PDA

View Full Version : I actually forgot BB panto was a proper series...

daniel-lewis-1985
17-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Where they all lived together and bitched like a regular BB series.

Its actually really good :) Jade being her usual self "Your a bit butch aint ya" to Kitten hahah!
2VupaVrIDvA&feature=related

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but cant find where to put it.

For some reason i allways remembered it being a one off.

Jords
17-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Were they acting or what? Why was it panto? :laugh:

Jords
17-03-2012, 11:12 PM
-always wondered that but cba to ask-

Patrick
17-03-2012, 11:16 PM
OMG LOUIE SPENCE WAS ALIVE BACK THEN? :shocked:

Kizzy
17-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Alive back then?....what... do you think he is dead now then?.....

daniel-lewis-1985
17-03-2012, 11:50 PM
Were they acting or what? Why was it panto? :laugh:

They spent like 3 weeks living together with 3 days off to go home for xmas rehearsing for a pantomime which they had to perform on live tv. Its still the same BB and the pantomime is just the task.

Ive just watched a few episodes and its just as raw as the earlier BB's. Victor saying his people dont like gays and Jade calling Kitten butch...All very politically incorrect by todays standards lol.

Jords
17-03-2012, 11:52 PM
oh LOL cheers :D

Omah
17-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Not really :

Big Brother Panto aired from 20 December 2004 to 5 January 2005 and was presented by Jeff Brazier (Goody's boyfriend).

Even before the panto started, there was a revolt over fees - Goody was getting £30k while the rest were getting £5k.

The housemates went home twice, firstly from 23 December to 27 December and secondly from 30 December to 3 January to spend Christmas and New Year at home (so they only "resided" for less than half the time, i.e. 7 out of 16 days)).

Unlike all other Big Brother series, there were no evictions and no winner.

The only public vote was for who played Cinderella - surprise, surprise, Goody won that, despite the obvious candidate being the lovely Anouska.

Everybody (except "Kitten", of course) put in a bit of effort but Goody had to have "extra coaching" because she couldn't be "bovvered".

It was, inevitably, a disaster, but, as usual, Goody got the publicity and the money - she had, of course, previously attemped to win a celebrity series, as a shoe-in for "Back To Reality" (again with with boyfriend Brazier) but the presence of the charismatic (and frequently drunk) James Hewitt put an end to that ambition, despite Goody pulling the "burst ovary" trick!

daniel-lewis-1985
18-03-2012, 02:12 AM
Not really :

Big Brother Panto aired from 20 December 2004 to 5 January 2005 and was presented by Jeff Brazier (Goody's boyfriend).

Even before the panto started, there was a revolt over fees - Goody was getting £30k while the rest were getting £5k.

The housemates went home twice, firstly from 23 December to 27 December and secondly from 30 December to 3 January to spend Christmas and New Year at home (so they only "resided" for less than half the time, i.e. 7 out of 16 days)).

Unlike all other Big Brother series, there were no evictions and no winner.

The only public vote was for who played Cinderella - surprise, surprise, Goody won that, despite the obvious candidate being the lovely Anouska.

Everybody (except "Kitten", of course) put in a bit of effort but Goody had to have "extra coaching" because she couldn't be "bovvered".

It was, inevitably, a disaster, but, as usual, Goody got the publicity and the money - she had, of course, previously attemped to win a celebrity series, as a shoe-in for "Back To Reality" (again with with boyfriend Brazier) but the presence of the charismatic (and frequently drunk) James Hewitt put an end to that ambition, despite Goody pulling the "burst ovary" trick!

I meant i forgot they lived together as housemates so it does resemble a normal series somewhat. I remembered it being just a one off pantomime and that is not the case.

So im not entirely wrong apart from the duration.

No need to go searching the internet for facts lol!!

If you read my original post again i clearly say it resembles a regular BB simply due to the housemates actually living together, thats all.

So anyway in relation to your "Not really" comment about it not being a series you are incorrect as it was an actual series and not just a one off :) It doesnt matter if the format differs from another version of the show.

Patrick
18-03-2012, 02:28 AM
Alive back then?....what... do you think he is dead now then?.....

No but he looks so different - I just never awknlowedged him until recently.

Omah
18-03-2012, 04:26 AM
I meant i forgot they lived together as housemates so it does resemble a normal series somewhat.

Not when they spent more time living apart ..... :joker:

If you read my original post again i clearly say it resembles a regular BB simply due to the housemates actually living together, thats all.

