PDA

View Full Version : Gareth and Will

Amy
10-08-2002, 02:26 PM
Janette you'll love this :thumbs: :hello:

Amy
10-08-2002, 02:33 PM
Or there's this one, if you want to see more piccys go to gareths website :thumbs:

Janette
10-08-2002, 03:19 PM
Thanks Amy :thumbs:

The second one is SOOOOOOO much better, Will looks positively edible! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I can't wait till October 12th when Graeme and I go and see them in concert!!!!!!!

mcginn
10-08-2002, 04:22 PM
im geting fed up with that video when ever i turn on mtv/the box it's always on :blush:

bring back good music :dazzler:

:bouncy: :spin: :bouncy:

susieq
10-08-2002, 10:14 PM
McGinn - you're getting a bit controversial there! There is absolutely nothing wrong with 'The Long & Winding Road' - classic Lennon/McCartney and sung by two really good singers (well one - and a pretender!! - oops - even more controversial!).

Janette
10-08-2002, 10:16 PM
I do hope that you mean what I think you mean Susie!!!!!!!!!

susieq
10-08-2002, 10:20 PM
I think we're on the same wavelength Janette!

Janette
10-08-2002, 11:04 PM
I'm very glad to hear it :thumbs:

Hopefully after the concert, the real star will start wowing the crowds on his own while the pretender fades into obscurity :laugh:

Mairi
10-08-2002, 11:34 PM
I like both Will AND Gareth and I think their voices blend beautifully together.

"The Long and Winding Road" is a classic and I never tire of hearing it.

:dazzler:

wheelyjo
11-08-2002, 01:01 PM
i 2 luv long and winding road and like this version, im however looking forward 2 some original material from will, as i think he has a unique and special voice - and always have - mass production is wasted on him!

BigSister
11-08-2002, 08:17 PM
I love the long and Winding road and I think it will get to No 1

Will and Gareth are so good at doing a duet

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

susieq
11-08-2002, 10:03 PM
Apparently this is a 'live' version of the song and was done in one take - impressive!!

Did anyone see the video on CD:UK? I forgot to watch but 'll try and remember to tape the repeat - it's on at some ungodly hour of the morning.

Graeme
13-08-2002, 02:53 PM
I'm looking forward to the concert aswell It's sounds good and it's been AGES since pop idol!

Kaz
14-08-2002, 09:06 AM
(Story from Ananova)

Will says he felt uncomfortable with Elvis track

Will Young says he turned down the chance to duet with Gareth Gates on an Elvis cover. He said he felt "uncomfortable" performing on the track Suspicious Minds.

The pair release their first joint single, The Beatles' The Long And Winding Road, on September 23. The single is a double A-side which also features the Elvis Presley classic Suspicious Minds, sung by Gareth.

Will said: "Although I was invited to join Gareth to duet on Suspicious Minds, I was uncomfortable with the track and suggested he did it solo as it suits his voice well. It sounds fantastic and I hope both tracks go down equally well."

However he does perform a song on his own, Jackie Wilson's I Get The Sweetest Feeling, as a bonus track on the single.

Following the forthcoming release the two stars say they will "move on" to follow divergent career paths.

Will said: "After this, both Gareth and I will move on and take the different musical routes we both wish to follow".
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I LOVE Will's version of 'Sweetest Feeling' - that's a real bonus to hear it'll be included on the single. :hello:

But even better is the news that Will is at last to be allowed to break the shackles and strike out on his own career. I was starting to think his name was Will Andgareth, not Will Young! :shocked: :laugh: :shocked:

:dazzler: :dazzler: Go Will! :dazzler: :dazzler:

finch
14-08-2002, 10:45 PM
I think the video is rubbish

LEE
15-08-2002, 08:01 AM
I disagree Finch, I think its a very clever concept and was very well done.

:flower:

chilledbootz
15-08-2002, 08:46 AM
I agree with you finch. Video is pathetic. Talk about saving money! I'm also not very impressed with the song either. Hopefully it will grow on me :thumbs:

LEE
15-08-2002, 09:06 AM
Well I still disagree with both of you I think the song and the video are both excellent.

:flower:

susieq
15-08-2002, 10:33 PM
I've not seen the video so can't comment but have heard them sing this track before (on the televised concert I think) and they did it really well.

BusyBee
16-08-2002, 09:57 PM
I havent seen the video, so cant comment, but when will they realise who actually WON Pop Idol. I'm glad to hear that Will is not doing Suspicious Minds - he needs to distance himself from Gareth. He's got a fantastic voice and its just not being used to the best effect. When will he release an original song - he's too good for continual cover versions. The more you read of what is being done to these two the more you realise how sensible Darius was to sign with someone who would let him do his own thing. I'm sure Will must be itching to get his teeth into something new. You know it makes sense Simon.

Amy
20-08-2002, 08:35 PM
I've notice this on ananova :wavey:

click here (http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_654062.html?menu=entertainment.latestheadlines)