PDA

View Full Version : Tom Daley London Olympics Twitter abuse: Police arrest 17-year-old man

Mrluvaluva
31-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Police have confirmed that they have arrested a 17-year-old man as they continue to investigate a series of Twitter messages sent to Tom Daley.

Dorset Police said in a tweet early on Tuesday morning (July 31): "Regarding tweets to @TomDaley1994 - 17-year-old man arrested this morning at a guest house in the Weymouth area. Enquiries continue."

Daley was subjected to abuse on the microblogging site on Monday (July 30), following his fourth place finish in the synchronised diving.

The Olympic sportsman retweeted a message from a particular user, who referred to Daley's late father by commenting: "You let your dad down i hope you know that."

The individual initially apologised and claimed that he didn't know about Daley's father's death, but soon continued to post abusive messages.

He called Daley an "over-hyped pr*ck", a "little p***y" and "an absolute waste of space", adding: "i'm going to find you and i'm going to drown you in the pool you cocky tw*t your a nobody people like you make me sick"

Daley has since told his followers: "Thank you everyone for all your support before, during and after the synchro, the atmosphere was incredible! Now focussing on the individual."

Digital Spy (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a396280/tom-daley-london-olympics-twitter-abuse-police-arrest-17-year-old-man.html)

Lewis.
31-07-2012, 01:32 PM
man?? pffft yeah whatever.

Saph
31-07-2012, 01:39 PM
"an absolute waste of space"

..says the 17 year old getting arrested for abusing people on twitter...

Harry!
31-07-2012, 01:50 PM
I am SO glad he has been arrested, he has contantly been abusive to users on Twitter over the last few months and he is finally getting what he deserves!

Shaun
31-07-2012, 02:09 PM
just kill the prick

rSlavenx
31-07-2012, 02:12 PM
100% correct that the police should be involved in this. The boys entire timeline is absolutely vile, his tweets towards 'Olly Riley' and Tom Daley are disgusting. Then the YouTube video is threatening and racist, not to mention psychotic.

Marc
03-08-2012, 07:51 PM
just kill the prick

Throw him off a diving board into shattered glass and used needles xoxoxo

Jords
03-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Good that dude is a complete waste of oxygen.

Ninastar
03-08-2012, 09:17 PM
*boy

lostalex
04-08-2012, 07:07 PM
It's disgusting the police get involved at all. Millions of people say far worse to others all the time on twitter, but it's only when it's a CELEBRITY that the police get involved. Pathetic.

Celebrities should not be getting special treatment.

Ninastar
04-08-2012, 07:10 PM
I think you make a good point, but I do think that this will be raising awareness and more will be done now.

I hope so anyway

Shaun
04-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Twitter and Facebook need more control, they're both breeding grounds for all kinds of threats and ignorance right now