LeatherTrumpet
27-07-2011, 01:39 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jords
27-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Since when was sleeping an event? :idc:

Livia
27-07-2011, 01:53 PM
I'm excited about the Olympics. I was born and lived the majority of my life about three miles from the Olympic Park. Stratford had always been run down. There was still bomb damage from the war around the area when they started building it. I watched a programme about it last night, about how they came up with the design, about how they're ahead of schedule, about how they've used rail and the canal to transport materials, making it one of the greenest projects ever undertaken in this country... it looks brilliant. And the events are taking place not just in London, but across the country. Of course, this country being what it is, the moaners (that's you, LT) will get much more airtime than those of us who us proud, and looking forward to welcoming the world to east London.

'Conor
27-07-2011, 01:55 PM
i love the olympics :hmph:

LeatherTrumpet
27-07-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm excited about the Olympics. I was born and lived the majority of my life about three miles from the Olympic Park. Stratford had always been run down. There was still bomb damage from the war around the area when they started building it. I watched a programme about it last night, about how they came up with the design, about how they're ahead of schedule, about how they've used rail and the canal to transport materials, making it one of the greenest projects ever undertaken in this country... it looks brilliant. And the events are taking place not just in London, but across the country. Of course, this country being what it is, the moaners (that's you, LT) will get much more airtime than those of us who us proud, and looking forward to welcoming the world to east London.

How did you sleep with all the air raids?

Locke.
27-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Looking forward to it.

Would rather we had the World Cup though

LeatherTrumpet
27-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Looking forward to it.

So would most of us.

:bawling:

Livia
How did you sleep with all the air raids?

LMAO... you've got more cheek than a grown man.

Livia
Looking forward to it.

I wish we had both. I want everything...

Lee.
27-07-2011, 02:39 PM
I can't wait... I saw a lot of it being built last week when I was down that way and I can't believe I haven't got tickets! :bored:

I think I may go down anyway just to soak up the atmosphere and they are going to have big screens here and there for people to watch al fresco. :D

Livia
27-07-2011, 02:42 PM
I can't wait... I saw a lot of it being built last week when I was down that way and I can't believe I haven't got tickets! :bored:

I think I may go down anyway just to soak up the atmosphere and they are going to have big screens here and there for people to watch al fresco. :D

It's so nice to hear someone who's not from London say that! I haven't got tickets either (even though maddeningly, lots of the politicians I work with will be getting them for free - the jammy gits) but I also intend going to just soak up the atmosphere.

LeatherTrumpet
27-07-2011, 02:43 PM
I wish we had both. I want everything...

thats what she said

Livia
27-07-2011, 02:44 PM
thats what she said

LOL... you have an answer for bloody everything.

Lee.
27-07-2011, 02:48 PM
It's so nice to hear someone who's not from London say that! I haven't got tickets either (even though maddeningly, lots of the politicians I work with will be getting them for free - the jammy gits) but I also intend going to just soak up the atmosphere.
Do you think it will be possible to get into some events on the day? (I know finals etc will be a nono)

LeatherTrumpet
27-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Do you think it will be possible to get into some events on the day? (I know finals etc will be a nono)

You can pay at the door for the rock, paper, scissor qualifiers

Lee.
27-07-2011, 02:58 PM
:amazed: if I had known, I would have entered myself! I'm a dab hand at rock,paper,scissors!

Livia
27-07-2011, 02:58 PM

I was wondering the same. I bet you can... We'll probably end up sitting next to each other.

Livia
27-07-2011, 02:59 PM
:amazed: if I had known, I would have entered myself! I'm a dab hand at rock,paper,scissors!

I'm hoping to qualify for the 'jumping to conclusions' and the 'running off at the mouth' events

Lee.
27-07-2011, 03:10 PM
I was wondering the same. I bet you can... We'll probably end up sitting next to each other.

:amazed: I'm going to get a T-shirt printed with "leather trumpet wishes he was here"... that way you'll know me!

I'm hoping to qualify for the 'jumping to conclusions' and the 'running off at the mouth' events

:laugh2:

LeatherTrumpet
27-07-2011, 03:14 PM
I cant wait for bitch volleyball, its a funny name that however you would think the pc brigade would be up in arms?