PDA

View Full Version : this is so ****ing disgusting

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
03-11-2011, 12:23 AM
http://phillyd.tv/post/12242834218/this-video-hurts-my-soul-there-is-a-difference

Wl9y3SIPt7o&feature=channel_video_title

he really needs to die a slow and painful death :bored:

GypsyGoth
03-11-2011, 12:26 AM
:sad:

Smithy
03-11-2011, 12:27 AM
how could someone do that to their own child :bored:

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
03-11-2011, 12:27 AM
2004: Aransas County Court-At-Law Judge William Adams took a belt to his own teenage daughter as punishment for using the internet to acquire music and games that were unavailable for legal purchase at the time. She has had ataxic cerebral palsy from birth that led her to a passion for technology, which was strictly forbidden by her father's backwards views. The judge's wife was emotionally abused herself and was severely manipulated into assisting the beating and should not be blamed for any content in this video. The judge's wife has since left the marriage due to the abuse, which continues to this day, and has sincerely apologized and repented for her part and for allowing such a thing, long before this video was even revealed to exist. Judge William Adams is not fit to be anywhere near the law system if he can't even exercise fit judgement as a parent himself. Do not allow this man to ever be re-elected again. His "judgement" is a giant farce. Signed, Hillary Adams, his daughter.

:bored:

Smithy
03-11-2011, 12:30 AM
The judge's wife has since left the marriage due to the abuse, which continues to this day

wtf, isn't it illegal O_O

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
03-11-2011, 12:33 AM
the mum is just as bad imo saying she was manipulated into it if she had one shred of decency in her she would not just stand back and watch that

Tom4784
03-11-2011, 01:08 AM
It's a heart breaking video, I hope justice catches up with him.

Jords
03-11-2011, 01:24 AM
How awful... why did he film it? And why is it still on there?

Jords
03-11-2011, 01:24 AM
Im so angry I want to punch him.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
03-11-2011, 01:26 AM
i think she might have filmed it without him knowing maybe from a webcam or something idk

you can tell he is enjoying it too after the mum takes the belt from him he goes to get another :bored:

MTVN
03-11-2011, 02:18 AM
And the guy often judged child abuse cases as well, he's not fit to a father let alone a judge in such an important position of power, handling topics as sensitive as those. I'm glad she had the courage to release the tape

He's admitted it now http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/02/justice/texas-video-beating/?hpt=ju_c2

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
03-11-2011, 02:20 AM
"She's mad because I've ordered her to bring the car back, in a nutshell, but yeah, that's me. I lost my temper," Adams told the TV station. "Her mother was there, she wasn't hurt ... it was a long time ago ... I really don't want to get into this right now because as you can see my life's been made very difficult over this child."

:conf2:

InOne
03-11-2011, 02:27 AM
wow...

No words :sad:

Ramsay
03-11-2011, 02:28 AM
What a ****

MTVN
03-11-2011, 02:29 AM
I can't believe he's basically blaming her for this, and thinks that he did nothing wrong :bored:

Ramsay
03-11-2011, 02:30 AM
I can't believe he's basically blaming her for this, and thinks that he did nothing wrong :bored:

Some people eh?

InOne
03-11-2011, 02:40 AM
I think he probably beat the mum down years ago and she basically goes with him cos she's scared

Callum
03-11-2011, 02:42 AM
Disgusting, horrid man. He is just a despicable human being, people like him should never be allowed to have children. The mom is nasty too for allowing it to happen, what a great role model. :bored:

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
03-11-2011, 02:43 AM
he will probably get attacked himself now by some internet vigilantes or something

InOne
03-11-2011, 02:49 AM
Is the vid nearly 8 years old then?

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
03-11-2011, 02:52 AM
yeah so she will be like 23/24 now the fact that she has some kind of mental illness makes it even worse imo because maybe thats what was stopping her from standing up for herself or maybe she had it all her life so thats all shes used to idk but most 16 year olds today if their dad did that to them they would probably hit him back

InOne
03-11-2011, 02:54 AM
I'd guess the way she was and is was due to her Dad. I guess the abuse will have started from an early age. It's sad though, but I guess unfortunately not uncommon

Visage
03-11-2011, 01:16 PM
That is horrific and I wish I hadn't watched it. Yet at the same time I feel the world should watch this, not only to bring justice on these parents but to send the message out that this should not happen anywhere in the world or to anyone.

Why couldn't they have just issued her a computer ban for however long they saw fit ?

I feel friggin' sick at this!!

Ellen
03-11-2011, 01:22 PM
It makes you feel sick that there are people who treat their kids like that. I hope he is been investigated!

Glenn.
03-11-2011, 02:00 PM
I'm not watching the video.

But Scott! :amazed:
It's been too long my friend.

Smithy
03-11-2011, 02:01 PM
glenn you can get rid of that nasty ass avatar already, it's november

Glenn.
03-11-2011, 02:04 PM
glenn you can get rid of that nasty ass avatar already, it's november

I'll have to do it later. I'm on my iPod.

Niamh.
03-11-2011, 02:04 PM
I can't even watch that, reading the posts in this thread was enough. What a ****ing horrible bastard.

Also, Glenn I agree with Smithy, I get a fright everytime I go past one of your posts :(

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
03-11-2011, 02:06 PM
I'll have to do it later. I'm on my iPod.

same :amazed:

Glenn.
03-11-2011, 02:07 PM
I'll delete it for the time being :thumbs:

EDIT: I feel so naked :sad:

Niamh.
03-11-2011, 02:14 PM
I'll delete it for the time being :thumbs:

EDIT: I feel so naked :sad:

:evilgrin:

Smithy
03-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Ask niamh to give you a new one, mods can edit

Niamh.
03-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Oh yeah, what do you want Glenn?, Gerard Butler would look good on you :evilgrin:

Ninastar
03-11-2011, 02:22 PM
i really wanted to post a certain lyric but I don't think I have the heart

this really is terrible, it makes you wonder what else has gone on in the world because how often is stuff like this recorded?

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
03-11-2011, 02:23 PM
D:

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
03-11-2011, 02:23 PM
'ing' is a tag

Glenn.
03-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Oh yeah, what do you want Glenn?, Gerard Butler would look good on you :evilgrin:

The thought of Gerard Butler on me sounds mighty fine.

*dribbles*

Vicky.
03-11-2011, 02:28 PM
I actually couldnt watch it past a couple of mins :/

****ing horrible bastards

Glenn.
03-11-2011, 02:40 PM
:amazed: Thanks Niamh :kiss:

InOne
04-11-2011, 12:04 AM
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/45146781#45146781

Interview with the Dad, the mum and the Daughter

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
04-11-2011, 12:07 AM
i hope when he is old and cant look after himself she pushes him downstairs or something

Liberty4eva
04-11-2011, 12:52 AM
I watched the first belt slap but couldn't watch after that. I know that's going to be the theme of the video. I've seen a youtube video of a guy getting his arm ripped off by a crocodile and this is just as disturbing imo. It was bad enough that the girl had to live through it once but now she has to live it again and again now that the whole world gets to see her humiliation.

MTVN
04-11-2011, 12:54 AM
I watched the first belt slap but couldn't watch after that. I know that's going to be the theme of the video. I've seen a youtube video of a guy getting his arm ripped off by a crocodile and this is just as disturbing imo. It was bad enough that the girl had to live through it once but now she has to live it again and again now that the whole world gets to see her humiliation.

She posted the clip online herself to expose her father for the child-beater that he is

InOne
04-11-2011, 12:56 AM
Apparently she has cerebal pasly too D:

Scarlett.
04-11-2011, 01:16 AM
What an actual horrible excuse for a man, I hope this makes its way to the courtroom and he gets sent down for assult (or even child harm depending on her age)

InOne
04-11-2011, 01:17 AM
What an actual horrible excuse for a man, I hope this makes its way to the courtroom and he gets sent down for assult (or even child harm depending on her age)

Nothing can happen to him. 5 years is the max they can prosecute for. It's been 7 years since it happened

Kate!
04-11-2011, 11:31 AM
His life has been made difficult because of her!! How dare he. This man is an appalling bully and justice needs to be dealt out quicksmart. Unbelievable.

Niall
04-11-2011, 04:15 PM
I was so disgusted when I saw this. I just cannot comprehend how anyone can subject their own child to that kind of treatment. They should lock him in jail and throw away the key, absolute piece of ****. :bored:

MeMyselfAndI
04-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Thats vile & the woman should get just as much blame the bitch.

Jamie.
04-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Disgusting. This guy doesn't deserve to have a child.
Absolutely disgusting.

CharlieO
04-11-2011, 05:25 PM
That made me so sad. I hate to see that happen to others as I know how much it damaged me. I hate people like that so much.

Firewire
04-11-2011, 06:09 PM
I saw this on Tumblr the other day and I was disgusted. I cannot believe someone could treat their "child" like that. The daughter herself said that the mother is not to blame as she was bullied by him too. I just hope the father gets the punishment he deserves.

Z
04-11-2011, 06:10 PM
I'm actually appalled by that. How can anyone treat their child like that? It's even sadder that she doesn't even seem like she did anything wrong - obviously we don't have the full context of why he chose to beat her that time, but she doesn't come across as the type of person to talk back or cause trouble; he said something about her lying and cheating in that video... what the **** man...

CharlieO
04-11-2011, 06:27 PM
It happens everyday, everywhere and its why child abuse is illegal. She isn't the only one, hopefully it'll make people realise more about awareness and stuff.

Ammi
04-11-2011, 06:39 PM
I'd like to see him spend some time in prison and let the inmates show him what a big man he is...see how he feels to be defenseless

Pyramid*
04-11-2011, 06:44 PM
It happens everyday, everywhere and its why child abuse is illegal. She isn't the only one, hopefully it'll make people realise more about awareness and stuff.

spot on.

It's not new, it happens as you say, far more than people realise - and it's not until footage such as this is released, that people see how bad it is - behind closed doors, with parents that are meant to be respectable pillars of society.

As much as you get the old story about "they were abused as a child and that's why they did that, it was what they grew up with" (crap) for every story like that, there the opposite side of the coin: ie; why some cannot understand why people find amusement in bullying, ganging up, or any type of such violence on others - and why some feel so very passionate about those type of things being regarded as amusing, even if it's done in some 'apparently' amusing manner.

I felt physically sick when I saw this clip. The daughter is a better person that I, in that she appears able to forgive.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
04-11-2011, 06:53 PM
i only got hit once as a child and that wasnt with a belt or anything and it was just one hit this guy looks like he is enjoying it he hit her like 50 times or something and i kind of deserved it actually i was about 7 and i told my mum to **** off and die in the middle of poundstretcher because she wouldnt buy me this fire engine thing so he smacked me on my leg and it really hurt and i was crying and everything and she felt really guilty so she bought it for me in the end :joker:

CharlieO
04-11-2011, 07:05 PM
i only got hit once as a child and that wasnt with a belt or anything and it was just one hit this guy looks like he is enjoying it he hit her like 50 times or something and i kind of deserved it actually i was about 7 and i told my mum to **** off and die in the middle of poundstretcher because she wouldnt buy me this fire engine thing so he smacked me on my leg and it really hurt and i was crying and everything and she felt really guilty so she bought it for me in the end :joker:

Not really the tone thats appropriate.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
04-11-2011, 07:07 PM
my thread so its whatever tone i want it to be

http://i.imgur.com/UA8cE.jpg?2560

and its relevant so hush

CharlieO
04-11-2011, 07:10 PM
It is not relevant. It is a story narrated in a hideous vulgar way comparing your selfish materialistic self to people who actually go through abuse. Its disgusting really.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
04-11-2011, 07:13 PM
thats nice dear

Pyramid*
04-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Not really the tone thats appropriate.

I could not agree more

my thread so its whatever tone i want it to be

and its relevant so hush

Nice to see you understand the difference between very sick and inappropriate humour on a thread that you put up, showing very serious abuse.

It is not relevant. It is a story narrated in a hideous vulgar way comparing your selfish materialistic self to people who actually go through abuse. Its disgusting really.

Totally agree Charlie, and I could not have worded it better myself.

InOne
04-11-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm actually appalled by that. How can anyone treat their child like that? It's even sadder that she doesn't even seem like she did anything wrong - obviously we don't have the full context of why he chose to beat her that time, but she doesn't come across as the type of person to talk back or cause trouble; he said something about her lying and cheating in that video... what the **** man...

Over downloading music illegally :bored: Apparently the father didn't know much about the net and was wary of it. So treated it like it was mortal sin or something.

Iceman
04-11-2011, 07:21 PM

Not really, he's revealing something about a similar instance (okay not to the max that this is)

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
04-11-2011, 07:26 PM
thankyou :hmph:

Pyramid*
04-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Not really, he's revealing something about a similar instance (okay not to the max that this is)

there is nothing remotely similar to a petulant child being smacked on the leg for being a spoilt little child and a mother giving into the child's demands....and a father beating absolute hell out of his daughter - regardless of the reason for it. Not one iota of similarity at all.

Scott is making light, and making fun out of a very serious matter - because he thought it was funny - and the very point I made in my earlier post - there is nothing amusing to discuss on this thread given the OP and the subject matter.

Iceman
04-11-2011, 07:28 PM
there is nothing remotely similar to a petulant child being smacked on the leg for being a spoilt little child and a mother giving into the child's demands....and a father beating absolute hell out of his daughter - regardless of the reason for it. Not one iota of similarity at all.

Scott is making light, and making fun out of a very serious matter - because he thought it was funny - and the very point I made in my earlier post - there is nothing amusing to discuss on this thread given the OP and the subject matter.

Nothing wrong here, bad taste maybe but thats it. All abuse is linked, maybe you dont see smacking as abuse but I do, maybe it's the generation gap, your generation was allowed to get smacked no?

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
04-11-2011, 07:33 PM
omg that post was really profound -edits-

i was making light out of that fact that my mum did buy me the toy in the end so she obviously felt bad about what she did and regretted it straight away whereas the guy in the video didn't even regret it years later and didnt see anything wrong with what he did to his daughter so it is relevant

Pyramid*
04-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Nothing wrong here, bad taste maybe but thats it. All abuse is linked, maybe you dont see smacking as abuse but I do, maybe it's the generation gap, your generation was allowed to get smacked no?

Clearly you have no idea.

Look again at the video. I understand the video only too well. You get my drift.

A quick smack on the legs for a spoilt child throwing a tantrum because he's not getting what he wants - is a whole different ball game.

Scott's post making light of abuse - which is exactly what he was doing...I find highly offensive, and if you as a moderator cannot see why, it beggars belief.

Pyramid*
04-11-2011, 07:38 PM
omg that post was really profound -edits-

i was making light out of that fact that my mum did buy me the toy in the end so she obviously felt bad about what she did and regretted it straight away whereas the guy in the video didn't even regret it years later and didnt see anything wrong with what he did to his daughter so it is relevant

Exactly...you were making light of a situation that is far from funny Scott - and thinking it was funny - regardless of who you offend by doing so.

Iceman
04-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Clearly you have no idea.

Look again at the video. I understand the video only too well. You get my drift.

A quick smack on the legs for a spoilt child throwing a tantrum because he's not getting what he wants - is a whole different ball game.

Scott's post making light of abuse - which is exactly what he was doing...I find highly offensive, and if you as a moderator cannot see why, it beggars belief.

I watched the video its horrific. I still say any kind of slapping is abuse, i would never slap a kid cause it weakens the relationship and can affect people long term.

Clearly you find it okay though, like I said different generations...........

Iceman
04-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Exactly...you were making light of a situation that is far from funny Scott - and thinking it was funny - regardless of who you offend by doing so.

making light of his own situation not the video, read stuff thoroughly before posting a snide remark please.

CharlieO
04-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Once again the differentiation of seriousness between the two occurrences quite disgusts me. As someone who's been through situations extremely similar if not worse to the poor girl in the video it offended me and I reacted to it with my beliefs.

Abuse is not about physical pain. It is the oppression one is put under mentally. I understand that and to compare a smack on the leg as mentally damaging because a child didn't get a toy is in no way similar and it is disgusting to say that one could be as damaged as children who go through real abuse.

Iceman
04-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Once again the differentiation of seriousness between the two occurrences quite disgusts me. As someone who's been through situations extremely similar if not worse to the poor girl in the video it offended me and I reacted to it with my beliefs.

Abuse is not about physical pain. It is the oppression one is put under mentally. I understand that and to compare a smack on the leg as mentally damaging because a child didn't get a toy is in no way similar and it is disgusting to say that one could be as damaged as children who go through real abuse.

Okay but that's your view. I find all forms of this terrible. I understand what you're saying but I agree with what Scott said, i just dont think any form of hitting kids is good, wether it be a smack or worse.

Pyramid*
04-11-2011, 07:51 PM
making light of his own situation not the video, read stuff thoroughly before posting a snide remark please.

I have made no snide remark. You will find that I used the very same words that Scott used, 'making light'.... yet you don't pull him up on offering snide remarks.

I have reported this anyway as I find it offensive, and I am not alone in finding it to be so.

Iceman
04-11-2011, 07:53 PM
I have made no snide remark. You will find that I used the very same words that Scott used, 'making light'.... yet you don't pull him up on offering snide remarks.

I have reported this anyway as I find it offensive, and I am not alone in finding it to be so.

I know I read it and guess what.............im not infracting myself :laugh2:

CharlieO
04-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Okay but that's your view. I find all forms of this terrible. I understand what you're saying but I agree with what Scott said, i just dont think any form of hitting kids is good, wether it be a smack or worse.

But Scott was not proclaiming about how he found all forms terrible. He was making light of an issue which isn't one to be laughed at.

I understand your opinion entirely but Scott's story was inappropriate as it was laughing about a situation which you and he proclaim as similar.

Iceman
04-11-2011, 07:55 PM
But Scott was not proclaiming about how he found all forms terrible. He was making light of an issue which isn't one to be laughed at.

I understand your opinion entirely but Scott's story was inappropriate as it was laughing about a situation which you and he proclaim as similar.

I think he made light of it as to not want sympathy or anything like that, I found it relevant to the thread and so did another Mod who had a look, like i said maybe not the best comparison but a comparison none the less. I completely understand what you're saying though.

CharlieO
04-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Relevant to the very edge of the topic realms, yes. However, relevant to the tone; there is no way that one could say it was fitting.

Pyramid*
04-11-2011, 08:00 PM
I think he made light of it as to not want sympathy or anything like that, I found it relevant to the thread and so did another Mod who had a look, like i said maybe not the best comparison but a comparison none the less. I completely understand what you're saying though.

therefore the fact that not one but two members find it highly offensive - have said this on this very thread, have explained why they do, yet it matters not a jot - and you as a moderator, take the opportunity to address such a matter, by laughing at a forum member who has explained clearly why they find such flippant comments highly offensive. It simply beggars belief.

Iceman
04-11-2011, 08:01 PM
therefore the fact that not one but two members find it highly offensive - have said this on this very thread, have explained why they do, yet it matters not a jot - and you as a moderator, take the opportunity to address such a matter, by laughing at a forum member who has explained clearly why they find such flippant comments highly offensive. It simply beggars belief.

Got 2 other Mods to have a look and oh look at this its still open, I see your 2 and raise you 2.

CharlieO
04-11-2011, 08:08 PM
It is not about majority. I am sure the majority of members want argument threads kept but mods see that some may find it offensive and off putting so they close it. I am not asking for this to be closed but to just disregard our opinions and feelings on this topic is highly irresponsible. Mods should be ambassadors of the forum and middlemen helping out members not taking sides and making it into a competition as to who can get more on their side.

CharlieO
04-11-2011, 08:10 PM
I cannot speak for Pyramid but my feelings on this topic are extremely strong because I know what it is like to be exposed to that kind of abuse and I do not appreciate people making light of those kinds of situations.

Iceman
04-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Im sorry that's happened you Charlie but I wasnt making light of anything and I dont think Scott was intentionally trying to be nasty....as for my 2 for 2 I was trying to point out just cause she see's 2 people doing something she thinks she's in the right.....

CharlieO
04-11-2011, 08:18 PM
I don't think Scott was trying to be nasty at all (on this occasion). However a little more consideration from forum members for others feelings would go a long way.

And I do not want sympathy just more awareness and understanding of how serious these matters can be.

Iceman
04-11-2011, 08:21 PM
I don't think Scott was trying to be nasty at all (on this occasion). However a little more consideration from forum members for others feelings would go along way.

Yeah I totally get that and im sure people will do that.

Pyramid*
04-11-2011, 08:23 PM
It is not about majority. I am sure the majority of members want argument threads kept but mods see that some may find it offensive and off putting so they close it. I am not asking for this to be closed but to just disregard our opinions and feelings on this topic is highly irresponsible. Mods should be ambassadors of the forum and middlemen helping out members not taking sides and making it into a competition as to who can get more on their side.

I cannot speak for Pyramid but my feelings on this topic are extremely strong because I know what it is like to be exposed to that kind of abuse and I do not appreciate people making light of those kinds of situations.

Im sorry that's happened you Charlie but I wasnt making light of anything and I dont think Scott was intentionally trying to be nasty....as for my 2 for 2 I was trying to point out just cause she see's 2 people doing something she thinks she's in the right.....

'She' has a name Eoin.

And like Charlie, I have the same reason for why I completely agree with Charlie's comments.

Iceman
04-11-2011, 08:28 PM
'She' has a name Eoin.

And like Charlie, I have the same reason for why I completely agree with Charlie's comments.

Good for you, i've resolved any issue I had with anyone in this thread, dont see why you need to keep going.

Shaun
04-11-2011, 08:52 PM
oh dear

Scarlett.
04-11-2011, 09:32 PM
From Pyramid's reaction I though Scott had told a really distasteful joke about it :s

Shaun
04-11-2011, 10:04 PM
honestly? Some people could fart and she'd have us hung, drawn and quartered for contributing to methane emissions.