PDA

View Full Version : beckham to light the torch?

the truth
25-07-2012, 11:31 PM
the guy seems to have taken over the world, may as well give him the olympics too

thats the talk anyway he allegedly declined the offer after not being picked for the GB team, no doubt he thought it made him look gracious, now hes back on board again as one of the chosen few to carry the torch in the stadium

if he actually is the last one to light it, ahead of the endless olympic champions, then I will duly stick my foot through the tv set and disown the london olympics

i say get , redgrave, tanni gray (sod the paralympics make a statement and get her on this), sally sunnell, kelly holmes, daley thompson, duncan goodhew, jonathon edwards, lynn davies, mary peters, david broom, etc to name but a few

sorry lord beckham youve made hundreds of millions, youre doing all right without hogging the olympic flame too

michael21
26-07-2012, 12:14 AM
:nono: i am lighting the torch Beckham on stand by if i am late :hmph:

Novo
26-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Well aren't you a horrible bastard, spitting on Lord Becks like this after all he's done

the truth
26-07-2012, 01:44 AM
Well aren't you a horrible bastard, spitting on Lord Becks like this after all he's done

not at all...im just saying give it to an olympian not a semi retired celebrity footballer

whats he done kicked a ball round a field and earned £200 million? big deal

Mystic Mock
26-07-2012, 03:23 AM
I like Beckham as a Footballer but he does seem to like hogging the limelight to much, even when his not an Olympic player.

the truth
26-07-2012, 12:52 PM
I like Beckham as a Footballer but he does seem to like hogging the limelight to much, even when his not an Olympic player.

exactly, the olympics is much much bigger than the ego of one man, especially one who is not even an olympian