PDA

View Full Version : Anyone technically minded? Please help!!

Janette
03-01-2002, 06:05 PM
For the last week or so I've not been getting any email reminders saying that there have been replies to my postings. Is this happening to anyone else or am I the only one.
If anyone knows how I can sort this out I'd be very grateful :thumbs:

disco
03-01-2002, 06:13 PM
Make sure "Recieve email notification of new replies?" is ticked when you reply to a message or start a thread.

LEE
03-01-2002, 07:40 PM
Hi Janette :cat:

As Disco says, when you make a post, one of the check boxes at the bottom of the screen says 'Receive email notification of new replies?' On our forum the default is for that always to be ticked, and if you keep it this way you should always receive email alerts.

The 'tick' against this box is what is known as a 'subscription' and if you go into your your 'User Control Panel' and into 'Subscriptions' you should be able to see all threads to which you have 'subscribed' - ie said you want to recieve email notifications for.

A little while ago I posted a thread in 'Announcements' asking if everyone could get into the habit of clearing out their subscriptions (something you can do within user control panel) as they take up a reasonable amount of database space. If you went into there and deleted any of them, that will be why you are no longer receiving email alerts.

As a general rule it would help us if you could all go into subscriptons every so often and tidy it up. That doesn't mean you have to delete everything, I go into mine about once a week, and any of the older topics that people are not really using I delete the subscription for, but leave the newer ones and any olders ones I have a particular interest in.

I hope this helps, Janette. If you get any further problems let either Mark or myself know and we'll see if we can help.

:colour::colour::colour:

Janette
03-01-2002, 08:09 PM
Thanks LEE and Disco, I've deleted some of my older subscriptions and checked that the receive email thing is ticked, I'll have to wait and see if it works now :hello:

Mark
03-01-2002, 08:19 PM
Just replying to this to check your alert works!!!

Tell us if it is successful!

Mark:thumbs:

Janette
03-01-2002, 08:23 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nope!

HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

blinkinlovely
03-01-2002, 08:38 PM
:hello::hello::hello:
I'm getting sooooooo clever on this PC with the lessons that LEE and Mark give me!!:colour:Thanks guys.

:joker:I promise to clear my subscriptions every so often from today!

Janette
03-01-2002, 08:50 PM
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

It worked :hello: I got an email :laugh:

Hooray :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Mark
03-01-2002, 08:55 PM
Sometimes the F2S server is really slow...

In the next few weeks thisisbigbrother.com is moving to new premises so hopefully things should be OK.

Mark :dance::dance: