PDA

View Full Version : Channel 5 Email- No Live Feed

*mazedsalv**
27-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding Big Brother.

There are currently no plans to bring back a live feed for this programme following the success of the use of social media platforms for the 2011 programme. However, your interest in seeing the resumption of a live feed has been logged for the attention of all relevant personnel.

Thank you for your interest in Channel 5.

Yours sincerely

Ian
VIEWER ADVISOR.

Well there you go. As usual we are the only BB in the world not to get 24/7 LF.

Maia
27-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Are they actually serious? :joker: After how successful it was on 5* last series as well?

Idiots.

Doogle
27-04-2012, 05:29 PM
following the success of the use of social media platforms for the 2011 programme.

Yes, that worked out so well with the amount of comments demanding Live Feed and C5 uploading clips only to Facebook which would all be used in the programme later on.

Mystic Mock
27-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Are C5 blind or deaf? im going for both and they should read and listen to what people want.

*mazedsalv**
27-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Its ridiculous isn't it? The success of social side?? WTF success? They mean the comments demanding it back?

The LF with live nominations for CBB9 got by far the highest ratings on 5* ever!

King Gizzard
27-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Let's stage a sit in :pipe:

Jordan.
27-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Is this 24 hour LF or any LF at all? Hopefully we still get the hour on 5*

*mazedsalv**
27-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Is this 24 hour LF or any LF at all? Hopefully we still get the hour on 5*

Probably nothing at all like BB12.

Mystic Mock
27-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Its ridiculous isn't it? The success of social side?? WTF success? They mean the comments demanding it back?

The LF with live nominations for CBB9 got by far the highest ratings on 5* ever!

They're crazy, we need someone to buy the channel just to sort this out because at the moment it's taking away the actual concept of the show.

Doogle
I bet the one hour on 5* comes back for CBB10 or something straight after normal BB :bored:

Maia
Yes, that worked out so well with the amount of comments demanding Live Feed and C5 uploading clips only to Facebook which would all be used in the programme later on.

Exactly :tongue: Are they that deluded? After all the uproar about live feed last year and how everyone hated the whole social media thing, and when they actually gave us an hour of live feed on 5* everyone hoovered it up, are they seriously now telling us they're ditching it again?

Maia
27-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Come back Channel 4, save us

Mystic Mock
27-04-2012, 05:35 PM
They want rid of normal BB so they can fill it up with more CBB ****.

arista
27-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Are they actually serious? :joker: After how successful it was on 5* last series as well?

Idiots.

No the 5* Ch
Live Feed hours
will carry on.

Its the 24/7 Live feed they will not fund, sadly

*mazedsalv**
27-04-2012, 05:37 PM
It's clear that if they don't show the 1 hour after evictions for BB but do it for CBB; that they surely want BB dead and CBB to live on

I don't get it. Surely they would want to do less CBB so they don't have to pay each celebrity thousands, or hundreds of thousands of £

arista
27-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Come back Channel 4, save us

No Ch4 has moved on,
it Ch5HD Only now

Maia
27-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Even if it was a couple of hours every day on 5* or something I'd be happy, having it back 24/7 doesn't totally bother me, but this bit of the email

There are currently no plans to bring back a live feed for this programme

Suggests they're not bringing any of it back, even the hour on 5*

Jack_
27-04-2012, 05:40 PM
SUCCESS OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA?! ARE THEY ****ING KIDDING ME?

The show is being run by morons though, to be honest what else are we supposed to expect? I doubt it'll ever come back. Ever.

Why they can't have a 24 hour payable subscription stream online like we had for BB11 I don't know though, there's enough demand for it...they could make a bit of profit, and it's better than nothing. They're just idiots, really.

Maia
27-04-2012, 05:43 PM
No Ch4 has moved on,
it Ch5HD Only now

Yes and CH5HD has all the resources to make it as amazing as the CH4 series and should be a great home for it, but they're ruining it by just focusing on making it an Only Way Is Essex ripoff :bored:

King Gizzard
27-04-2012, 05:45 PM
All they give a **** about is the brainless idiotic casual viewers who use the facebook page

Locke.
27-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Good old Channel 5, doing an amazing job of winding everyone up again :worship:

Samuel.
27-04-2012, 05:46 PM
To be expected. I doubt we'll ever get live feed back properly.

Tbh I'm past caring about it.

Jake.
27-04-2012, 05:48 PM
I reckon the odd hour on 5* will return, but thats all. Stupid decision.

Maia
27-04-2012, 05:49 PM
As long as we get some live feed I'll be happy. I really don't see why they couldn't do a subscription one online, but even so, as long as they give us a bit of something on 5* I won't complain. But nothing would be an absolute joke.

MTVN
27-04-2012, 05:49 PM
I guess the Facebook voting was maybe a success, and the videos and news on their might have got a lot of views, but I doubt many thought it a good replacement for LF. It doesn't bother me personally because I don't normally use it anyway, and even less likely to this summer with the Euros and the Olympics but it's gonna be annoying how loads of people are gonna start claiming C5 are fixing things again when it isn't going well for their favourite

arista
27-04-2012, 05:54 PM
I reckon the odd hour on 5* will return, but thats all. Stupid decision.

Yes
thats better than nothing

Glenn.
27-04-2012, 05:58 PM
It's 2012 :idc:

Glenn.
27-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Ignore my last post. I appear to have the reading age of a 4yr old :blush2:

Mystic Mock
27-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Ignore my last post. I appear to have the reading age of a 4yr old :blush2:

:joker:

Matt
27-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Well there you go. As usual we are the only BB in the world not to get 24/7 LF.

Admittedly it's not looking good, but in my experience broadcasters' customer service departments tend to use cut and paste responses which don't reflect any executive decisions until they're officially announced.

So I'm going to remain optimistic for the time being - live feed is now one of, if not THE highest rating 5* programmes ever, surely they can't ignore that?

michael21
27-04-2012, 06:31 PM
i no 24/7 live feed not going to happen but 5 hours a day would be good

Maia
27-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Michael21 will you buy Big Brother from CH5?

Glenn.
27-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Even a couple of hours a night would be good.

michael21
27-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Michael21 will you buy Big Brother from CH5?

:amazed: yes and i will also buy channels on all TV platform and bring back live feed

this is my ideal live feed normal

internet vote on two fav housemate and the camera will be on them 24/7 on the other channel

:dance::dance::dance:

all 24/7

happybbfan
27-04-2012, 06:46 PM
I doubt we will get any more live feed than one hour after evictions
it seems that C5 really don't care in showing what many of us call Big Brother anymore

Maia
27-04-2012, 06:50 PM
:amazed: yes and i will also buy channels on all TV platform and bring back live feed

this is my ideal live feed normal

internet vote on two fav housemate and the camera will be on them 24/7 on the other channel

:dance::dance::dance:

all 24/7

:worship:

Amazing

Michael21 > Channel 5

JohnnyBB
27-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Admittedly it's not looking good, but in my experience broadcasters' customer service departments tend to use cut and paste responses which don't reflect any executive decisions until they're officially announced.

So I'm going to remain optimistic for the time being - live feed is now one of, if not THE highest rating 5* programmes ever, surely they can't ignore that?

Theyll be fools to ignore that over a million tuned in to watch one hours worth of live feed, if anything it should inspire them to dedicate 5* completly to a big brother 24/7 live feed just play live feed on 5* and nothing eles it'll bring it into play with itv2 and e4 and if they dont realise this there really stupid.

Me. I Am Salman
27-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Urgh :rolleyes:

jyunga
28-04-2012, 02:13 AM
Maybe you guys are overestimating how many people actually get the livefeeds? They were axed for 2010 by C4 weren't they? I don't really blame C5.

InOne
28-04-2012, 02:33 AM
As long as it's a good as the last few series I don't really care

Gstar
28-04-2012, 03:06 AM
oh... just when I thought I was having a good day I seen this thread.

They are really ruining the concept of big brother, this is also making me think that they're gonna pick s**t housemates this year too.

Maia
28-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Maybe you guys are overestimating how many people actually get the livefeeds? They were axed for 2010 by C4 weren't they? I don't really blame C5.

They weren't ever fully axed by C4, even in 2009 when the red button was axed, they still gave us a night feed on E4. And 2010 was when they brought it back 24/7 by subscription because of the uproar that caused, but even a night feed would be better than what C5 is doing.

