PDA

View Full Version : Channel 5 is set to renew contract

Black Dagger
10-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Showmakers Endemol UK are ready to sign a new *contract with Channel 5 after the reality series proved a hit in its new home.

And the contract will include plans for two Celebrity Big *Brother series a year, starting with another one this summer

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/vie...etting-bigger/

joeysteele
10-02-2012, 11:31 PM
None of that would surprise me at all, I feel Channel 5 are largely ignoring the ratings BB got on Channel 4 and are looking at how they build on the ratings they have had for it so far which for Channel 5 have been good.

If it happens and I believe it will, it's really good news.

SSL2012
10-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Nothing about the normal bb however.

2 celeb versions is overkill, and will damage the celebs they can attract imo. As winning the show won't feel as credible, and the media may even give it less coverage.

Then again it's clear they'll offer huge fee's, which should attract names that people have at least heard of.
I'll safely say an xfactor scandal act will be on at least 1 of them regularly every year, after they've made their headlines etc.

So as it stands

I'd say Jan 2013 CBB

May-July/early Aug BB

End of Aug/Sept CBB

According to the article its going to get bigger. So perhaps more live feed, increased advertising etc. = win :D

Black Dagger
10-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Yeah I see them potentially axing Big Brother and just having two Zeleb versions a year, can't be doing with more TOWIE cast-members though :bored:

King Gizzard
10-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Was somehow impossibly thinking CH4 would have a uturn and re-sign it :bawling:

in my dreams.

Marsh.
10-02-2012, 11:48 PM
I think i'm ready to bail on it now. I can just about manage one celeb series a year. And I'm gonna give BB13 a go, like I did with BB12 even though I gave up after a couple of weeks but if they're gonna churn it out constantly to kill it even further then I'm just going to stop before I hate it more than I already do.

Ramsay
10-02-2012, 11:50 PM
I really dont want 2 celeb versions a year
Should just have 1 normal and 1 celeb a year

Jords
10-02-2012, 11:51 PM
Over-kill.

2 X CBB or 1 x CBB + 1 x BB make up yo mind.

King Gizzard
10-02-2012, 11:51 PM
If I had it my way I'd just have the 1 summer show and that's it

Jack_
10-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Well I think we all saw this coming - two CBB's a year that is.

Disappointing really, but that's C5.

Scotty07
11-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Unfortunately I can only see more of those awful reality show types like TOWIE, Karaoke Factor rejects, ex soap actors/actresses, the latest nobody to have had an affair with a zeleb/sportsman/politician, and the usual glamour model bores.

If lucky I'll get the odd has been witty Brit that stands out from the rest and the odd American big name, these being the reason I would still watch CBB.

Omah
11-02-2012, 12:07 AM
None of that would surprise me at all, I feel Channel 5 are largely ignoring the ratings BB got on Channel 4 and are looking at how they build on the ratings they have had for it so far which for Channel 5 have been good.

The ratings for CBB on C5 may have been good, averaging 2.5m, but the ratings for BB, averaging 1.6m, were decidly nondescript ..... ;)

Omah
11-02-2012, 12:14 AM
I see them potentially axing Big Brother and just having two Zeleb versions a year, can't be doing with more TOWIE cast-members though :bored:

Yeah, the fees will go up and the celebrity "factor" will go down ..... :laugh2:

Omah
11-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Unfortunately I can only see more of those awful reality show types like TOWIE, Karaoke Factor rejects, ex soap actors/actresses, the latest nobody to have had an affair with a zeleb/sportsman/politician, and the usual glamour model bores.

If lucky I'll get the odd has been witty Brit that stands out from the rest and the odd American big name.

Yeah, that about sums it up ..... :(

swinearefine
11-02-2012, 12:40 AM
If they axe regular BB I'm not watching anymore. The only CBBs I've enjoyed have been CBB4 & CBB9.

DigitalSid
11-02-2012, 01:33 AM
The ratings for CBB on C5 may have been good, averaging 2.5m, but the ratings for BB, averaging 1.6m, were decidly nondescript ..... ;)

The fans prefer the main show though and it's us that get it trending worldwide every night, vote hundreds of times and read the interviews (and crash DS more than X Factor's fans, which gets more viewers).

Plus it got 1.6m a *night*, most their other shows don't get that a week.

DigitalSid
11-02-2012, 01:38 AM
If they axe regular BB I'm not watching anymore.
I won't watch it as much as I used to and I won't talk about it much as much.

The only CBBs I've enjoyed have been CBB4 & CBB9.
CBB4, CBB3 and CBB9 and for me. I've enjoyed every normal BB except BB8 and BB4. I'm rewatching CBB4 at the moment.

BB IS ALIVE
11-02-2012, 09:37 AM
I think I'll take this news with a pinch of salt. It is in the Daily Star after all.

Saph
11-02-2012, 09:42 AM
So is there no more normal BB?

Me. I Am Salman
11-02-2012, 09:46 AM
They should just stick to
Jan -CBB &
July-Early Sept - BB

Best way .

jackc1806
11-02-2012, 10:15 AM
I think I'll take this news with a pinch of salt. It is in the Daily Star after all.

They got loads of stuff wrong about CBB9

Omah
11-02-2012, 10:28 AM
They got loads of stuff wrong about CBB9

Dirty Desmond owns C5 and the Star, so it's unlikely that any "mistakes" were accidental ..... ;)

Tregard
11-02-2012, 11:08 AM
>Daily Star

Ahahahah!

