PDA

View Full Version : Finders Keepers...couple find £21k on their doorstep

Ammi
17-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Lancashire couple Ian Roberts and Pam Curtis who found £21,000 on their doorstep have been allowed to keep the unclaimed cash.

The retired couple discovered the £21,480 windfall in £20 notes on their front porch last month.

Stashed in a plastic bag and tucked inside a wicker basket, the retired couple from Lytham St Annes, Lancashire, gave the money to police because there was no note indicating who it was from or what it was for.

After going unclaimed for 28 days it has been returned to them.

They think the money was left as an anonymous contribution towards the £400,000 redevelopment of a local park.

Mr Roberts is the chairman and Mrs Curtis the secretary of the committee which is raising funds for Hope Street Park, and they will now transfer the money from their account to the project.

Mr Roberts said: "We called the police because it was such a large amount and they said they would take it away and make some inquiries.

"They said there was a slim possibility it could be drug money, but we have always believed this was probably some old dear who wanted to help with the redevelopment of the park."

The couple put a note in their front window thanking the anonymous donor for a "hugely generous" contribution to the redevelopment.

Asked if they realised straight away how much money was in the plastic bag, Mr Roberts said: "How many times have you seen £21,000?

"We had no idea until Pam started counting. At first she said it could be £5,000.

"We hope that this will be a rallying cry for more people to come forward and donate money for the park. Until now the largest individual donation we had received was £150."

A spokesman for Lancashire Police said: "They did the correct thing by notifying the police after discovering the money, which has now been returned to them."

...first the watch...now the cash...what is it with £21000

Ok Livia......I'm awaiting instructions.......

Marc
17-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Aw that's good news for them but clearly somebody has died :laugh:

Ammi
17-02-2012, 04:26 PM
...they'll most likely find the baby on the doorstep tomorrow...it's probably the uni fund

Marc
17-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Indeed! My masters will cost a bomb.. so I shan't be doing it! :hmph:

Patrick
17-02-2012, 04:29 PM
:laugh2: Those two ******ing bellends.
They find 21 Grand on their doorstep and they're going to put it towards a silly little park?

Jesus Christ.

Marc
17-02-2012, 04:31 PM
It's not theirs Patrick :nono:

Livia
17-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Ok Livia......I'm awaiting instructions.......

My instructions: if someone leaves £21,000 on your doorstep, stick it in your sky-rocket and keep schtum. And incidentally, it'd be rude not to share it with your mates.

Ammi
17-02-2012, 06:07 PM
My instructions: if someone leaves £21,000 on your doorstep, stick it in your sky-rocket and keep schtum. And incidentally, it'd be rude not to share it with your mates.

..of course...goes without saying, I've got your share worked out already..
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJfPrJXu9cMsPSSxPxsouCu2lU5HwnS C1hEoZ13WeWeFFayG79
.....the carrier bag

Harry!
17-02-2012, 06:09 PM
If I found a huge sum of money, I would take it to the police and if not claimed I would give some to charity. Some for myself of course.

Ammi
17-02-2012, 06:12 PM
If I found a huge sum of money, I would take it to the police and if not claimed I would give some to charity. Some for myself of course.
Yes, they did hand it in and were given it back...they presume it was a donation for a fundraising project, so they have given it to that fund......commendable really, they could have just kept it for themselves....without breaking the law

Tom4784
17-02-2012, 06:43 PM
I wouldn't go nowhere near it, if you find such a large amount of money then chances are it's linked to something dodgy.

Locke.
17-02-2012, 06:46 PM
The gangsters will come knocking now that the media have told them who have their money

Patrick
17-02-2012, 06:46 PM
The gangsters will come knocking now that the media have told them who have their money

:joker:

Patrick
17-02-2012, 06:47 PM
I bet Derek Branning is involved in all this somehow, has to be.

Livia
17-02-2012, 06:49 PM
..of course...goes without saying, I've got your share worked out already..
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJfPrJXu9cMsPSSxPxsouCu2lU5HwnS C1hEoZ13WeWeFFayG79
.....the carrier bag

There'd better be a Tiffany's box in that bag...

Ammi
17-02-2012, 06:53 PM
There'd better be a Tiffany's box in that bag...

,,,you can't buy anything at Tiffany's for £21000 these days...but of course I wouldn't give you an empty bag...silly..and I know you have a sweet tooth.....just for you

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJUoZX5VbZ3iLKn8d4n1ougFK5P3ZmN Cw6AbKYyJFGRsRSLuXUQw

Ninastar
17-02-2012, 06:53 PM
i wonder if smithy knows them

Livia
17-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Thanks Ammi. You just wait till someone leaves all that cash on my doorstep. I'll buy you something wonderful and make you feel bad.

Ammi
17-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Thanks Ammi. You just wait till someone leaves all that cash on my doorstep. I'll buy you something wonderful and make you feel bad.

Aww, now I feel bad.....I'd get you a lovely Tiffany bracelet...the real thing..

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyr3-JMhWHBbDqkEEo8eu34kadqmR_rAJXeqYpfZsfswk6A2hb

...oh...when you've got a minute..have a look at my blog...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBgxrBBU705nft0vFX2AKdlBwVNc5Hx FjMXi34FsD8JjIOCNpr

Livia
17-02-2012, 07:23 PM
The box says "Tiffany & Co", but I'm thinking "Elizabeth Duke".

Ammi
17-02-2012, 07:47 PM
The box says "Tiffany & Co", but I'm thinking "Elizabeth Duke".

...LOL..as if I would...when I was googling pictures there was a self help book came up called 'Humped and Dumped'.....LOL...that's supposed to make you feel better

OT..I'm going crazy trying to put a background picture on my wall..that type of thing drives me crazy.. I'm rubbish with technology