The Bank that owns it
wants to off load it.

SkyNewsHD
Jeff Randall Show Exclusive Report

Will it become a AsdaWalmart -Tesco Battle
for there stores?

Zippy
06-04-2011, 09:41 PM
thought Stacey was the new face of Iceland?

not TiBB Stacey, obviously

Rob
06-04-2011, 09:42 PM
so glad i left there then!

Iceman
06-04-2011, 10:10 PM
That's gonna affect the ones over here too :(

Claymores
07-04-2011, 01:07 AM
so glad i left there then!

Well my pal's wife works for them, and so far they're not worried. The cheap (crappy) frozen foodstuffs mean they're doing well in my part of the world recently in the face of recession.

Jessica.
07-04-2011, 01:19 AM
I went to London a few months ago and I went into iceland for the first time and it was actually awful, I wouldn't eat food out of there, I'm not surprised they are selling. :S

Claymores
07-04-2011, 01:25 AM
I went to London a few months ago and I went into iceland for the first time and it was actually awful, I wouldn't eat food out of there, I'm not surprised they are selling. :S

Do you buy all your own food or do yer mam and yer dad for you? If you buy your own, then sure, avoid it like the plague. ATM a lot of people are empoverished and their crapola is about the only way to make ends meet.

I'm sure that the Iceland punters would prefer to get their foodstuffs from M&S too. It's not gonna happen - hence why I suggested the staff are not worried of the owning bank getting itself into even more financial crap - more of a reflection of the bank (remember that governments are now sh1tting on banks for exarcerbating the crisis UK/Ireland are in)

Jessica.
07-04-2011, 01:28 AM
Do you buy all your own food or do yer mam and yer dad for you? If you buy your own, then sure, avoid it like the plague. ATM a lot of people are empoverished and their crapola is about the only way to make ends meet.

We don't have iceland in Ireland luckily, my mother buys the food from tesco and local shops. hehe

Claymores
07-04-2011, 01:37 AM
We don't have iceland in Ireland luckily, my mother buys the food from tesco and local shops. hehe

No worries Jess - all I was hinting is that it is a financial problem of the bank - not that low-rent food chain. I agree with my pal's wife that there is a strong place in the market for dross food in the middle of a recession.

Zippy
07-04-2011, 02:18 AM
they have nice cream doughnuts there.

They do actually sell brand names too.

Claymores
07-04-2011, 02:22 AM
I like some of their own stuff - it'll be a named producer's anyway just with the Iceland rebadge.

Just don't touch anything that Jason Donovan was flogging in the cheesy adverts at Christmas time :hugesmile:

TomRocksUrSocks
07-04-2011, 08:06 AM
Good. I wouldn't touch anything from there with a barge pole. Without wanting to sound snobby (I probably already am lol) a lot of food in discount/frozen stores is cheap for a reason. Cos it NAAAAAAAAASTY!

Sam:)
07-04-2011, 05:46 PM

Yes we theres four stores in Dublin,I live near one of them and they are ****,It used to have nice ice-pops.:blush:

Shaun
07-04-2011, 05:51 PM
well there goes my plan for economising at Uni :laugh:

arista
07-04-2011, 06:12 PM
well there goes my plan for economising at Uni :laugh:

But the Boss in Charge
wants another Chain to take them over
and be the owner says then his store can stay as it is
simple because of his Good Profits.
He was unlucky that his backer
was a Iceland based bank,
who now want his store sold.

And with so many stores near other Supermarkets
it may be better to keep it as Iceland - Part of the Walmart Family , for example.

Netto AsdaWalmart is now running in the UK
for example.