Patrick
28-04-2012, 08:31 AM
I'm sorry, I genuinely want to burn them for their complete stupidity and ignorance.

Patrick
28-04-2012, 08:37 AM
I bet the one hour on 5* comes back for CBB10 or something straight after normal BB :bored:

Was gonna say this too.

Once again CBB will become their little star project - and they wonder why BB doesn't do aswell.. because they treat it like sh*t. This is just a complete joke. If they could present us with a valid, fair and honest point then maybe we could understand but;

'After the success of social media in 2011' is just a laughable thing to say.

Complete bastards, I don't even see what's wrong with bringing it back for about an hour in the morning, afternoon and night on 5* every day? Jesus Christ.

BKSeat Productions
28-04-2012, 10:23 AM
We should show them how successful the 'social media' sites are by boycotting them! We should all unfollow their Twitter and unlike their Facebook, what do you reckon?

Patrick
28-04-2012, 10:28 AM
We should show them how successful the 'social media' sites are by boycotting them! We should all unfollow their Twitter and unlike their Facebook, what do you reckon?

No one would do it, their casual viewers wouldn't bother - and that's what they care about, the idiotic uneducated dullards who post things like 'brian is hilarious lulz' and 'alex or jay 2 win omgg<33' on their wall constantly.

Jarrod
28-04-2012, 10:30 AM
No one would do it, their casual viewers wouldn't bother - and that's what they care about, the idiotic uneducated dullards who post things like 'brian is hilarious lulz' and 'alex or jay 2 win omgg<33' on their wall constantly.

I completely agree with this. Channel 5 aren't listening to the long time viewers who actually want Live Feed. They'd rather turn Big Brother into some teen soap opera for 60 odd days.

daniel-lewis-1985
28-04-2012, 11:23 AM

No. 1 million people watched last series live feed on 5* so theres demand for it.

How can they say that the social media was a success? The videos were only getting about 2000 hits....My youtube videos get more lol!!

Jarrod
28-04-2012, 11:53 AM
No. 1 million people watched last series live feed on 5* so theres demand for it.

How can they say that the social media was a success? The videos were only getting about 2000 hits....My youtube videos get more lol!!

Exactly! If 1 million people watched the LF, that beat most, if not all of the Saturday night shows for Big Brother 2011.

daniel-lewis-1985
28-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Exactly! If 1 million people watched the LF, that beat most, if not all of the Saturday night shows for Big Brother 2011.

I know.

Phillip And Holly were even talking about there being no live feed on "This Morning" so its a big deal.

Its what made BB unique. I really thought after the success of "Live from the house" Channel 5 would commision it, atleast online like in BB1.

GypsyGoth
28-04-2012, 01:05 PM
It seems like a waste not putting on live feed. They have everything there to do it, so it wouldn't cost them much. So for little effort 5 would get loads of reward.

There much be some hassle involved that I can't see, cause to me it seems like a no brainer having live feed.

*mazedsalv**
28-04-2012, 01:37 PM
I think they need to read this on the 5* wiki page...

On 18 January 2012, 5* received its highest-ever rating for the channel since it launched in 2006. 5* began broadcasting Live from the House, the one hour live feed for Big Brother that airs after every eviction. It started out well with over three hundred thousand viewers but skyrocketed on 18 January receiving 1.04 million viewers (994,000 on 5* and 41,000 on the time shift channel, 5*+1) with a audience share of over 5%. The live feed for Big Brother was brought back by popular demand and it's expected with these ratings they will continue to air it.

Yes, that bit in the bold! Popular demand! I don't understand how they can't listen to us.

iRyan
28-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Is this a ****ing JOKE!?

jyunga
28-04-2012, 09:46 PM

But that was for CBB which has had more interest then the normal season. It was for an hour only which made people crave it and they could get advertising for it. Having a 24/7 livefeed with normal HMs isn't going to pull in as much viewship. Especially if people end up having to pay for the livefeeds.

daniel-lewis-1985
28-04-2012, 10:52 PM
But that was for CBB which has had more interest then the normal season. It was for an hour only which made people crave it and they could get advertising for it. Having a 24/7 livefeed with normal HMs isn't going to pull in as much viewship. Especially if people end up having to pay for the livefeeds.

