PDA

View Full Version : Heat Magazine

Mairi
03-01-2002, 01:51 PM
In this week's copy of Heat Magazine, on page 83 it says:

05 January
Big Brother: Small World
Channel 4, 9.05pm
..................... This show, presented by Davina McCall, digs up Nasty Nick, Nichola and Darren from the first British series and Brian, Paul, Helen, Amma and Stuart from Series Two to tell us Where They Are Now ................

Hurray!!!!!!!

:colour:

LEE
03-01-2002, 01:55 PM
I've just read this too miriam. Looks like the show won't be too bad afterall !! :hello:

Mairi
03-01-2002, 02:04 PM
Hi Lee - I'm just dying to see Paul and Helen together again after all this time. Can't wait.

Feefs
03-01-2002, 02:40 PM
I really hope they don't go all shy on us and sit at other sides of the room or whatever. And they'd better get more than five minutes too - each.

Didn't the Sunday Times article said Nicola had refused to appear in this show? I also thought we'd see Bubble and Naz. Wrong again. I suppose less people means we're more likely to get some interesting discussions, but it's a shame if they've missed your favourite. Perhaps they'll tell us what they're doing anyway.

With Davina at the helm we're bound to get some decent interviews. She'll pry out the juicy bits and they won't mind/notice because everyone knows she loves them as much as us.:hello:

I can't wait! :colour::colour:

Romantic Old Bird
03-01-2002, 03:02 PM
Elizabeth has refused to appear as well I believe.

I hope it turns out to be good, but I've a suspicion there will only be snippets of all our faves, and I bet P&H aren't sitting together holding hands or anything like that, probably filmed in seperate locations.

What I think we will get is loads of overseas stuff, certainly the trailer suggests this. I don't know about you, but I was annoyed by the bits of 'foreign' sex they felt it necessary to put into the uncut video.

All of this just because our contestants showed a little decency, and kept whatever gulity shenanigans they did acheive firmly under the blankets. I'd rather have had a bit more romance!

They will go for things which make it look an important observational study on human relationships. How people react to pressure (cue rows, tears, bonk fests etc)Lots of justification no doubt.

Perhaps I'm still smarting re: Night fever, hope I'm wrong!!!

Time we saw some openly displayed, sweet, soppy, aw bless, sigh, wholesome affection. I'm not talking Paddy here!

:hello::hello::hello::hello:

Mairi
03-01-2002, 03:11 PM
ROB, If Paul and Helen aren't sitting, holding hands I am going to be SO disappointed.
:mad:

Girlie
03-01-2002, 03:30 PM
The fact that Elizabeth may not be there can only be a positive thing, in my opinion. She bored everyone senseless for weeks and I do not see anything interesting that she could have to tell us about. As for Naz, I think we are all truly blessed if she won't be there, as she always seems to suffer from foot & mouth disease at the most inappropriate times, to say the least. You know what I mean, she opens her vicious mouth and somehow manages to put her enormous foot right in it , embarrassing herself in the process. I would love to find out more about Helen for obvious reasons and also Amma because the last I heard she was alledgedly so broke she was going back to lapdancing again. I hope not though as she is better than that. I also would be interested to know about Josh and whether he is dating (male or female?). Funnily enough, I bet Paul would also be interested, given his doubts about Josh's sexuality when they were in the house etc.

Feefs
03-01-2002, 04:07 PM
Girlie - in the Times Amma said she wasn't broke, wasn't considering going back to lap-dancing and it was all a big lie. For a change.

I'm hoping that whilst intellectualising about the foreign bonk-fests they make lots of comparitive study type observations of the UK's more civilised snuggle-fests. This will of course require showing lots of footage of the different forms of snuggling. Snoozing on the sofa with your feet in each others' faces, placing pieces from board games on each others' faces, heavy breathing under the blanket whilst hiding your face and of course spooning on the bed with big grins on your face. :hugesmile::hugesmile:

They can then pontificate about how snuggling is evidence of a relationship based not just on lust, but friendship too. Cue close up of friendship rings. :wavey::wavey:

See, this TV malarky is quite easy. Anyone can come up with ideas that pretend to be clever, but are just an excuse to show the public what they want.

As well as a snuggle-fest I hope Brian sheds some light on his deal with Blaze. There have been so many rumours and it's about time we had some facts please.

I'd also like to see some attention given to examining the differences between what they've actually been doing and what gets reported in the press. Amma's not broke, Brian didn't have a nervous breakdown, Paul didn't call Helen a tart .... and most important Paul and Helen didn't sing a duet!

Janette
03-01-2002, 06:02 PM
Brian :conf: Blaze :conf: Rumours :conf:

I've missed something!!!!!!!!!!!

Please tell!!!!!

kaphc
03-01-2002, 06:18 PM
The fact that Elizabeth may not be there can only be a positive thing, in my opinion. She bored everyone senseless for weeks and I do not see anything interesting that she could have to tell us about

I have to disagree with you here girlie, although i know she didn't come across as very interesting on BB. I read an article she wrote about her experiences on BB and it was fascinating. She was able to stand back from her experiences in the house and look at them reasonsbly objectively (although she did have an axe to grind about being protrayed as the earth mother!). I think she would say far more interesting things than Helen, Paul or Brian - and I'm saying that as a massive H&P fan!:cat:

disco
03-01-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by janette246
Brian :conf: Blaze :conf: Rumours :conf:

I've missed something!!!!!!!!!!!

Please tell!!!!!

Brian has signed as exclusive deal with Blaze Television, who produce CD:UK and SM:TV.

This prompted some unfounded rumours that he would take over from Ant and Dec when they left the shows, but Brian and PFD (his agents) made it clear he wasn't ready for such a high profile job.

Brian is being honed as a presenter by Blaze and has been given small slots on SM:TV.

You'll probably find out much more at the rather fabulous http://briandowling.net

Feefs
03-01-2002, 06:23 PM
Brian signed a deal with the production company Blaze, who make SMTV and CDUK. Some rumours had him taking over from Ant and Dec when they left, but the main replacement presenter was announced as Finn from Hollyoaks.

It is definite that Blaze have been 'grooming' him as they say to become a lovely tv presenter and they are also making a documentary about this. For a while I thought the documentary was going to be a bit dull, but he's made a couple of random appearances on smtv over the last two weeks, so it seems like he could be more involved after all. I think it's likely, because replacing Ant and Dec with a single presenter seems strange. smtv thrives on the energy of a group of presenters.

Anyway, Brian's saying nothing! In all the interviews he's been doing he's made noises about not being ready to host his own show and so on. I think Finn is due to start on Saturday morning, so perhaps the embargo will be lifted by Saturday night.

Sorry if that's confusing, but I'm quite confused too. :spin2:

Janette
03-01-2002, 08:05 PM
:laugh: Thanks for the info, it will be lovely to see Brian more, I think he would make a great presenter although kids tv is a bit tame for him, he wouldn't be allowed to be as open and risque as he and we would probably like! :blush:

WILDCHILD2K1
03-01-2002, 09:09 PM
Ooooh, ths show is gonna be a good one...at least I hope it is!!! It is on the same time a sPop Idol resuls but I think Im gonna record the other one!! Cant miss this one!!!:laugh:

Romantic Old Bird
04-01-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Feefs
Snoozing on the sofa with your feet in each others' faces, placing pieces from board games on each others' faces, heavy breathing under the blanket whilst hiding your face and of course spooning on the bed with big grins on your face.

Feefs, you are a hopeless romantic aren't you, bless your little cotton socks! Whilst we're on the subject (and greatly against my better nature of course) how about:

Lying, staring wordlessly and longingly into each others eyes,
Saying things like 'We've got to stop this' and 'This really is not cool, is it?' (preceded and followed by long hugs and cuddles)
'Why do we keep getting ourselves into these predicaments' etc., etc., I could go on, and no doubt will do!

I agree, it's hard to beat snoozing with feet in each others faces, one hand resting in unselfconscious ease on the others' leg as a sign of a deep and meaningful relationship. That scene was so intimate, and right in front of the others, how on earth could P&H have doubted that they all knew?

And as for under the blankets......I don't get that! I thought they were playing house, like I used to with the clothes horse and blanket at home, only me and Colin didn't get out of breath like they did, still we were only three!

Hang on! They weren't playing Mummies and Daddies were they???:blush::blush:

(ROB once again retires to darkened room)

Let's hope there's something in the programme to keep everyone happy. I advise a little caution however to avoid disappointment! I suspect justification of the exploitation involved in the phenomenom to be the raison d'etre of the programme.

Whereas, as Darius so eloquently sang the other night,

'What the world needs now, is love, sweet love,
It's the only thing that there's just too little of!'

Wishing and hoping for a little more.....

N.B. Mark, We need more LURVE smileys!

:thumbs:

Mairi
04-01-2002, 12:50 PM
Quote: "I agree, it's hard to beat snoozing with feet in each others faces, one hand resting in unselfconscious ease on the others' leg as a sign of a deep and meaningful relationship. That scene was so intimate, and right in front of the others, how on earth could P&H have doubted that they all knew?"

I remember this. It was lovely. Paul woke up first, then Helen. She said "Do I look rough?" and Paul patted her ankle and said "No". Was that the night of the pillow fight?

:spin2:

Romantic Old Bird
04-01-2002, 01:57 PM
Paul woke up first, then Helen. She said "Do I look rough?" and Paul patted her ankle and said "No". Was that the night of the pillow fight?

:spin2:

That is so sweet. How can people say Paul isn't nice?

I think it was the last Wednesday night they were together, when they managed to resist the lure of the den for the second night running.

Lost all that self control the next night though, thank goodness!

Another (of many) signs of unconditional love was the 'I must really smell' comment from an unwashed Paul as they cuddled on the bed on the last afternoon, answered by a 'You smell nice, love' response from Helen. Then him cuddling her as she stood in rollers.............. oops, I'm off again....Matron!:spin2:

Mairi
04-01-2002, 02:17 PM
quote:
"Another (of many) signs of unconditional love was the 'I must really smell' comment from an unwashed Paul as they cuddled on the bed on the last afternoon, answered by a 'You smell nice, love' response from Helen."

I loved that too, ROB. In fact, that whole cuddling session (or snugglefest as Feefs would say) was the loveliest part of the whole Paul/Helen thing for me and I watch it time and time again. I can't believe that Channel 4 only showed such a tiny bit of it.

The best part, for me anyway, was when Helen said they had to go and clean. Paul said "Go on then" but she didn't go. Then he smiled and said "Go on" but she still didn't go. She just couldn't bring herself to leave him even though she was also worrying about not having enough time to get ready for that night's eviction.

See, you've started ME off now!

:bouncing:

Girlie
05-01-2002, 03:54 PM
Elizabeth more interesting than Brian, Helen? No way. More interesting than Paul? No comment. If anyone thinks Elizardbeth is remotely interesting then perhaps they need to get out more.