PDA

View Full Version : Favourite BB Chicken

Sticks
30-07-2002, 07:30 PM
They were the unsung heroes of Big Brother, faithfully supplying eggs and confort to the housemates.

http://www.poultryscotland.co.uk/hens/rirck1.jpg

One was instrumental in helping a housemate overcome their darkest fears.

One bonded with a dishy model to be a close confident.

So lets hear it for the Chickens!!!

BTW here is a good link (http://www.poultryscotland.co.uk/) for all chicken lovers :thumbs:

Mairi
30-07-2002, 07:49 PM
Nice one, Sticks!!

I must admit to having a a soft spot for Betty this year.

I think most of the housemates grew quite fond of her. :love:

mcginn
30-07-2002, 08:04 PM
i have to say betty

Kaz
30-07-2002, 09:33 PM
Yes, it has to be Betty for me too. :thumbs:

Her trick of sitting on top of the fence surrounding the chicken coop and then taking ages to decide whether she would jump out or not provided endless hours of entertainment for the housemates .............. and for me. :laugh:

Although I did feel sorry for Big Red when he was poorly, and Alex was so concerned about him. :bawling:

Janette
31-07-2002, 09:09 PM
I have to admit to finding Betty more entertaining than some of the housemates this year, she was certainly eager to get on TV!!!!!

By the way, does anyone know what happens to all the chickens after the shows finish?

Di2001
31-07-2002, 09:18 PM
One of this year's chickens had to be put down, didn't it?

Was a nice sight seeing Alex and Jonny being caring vets and carefully giving the chickens their medicine. Aaahhh!!

Mairi
31-07-2002, 09:29 PM
I do think the chickens were very well cared for this year by the housemates. Much more so than last year when the majority of them, Penny being the exception, just thought they were a nuisance.

My favourite chicken moment had to be when Alex went into the Diary Room after the downpour for towels to dry the chickens and informed Big Brother that he wasn't a professional chicken dryer.

:laugh:

Oldgit
31-07-2002, 10:34 PM
The cockerel last year was a pain in the ar$e breaking the ambience just as Paul and Helen were getting to the good bit....

:laugh: :laugh: :spin2: :spin2: :laugh: :laugh:

Kaz
03-08-2002, 01:59 PM
originally posted by Janette
By the way, does anyone know what happens to all the chickens after the shows finish?

Hi Janette - the answer to your question was in today's Sun Online following on from the story about the furniture being removed:

Meanwhile, the chickens were still at the house last night.

But they have been found a new home thanks to Organic Life magazine, which has paid £600 to take the seven birds.

Spokesman Andrew Rainbow said: “It’s really good that we have been able to keep the birds together. They are gregarious animals which need to be together once bonds have been made.”

Aww, bless. :hello: :laugh: :hello:

Sticks
16-05-2003, 06:55 PM
I wonder if the chickens will be as popular this year.

They are the unsung heroes of Big Brother :dance: