PDA

View Full Version : Mort has news about Death (Grimmy to his friends)

Sticks
26-08-2002, 09:31 AM
Mort called a meeting this morning for the whole directorate to finally explain the where abouts of Death (Grim Reaper or Grimmy to his friends).

Apparently Grimmy has gone on secondment to the College of Angels, Seraphs and Cherubs as acting principal. (Now they tell us, especially after I made a fool of myself here thinking Mort had done him in :mad: :blush: )

Originally the secondment was to be for about a few months (Mort thinks it was to cover maternity leave, but that seems unlikely to me if you go by Matthew 22:30). Now the secondment look likely to last indefinitely (or at least they have not told us!!!)

So in accordance with policy, they have had to advertise in the staff newsletter as I mentioned in another thread (http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2139).

Mort says he has put his application in, muttering that he should have been offered it first as he was doing it !!! A number of us have had to bite our lips on this one.

I have managed to obtain a copy of the job description (Attached) As I am human and a mortal being, I can not apply, besides I m only at the grade of AO, like most prophets of doom.

We seem to be living in interesting times in the Chineese sense... :shocked:

Watch this space....

Janette
26-08-2002, 09:34 AM
Huh?

Mairi
26-08-2002, 09:38 AM
Sticks, if you keep going on about death, I may just have to kill you!! :nono:

Sticks
26-08-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by miriam
Sticks, if you keep going on about death, I may just have to kill you!! :nono:

ActuallyI have mostly been going on about his deputy Mort :laugh:

If you noticed the printing error in the job spec, we all did as well. That's Entity Resources for you. :spin:

Princess Pink Pants
26-08-2002, 01:31 PM
Sticks, I worry about you, I really do!

steve_o
26-08-2002, 05:33 PM
The problem with mort which we could do without is he's been flaming well to busy lately. I wish he's just go away and snuff it myself.

Sticks
26-08-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by steve_o
The problem with mort which we could do without is he's been flaming well to busy lately. I wish he's just go away and snuff it myself.

Your telling me !!!

When Mort took over from Grimmy, he decided to up the quotas and start on a productivity drive. He seemed to have got enamoured with new modern business practices and performance related remuneration. He has even started to rewrite our job descriptions and conduct our anual reviews.

If Mort gets the job there will be "no living with him" But even so Better the :devil: you know.

We are all keeping our heads down at the moment because we have no idea what Mort's competition is. like

Exit Frying pan Enter fire

Boris
26-08-2002, 09:18 PM
GOOD GRIEF !

:devil:

blinkinlovely
26-08-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Princess Pink Pants
Sticks, I worry about you, I really do!

agreed Princess!!!

James
28-08-2002, 11:40 AM
Translate this page into cockney:

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2243 (http://www.rinkworks.com/dialect/dialectp.cgi?dialect=cockney&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thisisbigbrother.com%2Fforum% 2Fviewthread.php%3Ftid%3D2243)

Press the "Dialectize" button on the next screen.

Blimey!

Romantic Old Bird
28-08-2002, 12:29 PM
I love the dialectizer! How about what it does to Miriams signature!

Paul: Yer can't make dreams 'appen.
Helen: I know, init?
Paul: They just 'appen. Cor blimey guv, would I lie to you?

Course you wouldn't Mr Clarke!!
:love:

Mairi
28-08-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Romantic old bird
Paul: Yer can't make dreams 'appen.
Helen: I know, init?
Paul: They just 'appen. Cor blimey guv, would I lie to you?

It certainly loses something in the translation, doesn't it? :laugh:

Great fun, though. Thanks, James. :wavey:

Kaz
28-08-2002, 06:55 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Excellent! Cheers for that, James! :thumbs:

I like our two new members:

Romantic Ole Bird and Princess Pink Kegs!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Amy
28-08-2002, 06:57 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh:
:laugh:
:joker: :joker:

This makes me :laugh:
It's very good James :thumbs: :laugh: :thumbs:

Princess pink kegs :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Romantic Old Bird
28-08-2002, 08:00 PM
Oh, and Sticks................

bet you hated this film!!

http://www.ccpusan.co.kr/pds/poster/poster/Death_takes_A_Holiday.jpg

BusyBee
28-08-2002, 08:04 PM
Cheered me up no end James - well done. Perhaps we should have a day when all posts should be done in the member's own dialect.

Sticks
28-08-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Romantic old bird
Oh, and Sticks................

bet you hated this film!!

I have never seen it.

Probably in the days before they appointed Mort as his deputy, although I had heard that Grimmy selected him, himself to be an apprentice.

Sometimes he sends out one of his minions, but for certain VIP's and those who belong to a certain branch of the prestadigitation community, he does the job personaly. Us lesser beings have to settle for one of the minions. Although we are in the same directorate, our team does not interact much with the Life Expiration team.

Any hue, someone from Heralds and Portents team said they saw an arab style entity looking around enquiring about the vacancy. :shocked: They said his name was Azrael, and used to do the job before Grimmy did it. When Mort heard, he went white as a sheet.

But I must not go on as Mort is getting more paranoid we are not working hard enough :bawling:

Better go to bed now as Mort wants us to make early starts, like 07:30 !!!! :sleep:

Sticks
18-10-2002, 06:33 AM
Just so you have the image of Grimmy's job description back. Reposting this here.

We have all been kicked out of the offices while the powers that be make us all open plan so the entire Mortal World Interface directorate can all be on one floor :shocked:

The New Soul Dispersal Team have been given a team party for exceeding quotas, there's no justice in the world :mad:

BTW Mort has got an interview and with the office move is more agitated than normal,. We are all keeping our heads down :shocked: