PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother causes a rise in the sales of Sugar Puffs

Sticks
02-08-2002, 04:35 PM
According to one of the tabloids, the sale of Sugar Puffs, especially those with the Scooby Doo movie promotion, have increased because Big Brother fans are wanting to find the plastic toy and play "follow the van" for themselves :shocked: :blush:

I would love to know what the manufacturers Quaker Oats or the film company think of it all, especially as it is supposed to be a children's toy, however I can not find a web address on the box of Sugar Puffs I bought today. :laugh:

It has taken me three boxes to finally get the van (the first toys were the skull and then the Scooby dog) :dance:

BTW I live alone, so will not be playing "follow the van" :nono:

Sticks
02-08-2002, 04:43 PM
This is the van in close up.

Can anyone remember the colour of the one used by the housemates ?

Was it blue or green ?

avriljayne
02-08-2002, 06:22 PM
I hope you like Sugar Puffs Sticks - or do you have a pet Honey Monster ?

Sorry don't know what colour the HMs had :bouncy:

Romantic Old Bird
02-08-2002, 07:59 PM
Sticks old chum, lovely picture!!!!! :hello: :hello: :hello:

You do look so much less menacing with that smile.

So, unless you are applying for hire-a-bouncer inc, why not have the van pic as an avatar???

Loving your smile!

BTW, I think it was ectoplasm green............................

steve_o
02-08-2002, 08:05 PM
I'd agree with that, it's a great pic for an avatar. Holding up the van, wish I'd have thought of it. :thumbs:

:spin:

Amy
02-08-2002, 08:13 PM
I agree with it too :thumbs: It would make a good avatar Sticks :thumbs:

Anyway i have NO idea who i would play follow the van with honest :blush: :blush: :blush:

Sticks
02-08-2002, 08:21 PM
Would Mark be able to reduce it ?

Would reducing it make it unclear what I was holding, and would it not give a wrong idea about me :blush:

My current avatar was to go for the Joe Cool look, and smiling is rarely cool as any fan of the Blues Brothers will testify

After this box of Sugar Puffs I am going to have SOMETHING ELSE !!!!

Mairi
02-08-2002, 08:29 PM
A smile costs nothing, but gives much.
It enriches those who receive,
Without making poorer those who give.
It takes but a moment,
But the memory of it sometimes lasts forever.

:colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour:

BusyBee
02-08-2002, 08:38 PM
Very profound Miriam. Just a thought do you think they have Sugar Puffs in the Adams/Clarke household? :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour:

Mairi
02-08-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by BusyBee
Just a thought do you think they have Sugar Puffs in the Adams/Clarke household? :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour:

If they didn't, before BB3 started, I bet they do now!

:laugh: :love: :laugh: :love: :laugh: :love: :laugh: :love: :laugh: :love: :laugh:

Kaz
02-08-2002, 09:57 PM
Not being a cereal eater, I admire your devotion to duty in order to become the proud owner of a 'Follow the Van', Sticks. :laugh:

LOVING your smily picture :thumbs:

What do you think about this for your avatar?

Mairi
02-08-2002, 10:01 PM
Oh, Sticks, please GO FOR IT. It's a LOVELY avatar and it's SO nice to see you smiling.

BTW, your van is currently fetching around £7.50 on eBay so guard it well. :wavey:

Romantic Old Bird
02-08-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by BusyBee
Just a thought do you think they have Sugar Puffs in the Adams/Clarke household? :colour: :colour: :colour: :colour:

I think they have porridge and omlettes mostly.

And the occasional choc ice, what the hell?

Perhaps the van is a bit too much like work for Mr Clarke?

Who knows, he might be freelancing for Sugar Puffs. he may have designed the very same van!

In which case he probably had to try out the prototype at home

:shocked: :love: :shocked:

Glitter_babe
03-08-2002, 10:57 AM
£7.50 for a (excuse me) crappy plastic van???

Who would pay such a price?

So, unless you are applying for hire-a-bouncer inc, why not have the van pic as an avatar???

Lol ROB - you do make me laugh.

Having said that, Sticks wouldn't be Sticks if he had a smiling avatar, and it would badly damage his 'Prophet of Doom' reputation - he could be relieved of his post.

Jayjay
05-08-2002, 02:16 AM
I feel sorry for the kids. They are now being force fed these things so the parents can have a bit of fun.

Question Do you think one of the housemates will get to advertise them.

Mum I wanted Coco Pops :bawling:

Di2001
05-08-2002, 05:27 PM
I bought a pack of Sugar Puffs at the weekend (and a bottle of Black Tower to see what it was like!!!!) but I wasn't so lucky in getting "the Van". Hubby will just have to wait a bit longer to play "Follow the Van" with me!!!! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

sweetlittlesara
06-08-2002, 08:17 PM
I got a van, not that i want one particulary.... i just happened to have a packet of sugar puffs, and i got one, i got quite excited when it popped out my packet this morning its a purple one like sticks im off to see if i can sell it now :dance: