PDA

View Full Version : What do you miss about BB on C4?

Jarrod
24-10-2011, 03:05 PM
I don't feel like Big Brother is like it used to be on C4. Like when i watch the old adverts it doesn't feel the same as the new ones

Things you miss?
- Davina
- Eye
- Vote to EVICT
- Live Feed.. I know i said it's pointless but i've come to realise that it's a bit boring without it. I remember watching it during Ultimate Big Brother on E4 when i had no Internet. I loved it. But i don't mind that it's gone
- Channel 4 itself.. I miss the channel.(I have no reason to watch it now.)

You?

Ramsay
24-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Live Feed
Thats it

Kazanne
24-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Davina ,Dermot and of course LF

Jordan.
24-10-2011, 03:09 PM
- Davina
- Live Feed
- Old Editing
- Better website
- Better news updates
- More trustworthy
- Not using fans for money (vote to save, competitions)

fruit_cake
24-10-2011, 03:10 PM
LF, earlier HL's show

Locke.
Just live feed

Andrew.
- Live Feed
- Eye

Thats it.

Jarrod
24-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Would Davina ever return?

Ramsay
24-10-2011, 03:38 PM
No.

King Gizzard
24-10-2011, 03:42 PM
That it wasn't connected to ''daily star''..it had a bit more class (well, ish)

I did like BBBM, well, much more than BBots

CharlieO
24-10-2011, 04:05 PM
A sense of realism.
Still attached to original concept.
Was still somewhat harsh.
Mind ****ed people.
Live feed.
Davina.
The past.

iRyan
25-10-2011, 03:13 AM
- Live Feed.
- Davina.
- "Best Bits" not "House Highlights".

That's mainly it.

King Gizzard
25-10-2011, 03:13 AM
Diary Room uncut back in the day..

King Gizzard
25-10-2011, 03:14 AM
Not having to scroll 390394343 pages on the Sky TV guide to find 5* :bored:

rk3388
25-10-2011, 03:16 AM
i miss the old editing, old marcus, and i thought i wouldnt miss davina that much and i dont but anybody > brian.
I also miss the rows :(

Vicky.
25-10-2011, 03:31 AM
- Live Feed
- Old Editing
- Better website
- Better news updates
- More trustworthy

These ones

King Gizzard
25-10-2011, 03:34 AM
Dan Nettleton

RichardG
25-10-2011, 03:19 PM
1) Live Feed - well, I don't miss it, but it would be nice just to look at it every now and then during tasks and whatnot. That's one of the things I don't like with the new Big Brother, instead of showing a whole task because they don't have time, they'll show half of a task and then Marcus will tell us what happened in the other half. I prefer seeing the whole thing!

2) Eye - I don't mind the new eye but I much preferred how it was done on C4 with the actual eye designs, not just a purple oval like we have now. I really hope they don't continue using the same eye each series now, one of my favourite things about the run up to a new series was seeing the new eye. It'll be rubbish if that excitement has gone now. Plus i'll get pretty bored of that eye after seeing it too much!

3) Website - the website for this year's Big Brother is horrible, I hate it. It was great on C4 but now it's just... ew.

4) Davina - when Davina shouted "are we excited?!" I would sit at home and be all like "hell yeah I am!" but when Brian says it I feel no excitement. His little salute thing he does at the beginning of each show is just cringey and I hate how he's so clearly reading off an autocue when telling jokes so it's not funny at all. I don't mind his interviews though.

Callum
25-10-2011, 03:25 PM
1. Live feed
2. Davina hosting/better atmosphere on eviction nights
3. The website
4. BBLB (I know we have Bit on the Side but it's not as good)
5. No music when housemates are evicted (I know that started with BB11 but for the other 10 series' there wasn't any)
6. Old editing/no housemate idents on highlight shows

reece(:
25-10-2011, 10:44 PM
live feed, more normality, davina, better editing (no flashbacks/recaps/cheesy wake up music), big brothers big mouth

Scotty07
28-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Obviously live feed on E4 and even more the red button 24 hour live feed on freeview BB6:lovedup:, but also miss seeing those little launch night video clips of housemates up for eviction shown during the C4 adverts. Don't know if they still do that on C5 adverts?

Also I miss the eye designs, and those super cool quick countdown days to launch during the adverts.:love: The excitement of seeing what the new house will look like for BB first:lovedup: CBB getting the second hand house after christmas.:)

The new housemates walking in the house on launch night without twenty questions from Brian spoiling the suprise.:love:

Black Dagger
28-02-2012, 10:57 PM
24/7 Live-Feed
Proper series Best Bits :idc:
Davina (Even if she was a gurning, biased *******)

Maia
28-02-2012, 11:42 PM
- Big Brother's Little Brother (especially the Friday and Sunday ones)
- The whole *big event* atmosphere the show had
- 24/7 Live Feed via the Red Button
- The eye
- The more stylish graphics and everything it had
- Best Bits being Best Bits and only having one song that fitted in with them nicely, rather than a montage of loads of pop songs
- Davina (miles better than Brian :bored:)
- The million and one different spinoffs it used to have (DR Uncut, Big Mouth, etc.) that made it feel more special
- The website with everything you needed all in one place, rather than being redirected to their Facebook page :bored:
- Normal, natural-feeling highlight shows, that weren't edited to death and covered in nametags to make it like The Only Way Is Essex
- Marcus being a proper robotic monotone narrator that said about 5 things during the HL shows rather than making non-stop pointless sarcastic comments throughout the entire duration

Patrick
28-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Why the hell do you want Vote to Evict back? How silly.

I miss:

The Live Feed
The Eye
George Lamb
Davina
The Good Houses
The Non-Excessive use of Celebrity Big Brother
The hype that it had coming up to launch shows
When Marcus Bentley wasn't a character
The onscreen graphics being more than Blue or Purple clouds flying past on loop
Housemates having Best Bits and not a Music Video when they leave
Not having silly editing
Proper twists
The Channel 4 Font lol
The Series ending with best bits and not a bunch of clips to a Pixie Lott song
Proper Diary Room Chairs, even if BB10 and BB11's were horrific

Josiah.
23-03-2012, 05:32 PM
1) Live Feed - well, I don't miss it, but it would be nice just to look at it every now and then during tasks and whatnot. That's one of the things I don't like with the new Big Brother, instead of showing a whole task because they don't have time, they'll show half of a task and then Marcus will tell us what happened in the other half. I prefer seeing the whole thing!

2) Eye - I don't mind the new eye but I much preferred how it was done on C4 with the actual eye designs, not just a purple oval like we have now. I really hope they don't continue using the same eye each series now, one of my favourite things about the run up to a new series was seeing the new eye. It'll be rubbish if that excitement has gone now. Plus i'll get pretty bored of that eye after seeing it too much!

3) Website - the website for this year's Big Brother is horrible, I hate it. It was great on C4 but now it's just... ew.

4) Davina - when Davina shouted "are we excited?!" I would sit at home and be all like "hell yeah I am!" but when Brian says it I feel no excitement. His little salute thing he does at the beginning of each show is just cringey and I hate how he's so clearly reading off an autocue when telling jokes so it's not funny at all. I don't mind his interviews though.

Brian is basically the Chenbot.

Jake.
19-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Davina, a different eye for each year and the atmosphere of eviction nights.

Marsh.
19-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Everything.

Flamingjoe
19-04-2012, 08:33 PM
-Live feed
-Proper twists
-Channel 4 font
-Good graphics
-Good eyes
-The old editing
-Proper best bits
-Big Brother's Little Brother
-Big Brother's Big Mouth
-Davina
-The eviction atmosphere
-The hype that the show used to have before every show
-Good houses
-Marcus Bentley's old narrating style
-The old website
-No twists that are clearly fixed (such as family members nominating, The Crypt, face to face nominations when they're told who to nominate, etc.)
-Vote to evict

Scotty07
11-05-2012, 12:49 AM
Late night Live feed on E4 and having a new looking house every year. Sick to the back teeth of that BB11 looking house with that same ****ing bathroom/kitchen room and that chuffin same sofa area.:mad::joker:

rk3388
11-05-2012, 12:50 AM
the show without any weird editing ( minus BB11 when they started )

ATC
16-06-2012, 02:18 AM
Around 98% of what has previously been written & the sinister feel to the show. Just a bunch of models now...

Omah
16-06-2012, 03:18 AM
Live Feed

LF

- Live Feed

LF

Just live feed

- Live Feed.