Its SERIES #JustSaying

Every other country has live feed apart from the UK. We want live feed plain and simple.

iRyan
29-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Its SERIES #JustSaying

Every other country has live feed apart from the UK. We want live feed plain and simple.

That's how you guys say it but it's not grammatically correct.

seriesplural of se·ries (Noun)
Noun:
A number of things, events, or people of a similar kind or related nature coming one after another: "a series of lectures".
A set of related television or radio programs, esp. of a specified kind: "a new drama series".

Big Brother is a series. Big Brother 2012 is a season.

reece(:
29-04-2012, 12:33 AM
channel5 are doing good at pissing me off and slaughtering BB, can't they do anything right

jyunga
30-04-2012, 03:40 AM
I agree it would be awesome for you guys to have live feed. But at the end of the day, you're lucky C5 took up BB. You could be without it right now, stop hating on them so much. If it's really as bad as some people claim it is... why do people still watch and post on here? :P I'm not from the UK but i'm glad C5 picked it up cause I enjoy watching the UK version more then the US version. Maybe if the ratings pick up they'll bring the live feeds back.

swinearefine
30-04-2012, 04:04 AM
I agree it would be awesome for you guys to have live feed. But at the end of the day, you're lucky C5 took up BB. You could be without it right now, stop hating on them so much. If it's really as bad as some people claim it is... why do people still watch and post on here? :P I'm not from the UK but i'm glad C5 picked it up cause I enjoy watching the UK version more then the US version. Maybe if the ratings pick up they'll bring the live feeds back.

:rolleyes: I hate when people say things like this. No, we shouldn't accept just anything Channel 5 produces, we should be critical and vocal when they ignore the vast majority of fans and deny us a vital aspect of Big Brother. And people still post here because they are obviously big fans of Big Brother and have a vested interest in its future. Think about it: If people weren't vocal about the live feed issue, we most likely wouldn't have even got the measly few hours we did for CBB.

jyunga
30-04-2012, 06:44 PM
:rolleyes: I hate when people say things like this. No, we shouldn't accept just anything Channel 5 produces, we should be critical and vocal when they ignore the vast majority of fans and deny us a vital aspect of Big Brother. And people still post here because they are obviously big fans of Big Brother and have a vested interest in its future. Think about it: If people weren't vocal about the live feed issue, we most likely wouldn't have even got the measly few hours we did for CBB.

Being vocal is one thing. Trashing C5 and exaggerating that the series is **** now because the lack of live feeds is another thing. "Vast majority of fans" is also an exaggeration. Where did you get that? 800,000 people liked something telling them to get livefeeds back on facebook? If they thought it was worth it they'd likely do it, no reason not too. They obviously don't think it's worth it yet. Get your "vast majority of fans" to go down to the studio this season and get some signs up chanting for the feeds back. That'll do a lot more then saying how BB and C5 suck on here.

Gstar
30-04-2012, 10:31 PM
I think they will bring some form of live feed back, they'll be stupid not to.

Lets just wait and see :shrug:

swinearefine
01-05-2012, 06:11 AM
Being vocal is one thing. Trashing C5 and exaggerating that the series is **** now because the lack of live feeds is another thing. "Vast majority of fans" is also an exaggeration. Where did you get that? 800,000 people liked something telling them to get livefeeds back on facebook? If they thought it was worth it they'd likely do it, no reason not too. They obviously don't think it's worth it yet. Get your "vast majority of fans" to go down to the studio this season and get some signs up chanting for the feeds back. That'll do a lot more then saying how BB and C5 suck on here.

So you didn't notice all the backlash and hostility last year when they announced there would be no live feeds? For a while the majority of posts on the official BB facebook page were complaints about the lack of live feed... it's pretty obvious the majority are not pleased.

BJ
01-05-2012, 07:42 AM
SUCCESS OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA?! ARE THEY ****ING KIDDING ME?

The show is being run by morons though, to be honest what else are we supposed to expect? I doubt it'll ever come back. Ever.

Why they can't have a 24 hour payable subscription stream online like we had for BB11 I don't know though, there's enough demand for it...they could make a bit of profit, and it's better than nothing. They're just idiots, really.

I agree with you. I was very happy to pay for it and I don't vote without it