PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Funniest?

bonzobravo
29-08-2002, 12:01 AM
I know there are hundreds more but these are the ones I FEEL have credibility, I apologise in advance!!!!

I have gone for James Stanic, I nearly piss myself every time I hear him on the radio.

He is the most cynical person alive!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Janette
29-08-2002, 10:14 AM
I'm still not sure who Dom Joly is, and I've never heard of James Stanic!

I must be getting old!!!!!!!!!

However, I have to say that I'm stuck between Billy Connelly and Graham Norton, they both make me laugh out loud!

Mairi
29-08-2002, 04:33 PM
Billy Connolly ALWAYS makes me laugh. I only have to look at him!!

:laugh:

sweetlittlesara
29-08-2002, 04:56 PM
No Billy connelly just annoys me, graham norton is the funniest!! :thumbs:

Amy
29-08-2002, 05:15 PM
Graham Norton makes me laugh and so does Chris Moyles :wavey:

WILDCHILD
29-08-2002, 05:35 PM
I dont find Graham Norton that funny any more. I find he can get quite personal. Some of his one liners can be amusing at times but I find him quite boring.
As for Brian - I love him so my vote goes for him! :laugh:

Romantic Old Bird
29-08-2002, 06:51 PM
Peter Kay is un-pc but very funny

Dom Joly is funny in person but the prog is too daft sometimes

Billy Connolly used to be really funny, but he's like me, getting a little past his best.

Don't know the James bloke

Chris Moyles can be unkind

Graham Norton - getting tired of same format

Forgotten who else the options were!!

peachy
29-08-2002, 07:00 PM
I've voted for Peter Kay, Phoenix Nights is just brilliant and he co-wrote it and plays several parts. It is a real tour de force and the funniest programme on TV at the moment.

BusyBee
29-08-2002, 08:19 PM
I've voted for Billy Connolly. I could never see what people saw in him then I saw him live. He was absolutely brilliant. I also like Peter Kay - like his dry humour. I'm afraid my all time favourites (who probably most of you will never of heard of are Morecambe and Wise and Tommy Cooper - just had to walk on a stage to have the audience in fit) showing my age I am afraid.

susieq
29-08-2002, 10:22 PM
Peter Kay is brilliant - love Phoenix Nights and he's always really funny in interviews. Dom Joly - bit of a one trick pony for me I'm afraid. Billy Connolly - love him, can watch tapes of him over and over and they still make me laugh. James Stannage (I think you mean Bonzo) has a VERY dry sense of humour and, can be a bit like Chris Morris in that he can take a quite controversial topic, put his own spin on it and then sit back and wait for the public to go crazy. The callers to his show can get quite abusive but he just gives it back, and then some! My claim to fame is that I phoned in to his show one night and spoke on air (!) - he was very nice.

bonzobravo
29-08-2002, 10:29 PM
Susieq what did you talk about?

I phoned in once and spoke about how inept and pointless the royal family are, and that I was uncomfortable how the public reacted when Diana died. I thought about it for 3 minitues and felt sorrow for the kids and then went to sleep.

We also talked about god, but I won't tell u what I said because....... well I can't be arsed with the reaction?

You may have noticed I like to bring up controversial subjcects too? hmmmmmmmm

susieq
29-08-2002, 10:53 PM
Bonzo - he was having one of his nice nights (they don't happen very often as you know). We were talking about music and he'd quoted a line from a song and asked people to ring in if they knew it and I did. It was from a James Taylor song (can't remember which one now) and he had me singing it on the radio -how embarrassing!!

bonzobravo
29-08-2002, 10:55 PM
Quality, he actually agreed with most of what I said.