Live feed.

Live Feed.

Live feed

Live feed

Yeah, Live Feed

Valdora
16-06-2012, 03:37 AM
Everything. Honestly as much as I am somewhat enjoying the current series I HATE most of channel 5 have done to it. Other than the noms rules, that's a good concept to try out.

Honestly I think the production team and fans wished it back too soon. If it had taken 5 or 10 years away it could have come back on channel 4 as big as ever. Could being the word but you get my point.

Instead they are squeezing that teet for it's last drop until the shows core fanbase finally leaves and the show dies with no big goodbye or fanfare like it got in 2010, just a slow and painful death that will sour the shows memory. Sad but true.

Jords
16-06-2012, 03:41 AM
Davina + Live Feed

Gstar
15-09-2012, 01:12 PM
"What do you miss about BB on C4?"

Everything.

Sam:)
15-09-2012, 01:38 PM
All of the above and the amazing titles we would get :love:

_Seth
13-10-2012, 07:13 PM
I miss everything about C4 Big Brother. C5 don't seem to "get it" when it comes to Big Brother.

arsenalforever
01-01-2013, 08:37 PM
It used to be such an event, even the spin off shows had Dermot o leary and Russell Brand who were brillant even though Davina lost her charm during BB6 and from that point on it was all about the money for her and the evictions used to be so gripping but sadly i feel after the horror show tht was BB8 and the Shilpa/Jade affair it took the shine of for C4 from it been the flagship show to something they wanted rid off quick.

You could see by BB9 the really spent less and less time on marketing it and by BB11 it was a something that needed putting out of its misery.

Kazanne
01-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Davina,Dermot and BBLB

Marcus.
01-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Davina,Dermot and BBLB

yes loved that

arsenalforever
01-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Davina,Dermot and BBLB

Dermot should have taken over from Davina for me after BB6. Her one sideness for certain HM's really shone through and really left a bad tatse in the mouth.

Dermot was really underratted during his time on BB

Brother Leon
01-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Only Live Feed. The last few on C4 were substandard and the last one was just horsepoo :laugh:. Vote to save is one of the best things done to the show.

southblue
04-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Davina
Live Feed
BBLB
and there seemed to be a better mix of HMs when on C4.

However, it isn't all bad on CH5. The set (not necessarily the house) seems better IMO. Also, the editing style (once you get used to it) is more lively and energetic.
Its all pros and cons really - I'm just happy we still have a BB to watch.

southblue
04-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Davina
Live Feed
BBLB
and there seemed to be a better mix of HMs when on C4.

However, it isn't all bad on CH5. The set (not necessarily the house) seems better IMO. Also, the editing style (once you get used to it) is more lively and energetic.
Its all pros and cons really - I'm just happy we still have a BB to watch.

EddyEagal
04-01-2013, 02:34 PM
The only thing I miss is how it was simply edited.

I don't like the name tags and the little idents each housemate gets. It's OK for the CBB series because they're celebs so name tags are more acceptable. But for the normal BB edit it in a far more simple way.

I think C5 have done an amazing job with BB, completely revived the show.

rafacarrilho
04-02-2013, 04:36 PM
-Series theme, in Channel 5 each series had it's own theme, however in Channel 5 it just turned into... I don't even know what it is anymore...
-The house, ever since it's been on Channel 5 it's been more like a vacation rather than an actual competition
-Davina, Brian, as funny as he was in Big Brother, isn't really THAT great of a host...
-Old editing, I HATE the newer editing of Big Brother
-Eye, Channel 5's new eye is plain boring, two seasons and all I saw were a gimmick of an icon and a multicolored version of it

Me. I Am Salman
04-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Davina, live feed, individuality of series, BBLB, the production

Marcus.
04-02-2013, 05:32 PM
live feed
bblb
big mouth

BigBrotherfan4ever
04-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Live Feed
Diary Room Uncut

Jarrod
04-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Going to change a few things on my list from the OP.
- Davina McCall
- Big Brother's Little Brother and Big Brother's Big Mouth
- Live Feed at least over night
- Raw highlights footage for the Highlights Show
- No Eviction Music for the Housemates...

Mrluvaluva
04-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Davina.
Winning a free pass for live feed.
Marjorie.