PDA

View Full Version : I just wish they treat the show with more respect.

Jords
07-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Instead of concentrating on what daft costumes the HMs should wear and silly filler tasks I wish they raised the profile a bit more. Dont focus on how dumb 1 of the HMs are or on any bogus showmances. We should get a fair insight of all the HMs.

They need to get the show to experience more extremes - get them sloshed and partying hard but also get strict on their arse and get them facing some tough dilemmas in there. It shouldnt be a easy ride that floats in the middle and the biggest drama is that the house-couple have had an argument... how fricking old is that now???

Doesnt go without saying that their needs to be fresh tasks and thoughtful twists which we should know beforehand so that it cannot be used as part of a set-up. Dont treat us as fools that will buy into anything!

They simply just need to cut down on the cheesy-side of Big Brother.

Id like nothing more from an advert than perhaps a few ex-HMs realing a line like - 'It was the hardest experience of my life', 'Would I do it again? You bet', 'I made friends but I sure hell made enemies too' ... get people excited. Not have Brian reenact Noah and the Ark or whatever that crap was.

The show has a concept that can still be great.

Patrick
07-05-2012, 03:52 PM
testing testing 123

Patrick
07-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Sorry was just seeing if I was banned, cus I have a message.
Anyway - gonna read the OP now.

Shaun
07-05-2012, 03:58 PM
I agree, but it's just going to try to compete with the shows like TOWIE, Made in Chelsea and Geordie Shore now. They're what's popular, it seems.

Jords
07-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Sorry was just seeing if I was banned, cus I have a message.
Anyway - gonna read the OP now.

:joker::joker::joker:

RichardG
07-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Agree with everything except the final bit about the adverts. To be honest I don't want anyone in the ads - I just want graphics, like this:

UBwJbXWY_mg&feature=relmfu

Much better than having anyone talking or reenacting Noah and the Ark. :p

It does need to be much tougher this time around though. Recently it's just been a 24/7 party with no real punishment or challenges and it's a bit boring. They need hard tasks and exciting new twists. GOOD twists as well, not like the ones they've gave us so far. A susprise eviction the day before the final - great - until they went and told them it was going to happen the night before. :nono: and that money twist was rubbish too. Also, the tasks should be hard to do as in they have to keep doing something all night or they have difficult decisions to make, not hard as in bungee jumping. Tasks like that make it less Big Brother imo and more I'm a Celeb.

Jords
07-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Graphics like that wouldnt work with the new ****ty eye, plus its sort of be done and Im totally cool with developing the show and re-vamping it. I wouldnt mind maybe shadowing out the new HMs and quote something said from their audition stage, 'Im not going in to make friends Im going in to win', -bad joke told- ...awkward silence... Did you not like that Big Brother? Big Brothert 'no', people sounding interesting with facts about theirself etc.

The show really needs to create a buzz because atm people just think 'Oh Big Brother is back on' and dont even give it a chance. Adverts can spark an interst especially if you can make people laugh.

Kizzy
07-05-2012, 04:33 PM
I agree the profile does need raising, the tasks dont have to be expensive or elaborate...In fact the ones that have been were the worst fails in my eyes, the silly pizza task? ...
Its big brother not its a knockout.
A few dilemmas would be good and interesting too, if you do x then y will happen if you dont then z will happen, and give timescales to complete by.
Force people out of their comfort zones, creative tasks are brilliant dancing, singing, art that stuff...

Jords
07-05-2012, 04:47 PM
I agree the profile does need raising, the tasks dont have to be expensive or elaborate...In fact the ones that have been were the worst fails in my eyes, the silly pizza task? ...
Its big brother not its a knockout.
A few dilemmas would be good and interesting too, if you do x then y will happen if you dont then z will happen, and give timescales to complete by.
Force people out of their comfort zones, creative tasks are brilliant dancing, singing, art that stuff...

See I think the performance tasks have been so overdone now - the singing, acting, dancing, routines etc. and so have these make 'x' amount of something and you need to do this 'y' amount of times. No thought in it at all really.

I like the whole dilemma thing there though Kizzy - make the house choose between rewards and punishments. Encourage divides in opinion and make it feel more like youre living with a group of people which youll share good and bad times with rather than living with a bunch of mates with 1/2 enemies.

Big Brother is a GAMESHOW and they need to make sure the HMs play and deserve the win. And Im also a big believer that the HMs should have the fate of their stay more in their own hands rather the others and the public who nominate and evict. It basically needs to develop a competition direction... perhaps increasing the prize fund to £250,000 but idk if thats profitable to do.

Jake.
09-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Agree with a lot of what you said. Something like CBB7 wouldn't go a miss (although CBB9 was also good).

Marsh.
09-05-2012, 02:18 PM
I wouldn't mind trailers like the ones from BB3, when they'd show the silhouette of a housemate with just the caption "Adele, 26" etc or something along those lines.

Jake.
09-05-2012, 02:20 PM
I wouldn't mind trailers like the ones from BB3, when they'd show the silhouette of a housemate with just the caption "Adele, 26" etc or something along those lines.

Yeah, some decent adverts to start raising the hype or something. Although the new trailer we just had was brilliant.

Tregard
10-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Big Brother is a GAMESHOW and they need to make sure the HMs play and deserve the win. And Im also a big believer that the HMs should have the fate of their stay more in their own hands rather the others and the public who nominate and evict. It basically needs to develop a competition direction... perhaps increasing the prize fund to £250,000 but idk if thats profitable to do.

A decent idea would be claiming the prize fund is £50'000 and then once they're in the house for a few weeks, tell them it's £250'000. Watch their personas change