PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race Australia 2

swinearefine
07-05-2012, 06:13 PM
http://l.yimg.com/ea/img/-/120420/tara120420tv630_17p1agi-17p1ah8.jpg

Cast: http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-amazing-race-australia/features/article/-/13477875/teams-for-the-amazing-race-australia-s2-revealed/?cmp=tvsw

Season 1 episodes: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL40977DA7ED42038C&feature=plcp

Some changes to the format: The "Salvage Pass" will shake things up in Leg 1, and at the start of each leg teams must vote for who receives the U-Turn.

Starts sometime this month :amazed:

Episodes can be found here (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2AC0252579F8B37C&feature=plcp).

Marc
07-05-2012, 06:17 PM
:amazed: I'm gonna watch the first season.

swinearefine
07-05-2012, 06:23 PM

It's excellent! One of my favorite seasons of all time

Corkie
19-05-2012, 10:01 PM

:thumbs: It's very good, especially first few episodes.

Looking forward to new series.

Dare I say better then recent U.S seasons?

swinearefine
20-05-2012, 02:41 AM
:thumbs: It's very good, especially first few episodes.

Looking forward to new series.

Dare I say better then recent U.S seasons?

It's loads better than the sh*t the US version has been churning out lately. My only complaint is that the route was just a rehash of TAR Asia routes and most of the tasks were luck-based. But I hear this season they're visiting some countries TAR Asia hasn't, so it should be great.

swinearefine
20-05-2012, 04:56 PM
The series begins Wednesday 30 May at 9pm Australian time. I believe that's 12pm GMT, 7am EST, and 4am PST.

Corkie
20-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Cool looking forward to it. 30th May is a Wednesday though :thumbs:

swinearefine
20-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Cool looking forward to it. 30th May is a Wednesday though :thumbs:

Thanks, I'll fix that.

swinearefine
31-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Episode 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=iisWCH7U4cU) is up!

Marc
05-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Ohhh I like the Salvage Pass idea! Very very nice of the father/daughter team for using it :)

Marc
05-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Though if the other team (the two "alpha males") had come last I would have wanted father/daughter to have not used the pass :laugh: tactically.

lostalex
06-06-2012, 04:37 PM
I thought the salvage pass was a stupid trick to build suspense. Obviously they are gonna use it, think about it... The last team to arive is gonna have a horrible disadvantage, and those girls that came last were hopeless, so they are probably going to be last next week too, which means it buys you an extra week in the game.

They didn't use it out of the goodness of their hearts, they did it because it garunteed them another week in the game. Those girls they saved were worthless and don't stand a chance of winning, so of course they want to keep them in the game to act as a buffer from them ever coming last.

If they hadn't have used the salvage pass you know the season is a set number of episodes, so that means the producers would have just added another non elimination leg somewhere down the line, potentially saving a much better team. Anyone with half a brain would have used the salvage pass on those hopeless girls, and not because "ohh i know how special it is to be on the show, so we are using it because we care about your DREAM" gimme a break, they used it because it was the smart tactical decision.

I really didn't like the first episode, i got bored of the first season of TAR AUS half way through and never finished it, and i'm not warming to this bunch eigther. hopefully the next ep picks up.

That first ep was horrible, reeked of manipulation by the editors and the twist was ridiculous.

lostalex
06-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Though if the other team (the two "alpha males") had come last I would have wanted father/daughter to have not used the pass :laugh: tactically.

oh yea, that asian guy talking about how much of an "alpha male" he is was ridiculous. What a loser.

swinearefine
06-06-2012, 08:10 PM
I loved the first episode. They did the right thing with the salvage pass - a one hour advantage really wouldn't be much of an advantage at all because they could just get stuck at a bunching point. If I were them, I would work with the sisters and try to drag them to the end because they're weak.

I really didn't like the first episode, i got bored of the first season of TAR AUS half way through and never finished it, and i'm not warming to this bunch eigther. hopefully the next ep picks up.

:nono: TARAU1 had the best cast of any season except TAR5 and TAR12. All the teams delivered except Jeff and Luke.

Marc
17-06-2012, 12:19 PM
I hate Paul & Steve :bored:

swinearefine
18-06-2012, 12:01 AM
I'm so devastated :sad: *aura sprays*

I hate Paul & Steve :bored:

They're trying so hard to be the villains, but you can tell it's all forced. They're just nasty and annoying, and not in an entertaining way.

Marc
18-06-2012, 12:05 AM
Keep spraying yourself, it's fine, we'll get through this.

I think they'll definitely be U-Turned somewhere down the line

Marc
03-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Aw Ross/Taryn :(

Marc
16-08-2012, 01:20 PM
The winners :worship:

Great seasonThank GOD! Paul didn't win

starry
16-08-2012, 08:41 PM
It was a great season, I thought it was the right final 4. The taxis in China pretty much deprived us of a proper finish there. Taxis will always be the achilles heel of this show until the producers do something about it. Lucy and Emilia outstayed their welcome a bit by their last two episodes, too much weeping and their theme music and their playing up to it could seem a bit gimmicky. Like Mark and Bopper they were clearly favourites of the producers. In both cases I probably didn't mind earlier on in the season but when it continues too long it can get annoying. Happy enough with the winners, which is rare for me on this show.

Marc
16-08-2012, 09:27 PM
I think the taxis are a good obstacle and when will people just realise that they need to steal an english-speaking native to travel the whole leg with them :laugh:

starry
17-08-2012, 11:54 AM
I hate the whole 'helpers' thing as well, it means the racers don't have to do any work at all. That was one of the biggest problems I had with Season 7 of the American version. I actually liked Rob and Amber in that (even if I may not have liked them on Survivor), but when they used a helper in England it was just a farce, it made it far too easy.

I much prefer self-driving or the use of public transport (too underused). It's really great when they get maps and have to find their way, that has created some of the most classic moments. Some of the most disgusting moments are the crooked and incompetant taxis ruining shows, it has happened far too many times, and I'm surprised a contestant hasn't punched a taxi driver yet (they have only spoken about doing it).