We don't even know if they spent MOST of the time living together - IIRC, there was no LF, so they could have just turned up for an afternoon shoot ..... :rolleyes:

So anyway in relation to your "Not really" comment about it not being a series you are incorrect as it was an actual series and not just a one off :) It doesnt matter if the format differs from another version of the show.

Erm, yes, it does ..... :laugh2:

Is DOI just another version of BGT ..... :laugh3:

daniel-lewis-1985
18-03-2012, 05:49 AM

We don't even know if they spent MOST of the time living together - IIRC, there was no LF, so they could have just turned up for an afternoon shoot ..... :rolleyes:

Erm, yes, it does ..... :laugh2:

Is DOI just another version of BGT ..... :laugh3:

FFS all im saying is when you watch it the episodes are like that of a normal series with the housemates bitching, cooking and im assuming sleeping in the house as stated by programme makers. If not then we can say the same about BB12 due to there being no live feed.

Whats your problem? LOL

Like i stated before i thought that the Big Brother pantomime was just a one of panto and was unaware that it was actually a series of episodes running up to a finale which was them performing the panto live on tv.

Do you actually understand what im saying now or are you going to go away, analyse my response and try and pick things out of context so you can fulfill your boredom and start an argument?

Whay im saying is FACT!

BB Panto was a 1 off SERIES

Are you denying that this was a series, if so i give up.

armand.kay
18-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Was this filmed in the house in elstree?

Omah
18-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Whay im saying is FACT!

BB Panto was a 1 off SERIES

Are you denying that this was a series, if so i give up.

You said "BB panto was a proper series where they all lived together and bitched like a regular BB series."

As I've pointed out, it was nothing like a "regular BB series" ..... :nono:

BTR was far more "regular" :

The 12 contestants spent 3 weeks in a studio built mansion, with no natural sunlight. In the final two weeks, the public voted for their favourite housemate with the two people with the lowest votes every 3/4 nights being put to the housemate vote, where the other contestants has to vote for who they wanted to leave.

There was overnight and afternoon live streaming, too.

The only housemate to leave the house in 3 weeks was Goody, with her notorious "burst ovary" - she soon returned, of course, after an "update" from the producers, with boyfriend Brazier in tow.

:idc:

Omah
18-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Was this filmed in the house in elstree?

No .....

The housemates recorded the series in "The Lodge", was located in Bristol Studios.

The pantomime was performed at a theatre near to Bristol Studios.

Omah
18-03-2012, 10:07 AM
im assuming sleeping in the house as stated by programme makers. If not then we can say the same about BB12 due to there being no live feed.

Without LF, I do ..... ;)

We could also say BB has been "scripted" and "directed" for years, with certain HMs "groomed" for "casting" ..... :laugh2:

reece(:
18-03-2012, 03:06 PM
I thought it was funny and a real refection how Anouska was the only one from BB4. :joker:

Marc
18-03-2012, 03:09 PM
This was so odd.

Didn't they arrive down a shoot?

daniel-lewis-1985
18-03-2012, 03:16 PM
You said "BB panto was a proper series where they all lived together and bitched like a regular BB series."

As I've pointed out, it was nothing like a "regular BB series" ..... :nono:

BTR was far more "regular" :

The 12 contestants spent 3 weeks in a studio built mansion, with no natural sunlight. In the final two weeks, the public voted for their favourite housemate with the two people with the lowest votes every 3/4 nights being put to the housemate vote, where the other contestants has to vote for who they wanted to leave.

There was overnight and afternoon live streaming, too.

The only housemate to leave the house in 3 weeks was Goody, with her notorious "burst ovary" - she soon returned, of course, after an "update" from the producers, with boyfriend Brazier in tow.

:idc:
ERM....But they did all live together and they did bitch, backstab, eat and **** together like they do in a normal series of BB. Thats where its similar.

Im not talking about the format being identical im talking about it resembling a regular series.

For the millionth time i said i thought it was a one off show and not a SERIES of episodes and that is simply what the thread is recognising. I really dont think you know where im coming from.

Im not saying it was exactly the same but that it resembled a regular one with the highlight shows inpaticular taking up the same format.

If you dont understand what im trying to say yet and are just gonna bang on about facts of the format of the summer shows then i give up.

As an example of what im talking about i provide you this nostalgic clip of a very heated argument....Enjoy

r9n3lxkwbFg

Omah
18-03-2012, 04:35 PM
ERM....But they did all live together and they did bitch, backstab, eat and **** together like they do in a normal series of BB. Thats where its similar.

Im not talking about the format being identical im talking about it resembling a regular series.

Im not saying it was exactly the same but that it resembled a regular one with the highlight shows inpaticular taking up the same format.

The BB Panto HMs didn't live together for most of the time, just a few days here and there; there were no nominations; Goody was given preferential, even reverential treatment; there was no competition, so there was no winner; etc., etc.

BTR was far more like "a regular series" of BB than the BB panto ..... :idc:

Even Hell's Kitchen I, which, IIRC, had late-night LF, was far more like "a regular series" of BB ..... :laugh2:

As for "bitch, backstab, eat and **** together", every "reality" show I've seen, from "Sylvania Waters" onwards, has had those "ingredients" ..... :laugh:

Omah
18-03-2012, 04:35 PM
This was so odd.

Didn't they arrive down a shoot?

You may well be right ..... ;)

Bollo
18-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Oh my, I never even knew this existed until now...

Omah
18-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Were they acting or what?

Acting ? No ..... :nono: Performing ? ..... Yes, but badly ..... :eek:

Why was it panto? :laugh:

It was Xmas, Goody was available and the producers thought she was still popular ..... :joker:

daniel-lewis-1985
18-03-2012, 05:31 PM
The BB Panto HMs didn't live together for most of the time, just a few days here and there; there were no nominations; Goody was given preferential, even reverential treatment; there was no competition, so there was no winner; etc., etc.

BTR was far more like "a regular series" of BB than the BB panto ..... :idc:

Even Hell's Kitchen I, which, IIRC, had late-night LF, was far more like "a regular series" of BB ..... :laugh2:

As for "bitch, backstab, eat and **** together", every "reality" show I've seen, from "Sylvania Waters" onwards, has had those "ingredients" ..... :laugh:

You have no idea what im trying to say. You are obviously not reading my posts correctly and instead coming out with all guns blazing spouting facts about rules of the game and throwing smileys around.

Im over discussing this with you, you are obviously someone who has to be right and have the last say.

FYI though Narinder messaged me this on facebook: Yep we had to all sleep there! It was proper bb rules!!!

From someone who was actually involved in the show i know who i agree with.

And fyi again: There was live feed :)

Omah
18-03-2012, 06:43 PM
FYI though Narinder messaged me this on facebook: Yep we had to all sleep there! It was proper bb rules!!!

"all sleep there" but NOT all the time ..... :nono:

"proper bb rules" did NOT apply ..... :nono:

You asked the wrong question, too ..... "did you guys actually sleep in the house or could you just leave" ..... :idc:

And fyi again: There was live feed :)

AFAIK, there wasn't ..... IIRC, On 28 December there was a live show on E4 at 11am where comments and suggestions from the public were read to the housemates and on 5 January 2005 the full performance of the panto was live on E4 ..... ;)

daniel-lewis-1985
18-03-2012, 06:47 PM
"all sleep there" but NOT all the time ..... :nono:

"proper bb rules" did NOT apply ..... :nono:

You asked the wrong question, too ..... "did you guys actually sleep in the house or could you just leave" ..... :idc:

AFAIK, there wasn't ..... IIRC, On 28 December there was a live show on E4 at 11am where comments and suggestions from the public were read to the housemates and on 5 January 2005 the full performance of the panto was live on E4 ..... ;)

This discussion is over.

All i said was that the show resembles a regular show and in regards to me saying it was a "proper" series i meant that it was a series of episodes and not a one off as i previously thought.

Narinder said same BB rules applied when they were in the house and even though they didnt sleep in the house all the time due to going home for xmas and new year they still did stay there.

I never once said they stayed in the house for the whole duration i was simply stating that it resembled a regular BB series to watch in the highlights with narration and housemates coming to the diary room ect. It looks like BB.

I did not "ask the wrong question" to Narinder. I asked if they slept there as you implied that they could have left during the night.

Stop nit picking.

Omah
18-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Oh my, I never even knew this existed until now...

You missed nothing - the general consensus was :

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php/75060-BB-panto?p=1183211#post1183211

22-12-2004 06:03 PM#1
~kaz~

BB panto

OMG this is just so crap, anyone else been watching?

:laugh2:

MTVN
18-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Our very own Admin Kaz there

(it isn't really btw)