. Winning and being on BB should be about more than getting rich. £70,000 is very pleasant, but not enough to retire on.

It would also be nice if the other contestants received some kind of prize. Not alot, but perhaps enough to help prevent it being so easy for the tabloids to lure them with unwise deals before they've had a chance to think about the consequences. This is more relevant for those leaving in the later stages of the show. For example, Penny had weeks of media appearances and making contacts and landed a regular job as a presenter on Liberty Radio over a week before the show ended.

Liz had a single day to establish her name before Brian was crowned King and got the attention. For those interested in a media career, unless you are really popular, it does you favours to leave earlier under the current system.

They could definitely do something to address that by continuing some kind of E4 coverage for a couple of weeks next year. Extended interviews and contestants each introducing their individual highlights etc.

Perhaps to encourage more diverse people (ie NOT just media wannabes) they should consider a more interesting prize like in Germany. I'm sure BB Germany will be taking full advantage and make a couple of extra programes from the prize side of things.

LEE
01-01-2002, 10:25 AM
I definately think that the prize money ought to be increased, however I agree with Feefs that I don't think it should become a Million. If it was my decision I would probably set it at about £250,000.

I also like Feefs idea of other contestants also getting a share of the prize money. I think I would give prize money to all of those who survived to the final week, this would normally mean 3 prizes, but this year would have meant 4.

I think £100,000 for the runner up and £35,000 as a third prize.

This would obviously mean that it would cost Channel 4 and Endemol much more in prize money, but it would still be considerably less than the first prize in 'Survivor' and I'm sure Big Brother made far more money than that did! :grin: