PDA

View Full Version : Kate a DJ???

chilledbootz
19-08-2002, 08:52 PM
Just found this on ananova...........

Ananova:

Big Brother winner in a spin

Kate Lawler has landed a stint as a radio DJ.

She is to fill in for Steve Penk on his late-night slot for a five day run on the Capital FM network.

Kate begins her first three-hour show, on Sunday September 1, and it will be her first job since leaving the Big Brother house and landing the £70,000 prize.

"It's wicked, I never thought I'd end up being a radio DJ," she said.

"I grew up listening to Capital, it's weird to think in a couple of weeks I'm going to be broadcasting on it."

Capital FM programme controller Ric Blaxill said: "Kate is perfect for Capital FM.

"She's young, witty, intelligent and up for it. I think she'll be a big hit with the listeners. The late night slot will be perfect for Kate's energetic personality too."

Capital FM Network stations include 95.8 Capital FM in London, BRMB in Birmingham Invicta in Kent and Red Dragon in Cardiff and south Wales.

bonzobravo
31-08-2002, 10:24 PM
Remember Kate starts her Capital FM stint tomorow!!

bonzobravo
01-09-2002, 09:40 PM
Don't forget Kate is on capital fm now, and you can listen to it live on their website!

bonzobravo
01-09-2002, 10:10 PM
Just listened to her for 15 minutes. But the connection kept on being lost.

She seemed very cheerful, slightly nervous but she was alrightish.

Her voice seems a little too pronounced though. Anyway I hope she gets somthing decent out of this. I quite like Kate, I think?

Kaz
01-09-2002, 10:18 PM
Still listening Bonzo. :thumbs: She's doing quite well.

Kate's now been joined by Spencer .......... surprise, surprise! :laugh:

bonzobravo
01-09-2002, 10:22 PM
Kaz u know what a massive Spanky fan I am plz tell me more or I will hyperventilate.........

Ok I will calm down now!!!!

Kaz
01-09-2002, 10:30 PM
Deep breaths, Bonzo, there's a good chap! :love:

Kate has been chatting away to Spencer - they seem like great mates - including about him playing in a cricket match, but said he hadn't got any 'whites' or a box to protect himself. :blush:

He replied that he was only a substitute and only played for about 10 minutes, and they weren't the sort of thing that you carried about with you. :laugh:

She also said she'd missed out on going away with her friends because she had to do this radio show - she was gutted at missing out on the holiday, but really pleased she was doing the show - and was going to ring her pals in half an hour to see how they were. :thumbs:

bonzobravo
01-09-2002, 10:35 PM
Thanks Kaz

Anymore details?

xx

bonzobravo
02-09-2002, 12:10 AM
Kaz I listened a bit more they seem very friendly?

A caller asked Kate who did she prefer Spencer or Duncan the w**ker from Blue?

She said Spencer.

I have to say I have had one b**tard of a day, so this made me smile for 7 minutes, so thanks Kaz.

I think I may go back to being melancholy!

bonzobravo
02-09-2002, 12:21 AM
Apparently, according to other sources. They said they have spent the last few days together, and Spencer was playing cricket for Kates dad cricket team.

Love is in the air?

If only they could let me watch?

Sorry I am getting carried away, but it's hard not too with Spencer......

Kaz
02-09-2002, 09:02 AM
Sorry Bonzo, I didn't listen for much longer after I posted up about the conversation with Spencer. I'm afraid I needed my beauty sleep. :sleep:

However, I did hear Kate say that Jade had sent her a text wishing her good luck for the show tonight - bless her. Kate then said 'Thanks, you chipstick' then, in a broad Geordie accent 'Only jokin, pet'. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

She was understandably a bit nervous to start off, but once she relaxed she really was quite good. I'll try to tune in again tonight. :thumbs:

Sticks
02-09-2002, 11:34 AM
Is this available on the web ?

if so where and what time ?

bonzobravo
02-09-2002, 11:39 AM
It's on Capital FM if you live in the London region 98.5 FM, or alternatively go to:

http://www.capitalfm.com/webClient?guid=35

Kate's show will be from 10pm to 1am

Her show lasts a week I think!

sweetlittlesara
02-09-2002, 07:01 PM
Capital fm is 95.8 not 98.5 :thumbs:

Its also on other radios on the capital fm network which i cant really remember except red dragon in wales and southern fm in brighton area

Di2001
02-09-2002, 09:08 PM
I'm listening to Kate now via the Internet.

Missed her show last nite but she has said she was nervous last nite and hopes to enjoy herself more tonite.

From what I've heard so far she sounds very good - very at ease.

:dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler:

Tonto1278
02-09-2002, 10:04 PM
Yea I'm listening now and shes doing very well!!!