PDA

View Full Version : Holly & Jessica

chilledbootz
07-08-2002, 10:17 PM
What's happened to these beautiful girls?. The world we are living in is getting scarier. Let's hope they return home safely, although it's increasingly unlikely that they'll be found safe and well now.

susieq
07-08-2002, 10:19 PM
My thoughts too Chilled - can't begin to imagine what their parents are going through. Let's just pray this has a happy ending for all concerned.

WILDCHILD
16-08-2002, 07:38 PM
A couple have been arrested - apparently two adults who work at Holly and Jessicas school, the caretaker who the girls were supposed to have come in contact with and his girl friend.
I really hope they are found alive and well. My heart goes out to the family of the two girls.

BigSister
16-08-2002, 07:48 PM
I agree Whilchild
I cant believe that they could disapper like that
I hope they find them soon

Sticks
16-08-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by WILDCHILD
A couple have been arrested - apparently two adults who work at Holly and Jessicas school, the caretaker who the girls were supposed to have come in contact with and his girl friend.
I really hope they are found alive and well. My heart goes out to the family of the two girls.

They have not been arrested, just that they are being questioned. Not quite the same thing.

We have been here before with other tragic cases, and sad to say will will be down this route again.

The world is a horrid dark place, unfortunately as one friend put it, I see reality, not what we would like it to be.

BusyBee
16-08-2002, 09:51 PM
The other night when they were investigating those disturbed pieces of earth I felt sick to the stomach. What those parents must be going through just cant be imagined. Let's hope that they are safely returned to their families quickly.

Sticks
17-08-2002, 07:36 AM
This morning two people, a 28 year old man and a 25 year old woman have been arrested, but not yet charged, with the murders of Holly and Jessica.

More news when we get it.

Kayleigh
17-08-2002, 12:48 PM
I really hope there ok and found soon

Mark
17-08-2002, 02:37 PM
At 1.00pm a person found two bodies, 20miles away from Soham.

The police havent actually said if it is Holly and Jessica..... but I imagine it is.....

I can't even imagine what the parents are going through.

- Mark

mcginn
17-08-2002, 02:57 PM
here abit more on the story

POLICE have confirmed they have found two bodies in the missing girls investigation.

The bodies were found in Mildenhall, Suffolk close to the girls' home town of Solam by a memeber of the public at 1pm today.

Earlier a caretaker and his girlfriend have been arrested on suspicion of murdering Jessica Chapman and Holly Wells.

Ian Huntley, 28, is being held on suspicion of abducting and murdering the 10-year-old Soham girls.

His girlfriend Maxine Carr, 25, a teaching assistant in the girls' class last term, is being questioned on suspicion of murdering the pair.

Huntley, the site manager at Soham Village College, had reported talking to the girls on the night they vanished. Neither girl's body has been found.

Police are searching the caretaker's parents' home in the nearby village of Littleport. Officers have cordoned off the house belonging to Kevin and Lynda Huntley.

Police are also continuing their searches, both around Soham and at the site encompassing the college, the girls' primary school and Mr Huntley's caretaker's cottage.

It also includes the college hall where Nicola and Kevin Wells and Sharon and Leslie Chapman made an emotional plea for the return of their daughters.

Detective chief inspector Andy Hebb says officers have recovered items of "major importance" from Soham College.

The arrests came after detectives spent almost seven hours yesterday questioning Huntley and Carr at separate police stations they had attended voluntarily.

They left the stations, in Ely and Peterborough, but did not return to their home, which by then was the scene of a major forensic search involving more than 20 officers.

Di2001
17-08-2002, 04:41 PM
I have been watching this all unfold today on the TV. It is only about 10-12 miles from my house where the two bodies have been found. I feel quite sick to the stomach that something like this can happen so close to home.

I hope they don't keep the parents waiting too long for any news; be it good or bad. I can't begin to imagine what they must be feeling.

steve_o
17-08-2002, 05:16 PM
This news is terrible, it makes me feel sick that of all people Holly and Jessicas teacher has been arrested for murder. I hope were not looking at another Brady and Hindley here. My thoughts go out to there parents, I was hoping things would turn out ok. But in this world it's not to be.

Sticks
17-08-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by steve_o
I was hoping things would turn out ok. But in this world it's not to be.

I suspected that this might be the result, based on case studies of many other abductions, like Sarah Payne, Millie, Susan Maxwell, Caroline Hogg et al.

The equally terrible and depressing truth is that something like this will happen again in the future, and we are powerless to prevent it.

For we have seen the darker side of inhumanity

susieq
17-08-2002, 11:10 PM
My heart goes out to the Chapman and Wells families. I can't begin to imagine the pain they must be going through.

Sticks
21-08-2002, 07:19 AM
For those who want to sign the electronic book of condolence please click on this link (http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/in_memory.htm)

This was my submission:

Two small lights of this world, cruely put out by the darker side of inhumanity. The grief of strangers at this loss shows us the light of humanity. Darkness can never over come light. The smallest candle brings hope and vision to the darkest pit. May the Light of the world be with you and help drive off this period of darkness. The two lights extinguished will shine on forever in our hearts.

LEE
21-08-2002, 06:59 PM
That's lovely Sticks.

Janette
21-08-2002, 07:15 PM
I just feel sickened by this whole thing. To imagine that two people could even contemplate doing such an awful thing is incomprehensible to me.

susieq
21-08-2002, 10:11 PM
It is indeed a very sad and cruel world at times. I too have signed the book of condolence on the Cambridge Police site.

I hope that, in time, the families of Holly and Jessica will be able to take some small comfort from the knowledge that their beautiful daughters touched the hearts of so many people, far and wide.

My deepest sympathy goes out to the families, and to the people of Soham who have lost two bright, shining children from their community.

BigSister
22-08-2002, 10:26 AM
Like other people on the site I have signed the book of condolance

I hope they will rest in peace and their familes will get justice for their daughters when the people who killed them get sent to prison

WILDCHILD
22-08-2002, 01:23 PM
Ive signed the book of condolences
It seems Ian Huntley has been confirmed as the killer and yesterday the bodies were confirmed as Hollys and Jessicas, even though it was proved almost certain by the police.
I really feel for the families, even though I cant begin to imagine what they are going through. I hope the two girls rest in peace and Ian Huntley gets what he deserves.

Janette
22-08-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by WILDCHILD
I hope the two girls rest in peace and Ian Huntley gets what he deserves.

He will probably be locked away for the rest of his life but not in a prison. the way things are going, he will be pleading insanity and will end up in a hospital.

As far as I'm concerned the death penalty should be re-introduced for child killers!

kaphc
22-08-2002, 09:25 PM
Thank you for posting the link to the book of condolence Sticks. I thought what you wrote was beautiful and expressed the sadness that so many of us are feeling.

I have just been reading through some of the other messages on the site, but they are so sad that I think it will just make me more upset.

I feel at a loss to know what else to say as words seem to be so empty at a time like this.