Suze
11-02-2012, 12:10 PM

C5 is well into reality shows, and I think for them they see the Celeb BB's as more profitable than the ordinary BBs, as they can do Celeb spin off shows from the more popular/or percieved as more popular Celebs. C5 love giving us trash TV. The more trashy and/or media ***** the Celeb, the more profitable for them I suppose they hope.

reece(:
11-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Overkill.

Me. I Am Salman
11-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Dirty Desmond owns C5 and the Star, so it's unlikely that any "mistakes" were accidental ..... ;)

isnt it funny how he owns all the cheap tacky stuff

Visage
11-02-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm happy with more CBB more because it's only on for 3 weeks, so it doesn't take up that much time.

joeysteele
11-02-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm happy with more CBB more because it's only on for 3 weeks, so it doesn't take up that much time.

I agree with you, I would be happy with that and I also believe in time we will only have the CBB series anyway.

The article does say though BB will be renewed and that there will be an 'additional' CBB done later in the year too not 'instead' of the normal BB.

As I said before,I think Channel 5 are totally ignoring the ratings previously for Channel 4, the 2.5m for CBB and 1.6m for BB are still good for Channel 5, they likely believe they can improve on those and even 1.6m.(totally ignoring the channel 4 ratings in the past), are a strong base indeed to build on.

Patrick
11-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Normal BB or ****

Honestly, I would actually cry if they do this and I think they will - just ****** us all over and please the morons who prefer watching Celebrities.
They must not axe Big Brother - I can't even describe how wrong it'd be.

Patrick
11-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Two CBB's a year is just taking the piss - and they're going to run out of Z Listers to go into it tbh.

This is why BB12 failed because it arrived JUST after CBB8 - so if they're going to do:

January: CBB10
May: CBB11
June: BB14

Then it will fail and be over kill, and it will be the Summer Series that suffers from it.

Patrick
11-02-2012, 02:59 PM
If I had it my way I'd just have the 1 summer show and that's it

Agree.

Also this article is broke now, wut?

Me. I Am Salman
11-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Two CBB's a year is just taking the piss - and they're going to run out of Z Listers to go into it tbh.

This is why BB12 failed because it arrived JUST after CBB8 - so if they're going to do:

Then it will fail and be over kill, and it will be the Summer Series that suffers from it.

IKR!! They're pushing it.
C5 are turning it into a regular on their schedule
Gets rid of the anticipation :suspect:

g17m
11-02-2012, 03:20 PM

it wont be CBB10 in january, if the star is correct :joker: then it will be cbb10 sometime this year, before or after bb13, then cbb11 in jan, and bb14 summer 2013

dizzy bint
11-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Agree.

Also this article is broke now, wut?

Looks like its been removed, and I hadn't even looked at it :bawling:

MTVN
11-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Hmm I'd quite like two celeb versions a year but I don't want normal BB to be sacrificed for it, also think it'll do more harm to the show than good, I know CBB gets decent ratings but I can't think of any similar show that airs more than once a year ; IAC, the Apprentice etc. will probably mean the celebs we see on there will get gradually worse too

Suze
11-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Looks like its been removed, and I hadn't even looked at it :bawling:

Here's (http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/big-brother/73100-channel-5-set-to-renew-big-brother-contract-for-several-years.html) a link to the news article, on the Tellymix site.

SharkAttack
11-02-2012, 05:10 PM
They should just stick to
Jan -CBB &
July-Early Sept - BB

Best way .

This, but Mid-June to Mid-Sept -BB

Jarrod
11-02-2012, 05:51 PM
I think this is all because of the Olympics. They might be having a smart moment and airing Celebrity Big Brother 10 in June before the Olympics, and then Big Brother 13 in September after the Olympics finish?

dizzy bint
11-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Here's (http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/big-brother/73100-channel-5-set-to-renew-big-brother-contract-for-several-years.html) a link to the news article, on the Tellymix site.

Thank you :hugesmile:

As others have said, they have to be careful of overkill, but for C5 BB is purely a commercial venture.

Jordan.
11-02-2012, 06:19 PM
We don't need another celeb series :bored:

Vodka Drinka
11-02-2012, 06:24 PM
I'd rather C5 focussed their attentions on the civillian Big Brother than churn out yet another CBB this year!

DigitalSid
11-02-2012, 07:12 PM

It will probably be January CBB, May BB and Aug or Sept CBB if they decide to do what they do this year, so if it is over kill it should effect the summer CBB. The article says it includes two CBBs rather than there being two CBBs and that's it, so I think we'll have to wait till they announce it to know what they're doing. Hopefully Endemol will talk them into doing both like this year.

DigitalSid
11-02-2012, 07:31 PM
I think this is all because of the Olympics.
I think that's why thought of it, because BB13 will have to be shorter this year because of the Olympics and they want they wanted a 13 week series.

They might be having a smart moment and airing Celebrity Big Brother 10 in June before the Olympics, and then Big Brother 13 in September after the Olympics finish?
I think BB13 will be first.

starry
12-02-2012, 08:43 AM

They want their version of I'm a Celeb that they can run like clockwork according to a very predictable format every year.

According to the article its going to get bigger. So perhaps more live feed, increased advertising etc. = win :D

The Daily Star says it will be bigger, they said plenty of good things about BB12 in the months before it happened as well.