PDA

View Full Version : The Maggot Shower

Janette
26-08-2002, 09:47 PM
Well, poor Tara has to have the maggot shower!

I'm very impressed with her attitude, she was obviously horrified at the thought but she was up on her feet straight away saying let's get on with it!

Good on you Tara, I don't think Nigel would have been as brave :thumbs:

bonzobravo
26-08-2002, 09:50 PM
Agreed, I was a bit suprised actually I thought it would have been Uri or Nigel.

I am not overly impressed with the show, but will watch it till the end probably. Don't think I'll ever vote though.

My order of faves early on:

1/ Tara
2/ Christine
3/ Rhona
4/ Tony
5/ Nell
6/ Darren
7/ Nigel
8/ Uri

Mairi
26-08-2002, 09:51 PM
I think Tara must have known she was going to be picked as she had her head in her hands the whole time Ant and Dec were announcing who it was going to be!!

I feel sorry for her but, as Janette says, she is being very brave about it.

Who will we have in with the snakes, I wonder? :devil:

Janette
26-08-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by miriam
Who will we have in with the snakes, I wonder? :devil:

I'm hoping that once someone has done a task they're exempt from future ones, because I get this awful feeling that Tara would be up for it again.

As someone with a phobia myself, I think she's being very brave just doing this programme and it would be totally cruel to make her do something that obviously terrifies her!

BigSister
27-08-2002, 05:59 PM
I think Tara is being brave and I was shocked when I found out she was doing it

Still I think good on her

:elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

Princess Pink Pants
27-08-2002, 06:07 PM
I dont think Tara's phobias that bad at all!

Im terrified of spiders and if I went to a hypnotherapist and he said that they were gonna bring a spider in the room I would have jumped up and stood by the door, ready to run!

& when he said to close my eyes I'd be to scared and paranoid in case he brought a spider near me while I had my eyes closed!

Tara wasnt scared at all!! I think they were just trying to fill up time on the show!

I'd be worried enought about going to somewhere like Australia at all even in the cities in case of spiders, but Tara agreed to go in the outback for 2 weeks even before she'd had her hypnotherapy!

Im sorry but I just don't buy it at all!!

Di2001
27-08-2002, 06:18 PM
:colour: :colour: :colour:

I'm quite enjoying this programme.

I know it sounds cruel but I'm looking forward to seeing the Maggot Shower tonight!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Princess Pink Pants
27-08-2002, 06:23 PM
What else will there be showers of? Is there a spider 1? Coz tat would be like a horror movie for me!!

Janette
27-08-2002, 06:31 PM
Don't forget, there's an extra programme on tonight at 10pm on ITV2 showing extra footage and interviews with the celebrities :thumbs:

Amy
27-08-2002, 06:40 PM
I was quite :shocked: it was Tara who is going to face this, i thought it would be Christine or Uri :wavey:

Amy
27-08-2002, 09:19 PM
I think Tara did well tonight! She seemed very scared and did well to stick it out :wavey:

Janette
27-08-2002, 09:34 PM
Well to quote a well known phrase, "What a difference a day makes!"

Rhona has turned into Moaning Minnie, Nigel's become Mr Bossy Boots, and Darren has turned into a total prat! (Ok nothing new there) :hugesmile:

I've decided that I'm going to change my allegience to Christine, she was the only one to make the point that Tara had gone through hell just so they could have a nice meal and not one person had thanked her!

Go Christine :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Mairi
27-08-2002, 09:46 PM
Tara did SO well tonight. The poor girl was absolutely terrified.

I'm really glad she wasn't picked for the snakes tomorrow. I think that would have been just too cruel. It will be interesting to see how Nigel copes with them!!

I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying this programme. :thumbs:

Amy
27-08-2002, 09:47 PM
I thought Christine was great tonight :thumbs:
Nigel, Nigel, Nigel, i am slowly going off the guy rapidly :nono:
Rhona should relax and ignore what is said, granted it must be hard, but it's only day two!!!!!
I wonder how Nigel will take to the snakes tomorrow :laugh:

susieq
27-08-2002, 09:49 PM
I must admit I've watched very little of this but anything that has made Christine Hamilton turn into the fave says a lot about the other contestants! I think I'm better off out of it.

Amy
27-08-2002, 10:06 PM
If you want to have a look at the official celeb survivor site go to itv.com/celebrity :wavey:

blinkinlovely
27-08-2002, 10:52 PM
I looked carefully and could not actually see many maggotty, disgusting creatures touching Tara (tho I admired her bravery for standing up to her fears.

Nigel - well what a wimp, pretending to be tough by hitting people for a living.

Go get him Rhona (but hold back on the moany voice) :thumbs:

BigSister
28-08-2002, 09:04 AM
It will be intresting to see how Nigel fares with the Snakes

I thought Tara did very well and she is now my fave in the girls

:elephant: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Princess Pink Pants
28-08-2002, 09:52 AM
I wasnt impressed with the shower, she hardly even stood under it! The last few yucky bits went down her back, but that was it!!

I was soooooo disapointed, I thought she was gonna stand underneath and it was gonna go right over her head!

Christines my fave too! She was right about everyone ruining it for Tara and was the 1st to thank her, the others just mumbled thanx after Christine did!

wheelyjo
28-08-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by miriam

I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying this programme. :thumbs:

me to...........my opinion of tara and cristine av totally changed, 4 the postive, their attitude and behavior r gr8..........which is more than i can say 4 the others, esp rhona, who im surprised at, i wish shed CHEER UP :laugh:

ill defo b watching avidly till the end........cristine or tara 2 win :spin2:

Mark
28-08-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Princess Pink Pants
I wasnt impressed with the shower, she hardly even stood under it! The last few yucky bits went down her back, but that was it!!

Thats exactly what I was thinking when it was going, and she was making such a fuss!

I heard Ant or Dec keep saying, stand back more - but she didnt listen!

- Mark :dance:

kaphc
28-08-2002, 06:23 PM
I was amazed that she didn't really get very much on her at all either! The shower was in too big an area and should have been more enclosed so that she had to stand under the hatches.

Having said that, I think she did well to get through it - I would have hated it!

Apparently Nell McAndrew is currently 3/1 favourite to win. I like her (seems like a good laugh), Christine (working really hard and is very fair) and Tony Blackburn (keeps out of trouble and presents a balanced view when needed).

At the moment, I hope Christine wins it! :thumbs: :hello: But all that may change ......